We recently stayed and were mostly impressed by this location. The hotel was showing some wear and tear, but it was fine for the price point. If I wanted sparkling, I'd book a 4 star and pay three times as much. The location was easy to get to and centrally located, though it is a drive to restaurants if you need food, so best to have a car. Neighborhood seemed nice and safe. Check-in was easy and the staff were friendly. We got a first-floor room so I can't speak to the other floors, but even ours was nice and quiet. The hallways were brightly lit and clearly marked so it was easy to find everything. The room itself was clean and functional, the furniture was like the rest of the hotel - showing its age, but in fine repair. I liked the super tall ceilings! It made the room feel much bigger.
The beds were moderately comfortable, though we're used to a thicker top and less bounce at home, but I've also slept on worse and I DID sleep so that's a plus. The bathroom was well-lit, though kind of small. It was almost impossible to get the door shut while sitting on the toilet and you had to turn to accomplish it. I can't imagine two people in it at a time. Provided toiletries were nice (Neutrogena) and towels were absorbent and a nice size and there were plenty of them. Water pressure was pretty good, though a little weak when using the massaging shower head (which was nice on sore muscles) and the tub itself was kind of worn and dinged, but super clean. TV was big and newer and swiveled back and forth so you could position it to be seen from all over the room. I liked the armchair and ottoman, it was nice to come back and put my feet up after tromping all over the zoo all day.
The only complaint about the room itself is that there was a down mattress topper on mine and though I'm not allergic, my partner is and I was thankful she got the synthetic one. Pillows are easy to get rid of, but there's no warning on the mattress topper and it would be easy not to realize it and trigger the allergy. A/C was fine, though the little hood to redirect it into the room was a little tacky looking and it made navigating around the second bed tricky.
We did have the breakfast once and it wasn't half bad. Everything was bland, but easily fixed with some salt and pepper and we really enjoyed the juice and biscuits. There was even a waffle maker, but we didn't try it out. They seemed to run out quickly and it got restocked, but probably not as quickly as some people would have liked. All-in-all though it was a good cheap breakfast and about what I expected for free.
Overall we would stay again if we were on a budget. We're easy to please for the most part, but we do like things a little more upscale in our accommodations so we probably won't stay regularly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are built for business and so much more! Our hotel features oversized rooms, free wireless internet, free business center with print/scan/copy/fax capabilities, and an expanded free breakfast. Our shuttle runs a 3-mile radius of the hotel. After a long day of business, enjoy our well-appointed renovated guest rooms and enjoy the new bedding package.58 We are located in Las Colinas, an upscale suburb of Irving. Avis rental desk on-site with 25% savings over airport rentals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wingate By Wyndham Las Colinas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wingate By Wyndham Las Colinas Hotel Irving
- Wingate Irving Las Colinas
- Wyndham Irving
- Irving Wyndham