“it was a very pleasant stay”

Wingate By Wyndham Dallas / Las Colinas
Ranked #13 of 79 Hotels in Irving
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 5, 2010

The service at this hotel is superb. We have been staying at this Wingate for a number of years when we go for the Texas-OU game. We always return, not only because we like the location, but also the rooms are very "roomy" and have all the extras (microwave, refrigerator, etc). The manager is excellent to work with, as we had approximately 13 rooms reserved and thecheck-in went very smooth. The only problem, there were a couple of rooms that had minor toilet problems.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,000)

Reviewed September 29, 2010

Our room was disgusting. Front desk staff was awful. Requested a wake up call that never came. Linens were wrinkled and bathroom looked as if it was never cleaned. Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2010

We were traveling to Dallas to see a football game. We were on a budget and chose this hotel because of the previous reviews. Here was our experience.

Airport:
We called when we landed and were told where to wait outside the terminal. They informed us it would be @ 10-12 minutes. No problem. We ventured outside and were right where we needed to be nice. :) We were standing by the sign we were supposed to be at. We received a call from the front desk stating the driver could not find us. We looked up to see the van about to pass us. We flag her down. She states that she had been there 3 times and could not stop at the curb because the police make them move. Now I believe that the police make you move and not stay parked on the curb. However it was a pick up zone. We were there the entire time and there were no police. I asked if we were in the right place and she said yes. She never stopped becasuse we didn't flag her down. ?????

Hotel:
I believe the person at the front desk was Abdul. He was nice and let us check in early. We went up to the room and there was hair all over the bathroom floor and in the shower and a used wash cloth hanging from the curtain rod. EWWWHH!!! We went downstairs and had our room changed. The second room was better. There is a huge flat screen tv very nice. The room was big and had a mini fridge and microwave. The bed was very soft.

Service:
We called on Saturday night and asked for a wake up call for Sunday morning at 7:30 AM. They never called!!! Thank goodness I woke up on my own.

When we came down for breakfast we informed the front desk that the smoke alarm in our room kept going off and the batteries needed to be changed. They told us they would take care of it.

We went to the front desk to ask for a ride over to Chammps to get a shuttle to the game. The driver from the day before and Abdul ignored us as they talked and ate breakfast. They finally came over to us after at least 10 minutes and said it would be another five minutes before they could take us. (the shuttle to take you arould town was advertised another reason we booked this hotel) We missed the shuttle to the game and had to wait an hour before it could come back and get us.

At 5 AM the smoke alarm started going of continually. My husband got up and disconnected it from the wall and took the battery out. It was still going off. (like the Friend's episode with Phoebe) I called the front desk very upset because they were supposed to take care of it the day before. The woman informed me she could not leave the front desk because she was the only one there. She told me to leave it outside my door. I'm sure the other people sleeping in the rooms next to me would have loved that.
I hung up very mad. I took the smoke alarm put it in the elevator and sent it down. I know there are cameras in there so I assume she got it.

Not one person came to apologize for the smoke alarm incident. When I checked out on Monday and they ask the usual "How was your stay." I informed them and again they did nothing. I will never stay here again. I can not believe the lack of service or consideration for a guest.

Positive:
The afternoon driver, the man, can't remember his name. (sorry) He was very nice.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jenn6500
Reviewed July 6, 2010

All of the personnel at this hotel treated us like VIP's. They were very courteous, friendly and helpful. The front desk people answered all of our questions and did not make us feel like we were bothering them. Our room was clean and smelled fresh. The bed was sooooooooo comfortable. The free breakfast was delicious ...was the best breakfast we had at hotels in several years. The hotel is located in a pleasant, safe looking neighborhood. We also like the fact that the room was a great deal (puchased on internet), and we could leave our car in the parking lot for free and not worry about it. Their courtesy van took us to the airport and dropped us off at our terminal. Driver helped us find our gate when we got turned around. When we returned to the airport 7 days later we simply called the hotel and the courtesy van picked us up from the airport, took us back to our car. The courtesy van drivers were of great assistance to us in both navigating at the airport and with directions to get on our way back home. We will abosolutely stay here again in the near future. A friend told us about this hotel and we are so glad we took her advice!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2010

This hotel is truly value for money for anyone who is looking for a hotel to stay in the Las Colinas or Irving area. Some of the key benefits that a guest would have are:
1. Shuttle service provided by the hotel
2. Free airport pickup/drop
3. Complimentary breakfast
4. Avis-Rent-a-Car office inside the hotel

The hotel provides you all the amenities that you would require as a traveller and at the same time give you the most competitive price that is possible. The rooms have all the basic amenities and are well maintained.

The only flip side is that their is no in-house restuarant but there are various restaurants around the hotel which have the option of delivery to the hotel and also there is a restaurant just one block down the hotel which acts as the room service provider for this hotel.

A definte pick for a business or a leisure traveller.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 5, 2010

This hotel is located in a complex of hotels and restaurants moderately close to DFW. They have an airport shuttle that will also take you around to nearby places (5mi radius, I think), but I would definitely recommend reserving the shuttle well in advance because it's first come first serve. You'll have a decent number of walkable eating options, but unless you have a car, you'll need that shuttle if you need to go anywhere else.

The hotel is very well kept, and the rooms are quite spacious and classy with high ceilings. The beds looked nice and were comfy. I also liked the large alarm clock, which I think is some kind of Wyndham trademark. There are a microwave and refrigerator included in the room. The bathroom is also nice with impressive shower water pressure and Neutrogena toiletries.

The continental breakfast in the AM is great! In addition to the traditional starchy continental breakfast fare, they also have hot eggs and bacon. Plus, they have this an awesome waffle maker that makes waffles in the shape of TX. Genius!

Lastly, the hotel was nice enough to give me a short extension on checkout because I was running a race that morning. I was quite impressed by this hotel and would look for this hotel brand again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank interviewtraveler
Reviewed March 25, 2010

I visit the DFW area (from Europe) on business and pleasure about twice a year for the past 10 years. I've finally found a hotel that has everything I thing I need to support both the work and pleasure aspect of my time in the area.

a well-maintained hot breakfast buffet (no fruit); spotless rooms, comfortable beds; Neutrogena bathroom amenitties; ini-room safe; microwave & mini-frige in the room; free business center, roomy and modern fitness center; located near shopping & dining; and professional staff (desk, housekeeping, maintenance, & breakfast bar).

It's the real-deal for travelers seeking excellent quality for the price !!

The hotel is listed as near DFW airport. It isn't in the immediate vicinity, but is only about 10 miles away, on the Dallas-side. 10 miles isn't very far, in terms of Texas mileage. THE GOOD NEWS: they offer a DFW shuttle service and the hotel has an Avis car rental office on site. Save the extra 1-2 days of car rental and get airport-to-hotel-to-airport shuttle service.

Thank you very much to the team at Wingate, Las Colinas !!!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business