New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Wingate by Wyndham Las Colinas
Ranked #9 of 78 Hotels in Irving
GreenLeadersBronze level
Seattle, Washington
“You know you're in Texas when everyone is happy to see you”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

I'm a native Texan from the area and came back for a business meeting requiring an overnight stay. I immediately noticed how friendly and helpful the staff was--when I discovered in dismay that the second floor vending machine was out of Diet Coke, they not only directed me to the third floor vending machine but also tracked down a Diet Coke from the employee break room!

The shuttle drivers are friendly and love engaging in conversation, making a boring business trip a bit more cheery. It's nice to visit a place where people seem interested in your story; this felt more like a B&B than a chain hotel for that reason.

A few drawbacks: there is only one restaurant within walking distance of the hotel (Benihana), so you'll need to ask the shuttle driver to drop you and pick you up if you want to eat elsewhere (which they are happy to do). On the bright side, there are a zillion restaurants within a few miles, and the drivers will take you anywhere within a three-mile radius of the hotel. I even witnessed their picking guests up from Target, where they'd been let off to do some shopping.

Another few bumps: the alarm clock in my room had been set for 6:00 AM, which was 4:00 AM my time. That was an unpleasant surprise! Be sure the cleaning staff has cleared out any alarms on your clock. Also, no pool, but there is an LA Fitness across the street.

Room Tip: Executive suites with hot tubs in the room are available
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Ardmore, OK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

We took a weekend getaway to celebrate New Year's and were very happy with the accommodations and the friendliness of the staff during our stay. I feel in love with the wall color and the General Manager was kind enough to research it for me. Will stay there again in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Monterrey, Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

Do not stay at this hotel. I stayed there for 6 days sharing a room with my 2 brothers and a cousin and the 4 of us got infected with fleas. My first impression of the hotel was good, their staff is very friendly and helpful. My second night there I started itching and noticing hives in my arms and legs. After that, my two brothers and cousin started having the same reaction. We went to a doctor when we got back home and were diagnosed with flea infection, which we all got from this hotel.

In addition, there was a cockroach in our bathroom which I had to kill and clean myself since I reported it and nobody showed up. They have a policy in which they don't clean your room unless you leave before noon.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

We were in Dallas for the Oklahoma State University bowl game. Felix Hernandez and his staff were great! We celebrated New Years Eve watching college sports in the common area with our own food and beverages. After the game on January 1, James took our group to Mi Cocina (recommended by the front desk) and then came back to pick us up. Thank you, Wingate, for everything!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
VALLE DE VASCONCELOS SAN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

I like the hotel, the staff is very friendly and nice and they went out of the way to make my stay a pleasant one. However, they do not clean your room nor change the towels if you don't leave before 12 pm which I hated. I was there to visit my brother and we went out at night, which meant my room wasn't cleaned for most of my time. This is the first time ever I stayed in a hotel with this kind of policy and this is something that would make me think twice before staying here again. Also, there was a cockroach in my bathroom, which I killed and reported to have it cleaned but never happened. I had to pick it up with a tissue and throw it myself in the garbage can.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

GARDEN CITY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

I was stranded at the airport on Christmas Day and was referred to Wimngate by the airline. James came and picked me up at the airport. Thank you so much!! I hadn't had any dinner for Christmas. The desk clerk was so gracious and gave me a yogart, a banana, and an orange. Not the Christmas dinner I had expected, but I am so grateful for her kindness. DEFINATELY WOULD RECOMMEND STAYING HERE!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

CINCINNATI
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

Our first room was dirty and the maid hadn't cleaned it, second was better. Location was decent for business but the hotel was essentiall empty. I booked through a travel website so they denied me any rewards credit despite staying at the chain 20+ nights this year. Also, breakfast Christmas Eve was shut down early and we weren't told that in advance. I won't go back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family