“Loved the Deluxe Extended Stay”

Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Green Park Dr.
Ranked #51 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Port Arthur, TX
“Loved the Deluxe Extended Stay”
Reviewed October 20, 2008

The stay was absolutely fabulous. When we arrived we were greeted by a nice and friendly staff. They personally gave us the grand tour of the hotel.

Once we checked into our rooms we were so excited. It looked like a condo inside. The rooms were very spacious, the amenities were full size, and the bed was extremely comfortable. We stayed for seven days.

The cleaning staff were friendly, caring, and prideful. The rooms were also clean from top to bottom. The hotel staff were very knowledgeable, and were able to send us to malls, eatting places, local parks, and other entertainment locations.

I will definitely advise anyone to experience this chain of hotels. You will not be dissappointed.

• Liked — The size of the rooms, and the prompt service if you needed anything.
  • Disliked — It was hard to work the DVD's in the rooms.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
United Kingdom
Reviewed February 24, 2008

I had requested a smoking room and telephoned once and emailed twice to ensure this. On my arrival, the receptionest at the hotel had no knowledge of this and told me I would have to change rooms the following day as my new room would not be cleaned and ready until in the mornng. So after a 10-hour flight from England, I couldn't even unpack.

On the morning of the second day, I was told the new room would not be available until after 12.00. As I had flown in from England to see my family, I was a bit upset as this was taking time away from seeing them.

When it came time to move rooms, I requested assistance as the new room was in another building but was told no one was available and I would have to do it myself. I was given a luggage cart but for a 61 year old woman, this was a very difficult task for me. I was surprised at the cost of the room that there were no porters to assist the customers. In fact, there were no porters at all just maintenance men.

The room was not furnished as described on the their website as it was missing a recliner. I was told this was the design in one of their other properties even though there was no indication of this on their website.

The phone had to be changed four times and I was continually missing messages.

One morning, the fire alarm rang. I went downstairs to find the staff running about not knowing what to do. When I asked a member of staff why they weren't getting the people out of their rooms, she said " I don't know why they aren't coming out of their rooms". Thankfully, it wasn't a real emergency but if it had been, I wonder what would have been done to ensure their customers' safety.

The room was supposed to be cleaned once weekly as I was staying three weeks. I arrived on a Monday and the following Monday I asked when my room was going to be cleaned. I was told I was scheduled for the following Friday. As I did not consider this once a week cleaning, I complained and finally on Wednesday I got my room cleaned.

Despite the above difficulties, the bed was very comfortable and the kitchen facilities were adequate. The hotel is also conveniently located although a rental car is definitely required for the location.

I would say my dissatisfaction with the hotel mainly centred around either the lack of training or lack of experience with the hotel staff in dealing with customer satisfaction and/or complaints.

After my stay, I did write an email letter of complaint. I did get a response back from the manager who said she was sorry I had been dissatisfied and hoped I would stay there again. However, she did not address any of my complaints which I felt she should have been concerned about.

I like the concept of extended stay properties as I live in England and come over for three weeks once a year but I would not consider staying in this property again.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Hotel staff's lack of customer service skills.
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
Travelers also viewed these Irving hotels
Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Meadow Creek Dr.
Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Carnaby St.
Candlewood Suites Dallas, Las Colinas
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Las Colinas
Hampton Inn Dallas - Irving - Las Colinas
Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas

Been to Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Green Park Dr.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Green Park Dr.

Property: Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Green Park Dr.
Address: 5401 Green Park Dr, Irving, TX 75038-6924 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)
Location: United States > Texas > Irving
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool
Ranked #51 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Green Park Dr. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Green Park Dr. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Dallas Las Colinas Hotel Irving