WINNER WONDERLAND

“Insane Shuttle Driver!!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Las Colinas

Hotel Las Colinas
Ranked #62 of 78 Hotels in Irving

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Czech first
Troy, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

We recently stayed here and I have to give it a glowing review. The room was beautiful and clean. The staff was courteous and helpful. The price was also very reasonable for the accomodation. We weren't there long, but I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
St. Petersburg, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

We were exhibiting at a fiery food show in Irving and the Wyndham was the selected vendor hotel. The hotel was conveniently located near the convention center. The outside was attractive and well maintained. The interior was equally attractive and well kept. Check in was very fast although the desk clerk didn't seem very knowledgeable. I told him that I was a Wyndham member but didn't have my numbers and I asked if he could look them up for me. He just stared at me for a while and then said his manager could do that. Hhmm - never ran into that one before. The room we were assigned was very nice. It was clean and well appointed. The bathroom was very clean as well. The bed was comfortable as well. The hotel was very quiet with the exception of the lobby (expected). When we arrived in the room, I wanted to put our product samples in the refrigerator, but there wasn't one in the room. I had verified on the hotel website, which stated that there was one in each room. I called the front desk and talked to the same clerk that checked us in. He stated the those are available only in the suites. I told him what the website said and was greeted with silence.

At the hotel's happy hour later that night, I was speaking with the bartender who I took to be one of the hotel mgmt staff. I mentioned how nice the hotel was but that I was disappointed with the refrigerator issue and how the desk clerk handled it. He was very nice about it, apologized for it and ask for my room number. About an hour later, I went to my room and there was a refrigerator sitting there, plugged in and cooling. That was excellent customer service!

As far as the restaurant, I did not eat there but my fellow vendors said the food and service was very good. Since we had a discounted rate of $79/night, the value I received was phenomenal. I don't know the regular rates but I think that regardless of the rates, I would definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business