“A friend told us about this hotel and we are so glad we took her advice!”

Wingate By Wyndham Las Colinas
Ranked #8 of 77 Hotels in Irving
GreenLeadersBronze level
Texarkana, Texas
“A friend told us about this hotel and we are so glad we took her advice!”
Reviewed July 6, 2010

All of the personnel at this hotel treated us like VIP's. They were very courteous, friendly and helpful. The front desk people answered all of our questions and did not make us feel like we were bothering them. Our room was clean and smelled fresh. The bed was sooooooooo comfortable. The free breakfast was delicious ...was the best breakfast we had at hotels in several years. The hotel is located in a pleasant, safe looking neighborhood. We also like the fact that the room was a great deal (puchased on internet), and we could leave our car in the parking lot for free and not worry about it. Their courtesy van took us to the airport and dropped us off at our terminal. Driver helped us find our gate when we got turned around. When we returned to the airport 7 days later we simply called the hotel and the courtesy van picked us up from the airport, took us back to our car. The courtesy van drivers were of great assistance to us in both navigating at the airport and with directions to get on our way back home. We will abosolutely stay here again in the near future. A friend told us about this hotel and we are so glad we took her advice!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Sammamish, Washington
Reviewed June 28, 2010

This hotel is truly value for money for anyone who is looking for a hotel to stay in the Las Colinas or Irving area. Some of the key benefits that a guest would have are:
1. Shuttle service provided by the hotel
2. Free airport pickup/drop
3. Complimentary breakfast
4. Avis-Rent-a-Car office inside the hotel

The hotel provides you all the amenities that you would require as a traveller and at the same time give you the most competitive price that is possible. The rooms have all the basic amenities and are well maintained.

The only flip side is that their is no in-house restuarant but there are various restaurants around the hotel which have the option of delivery to the hotel and also there is a restaurant just one block down the hotel which acts as the room service provider for this hotel.

A definte pick for a business or a leisure traveller.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Washington
Reviewed May 5, 2010

This hotel is located in a complex of hotels and restaurants moderately close to DFW. They have an airport shuttle that will also take you around to nearby places (5mi radius, I think), but I would definitely recommend reserving the shuttle well in advance because it's first come first serve. You'll have a decent number of walkable eating options, but unless you have a car, you'll need that shuttle if you need to go anywhere else.

The hotel is very well kept, and the rooms are quite spacious and classy with high ceilings. The beds looked nice and were comfy. I also liked the large alarm clock, which I think is some kind of Wyndham trademark. There are a microwave and refrigerator included in the room. The bathroom is also nice with impressive shower water pressure and Neutrogena toiletries.

The continental breakfast in the AM is great! In addition to the traditional starchy continental breakfast fare, they also have hot eggs and bacon. Plus, they have this an awesome waffle maker that makes waffles in the shape of TX. Genius!

Lastly, the hotel was nice enough to give me a short extension on checkout because I was running a race that morning. I was quite impressed by this hotel and would look for this hotel brand again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank interviewtraveler
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed March 25, 2010

I visit the DFW area (from Europe) on business and pleasure about twice a year for the past 10 years. I've finally found a hotel that has everything I thing I need to support both the work and pleasure aspect of my time in the area.

a well-maintained hot breakfast buffet (no fruit); spotless rooms, comfortable beds; Neutrogena bathroom amenitties; ini-room safe; microwave & mini-frige in the room; free business center, roomy and modern fitness center; located near shopping & dining; and professional staff (desk, housekeeping, maintenance, & breakfast bar).

It's the real-deal for travelers seeking excellent quality for the price !!

The hotel is listed as near DFW airport. It isn't in the immediate vicinity, but is only about 10 miles away, on the Dallas-side. 10 miles isn't very far, in terms of Texas mileage. THE GOOD NEWS: they offer a DFW shuttle service and the hotel has an Avis car rental office on site. Save the extra 1-2 days of car rental and get airport-to-hotel-to-airport shuttle service.

Thank you very much to the team at Wingate, Las Colinas !!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Toronto
Reviewed February 22, 2010

I couldn't have asked for a better place to rest up for the NBA All-Star Weekend. The rooms were very clean and comfy with all the amenities I could have hoped for. The rooms were spacious, bathrooms clean, plenty of towels provided and the mini-fridge and coffee makers were nice touches as was the free wi-fi set up. Breakfast was complimentary. I expected danishes, croissants and coffee but was delightfully surprised with waffles, cereals, oatmeal bagels and such.

The location is away from it all but the number of fast food restaurants nearby was helpful when you come back so late at nite from all the festivities. A car is a definate must.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Midwest
Reviewed January 24, 2010

first...my company...which uses a corp credit card for visits has never been contacted by the mgr regarding a rate...even while there this week...he could never be 'found' when i inquired...second...when i checked in...to my utter amazement...the bathtub had a used bar of soap...shampoo and 'other' toiletries left in it...i cleaned it myself...but a fresh floor towel was folded over the basin...hmmm...third...and most important...i contacted the gal at front desk 3 times regarding a time/sensitive fax my company sent...we checked and a valid fax confirmation HAD been received...this didn't seem to impress her much...or even get her off the phone to a friend...the cost to my company was incalculable...as these faxes had contact info that was my reason for being in dallas to begin with...heres the kicker...before i left...i inquired at the desk of another employee regarding the transmissions...he walked over to the fax machine...looked through the faxes...proceeded to hand them to me and said..."yeah, they have been here since the other night when they were originally sent"...i stopped down the street at a neighboring property...exact amenities...and they were thrilled to file my credit card and give me a rate when i visit dallas...i can bet i won't hear from kundip on this...and thats a shame...

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed November 10, 2009

This hotel is very clean and we really enjoyed our stay. Rooms are fairly priced and the staff is very friendly. They accomodated to all of our needs. I will definitely come back for another stay. Very conveniently located next to the airport!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends