Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas at Las Colinas
Ranked #2 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Southern California
“Impressive”
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at the Four Seasons Las Colinas on numerous occasions dating back to the mid to late 1980s. It is one of the finest establishments I have had the pleasure of visiting and staying at over the course of my career. The staff is professional and well trained. The food is excellent. The conference facilities are well organized. The sports complex is a welcome outlet after a long day of meetings. The service is impeccable. I once hung my dress shoes on the door knob for overnight polishing and they did not come back. After a search, the hotel staff had their driver take me to the nearest mall to buy a replacement pair. They reimbursed me, no questions asked. I was impressed then, and remain impressed with their operation.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
FourSeasonsDallas, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas at Las Colinas, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear TravelForever58,
Wow, how can we thank you for such a wonderful review? Your kind words mean so much, especially to the staff who work so hard to provide the best service possible. I hate to hear about the lost dress shoes, but am so happy that we were able to redeem the loss with a new shiny pair! Again, thank you for your kind review of our property. We hope to welcome you back very soon. Let us know how we can help you!

vail.tolbert@fourseasons.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We booked this Four Seasons over the Thanksgiving break for a short getaway, and while the hotel had mostly the usual high standards of cleanliness and efficiency, we were not pleased with the room assignment. Upon check in, we were advised to upgrade ourselves to a larger room configuration, which we agreed to for a fee (at some other hotels, such "suggested" upgrades were free and out of goodwill). We were assigned to a second floor room overlooking the green of the 18th hole. Here is my problem with it: this appeared to be a handicap-access room, with rails in the bathroom and a lower peephole on the front door, which was firstly not what I would have booked because I really personally don't like having the handicap rails in the room which remind me of hospital stays. Secondly, despite this being a handicap-access room, it was in the top of a flight of stairs, with only a service elevator in the back of the building INSIDE the staff service/ laundry area!! The one time we actually found this rather hidden horrid elevator we had to squeeze past a large laundry cart in the corridor overflowing with dirty guest towels...To get the stroller upstairs (and we clearly had 2 young children, one of whom is still using a large stroller), we ended up having to drag it up and down the stairs. Additionally, there seemed to be no cabinetry under the sinks in the bathroom (is this because it is a handicap room??). Our view when taking a bath was of ugly rusty, dirty water pipes under the sinks.

Breakfast was good but lacked variety after a couple of days. The sport complex was great. Rooms were overall comfortable. The restaurant was unstaffed (no hostess) for some time when we tried to get dinner the second night. She had apparently stepped away (it was 6pm) for what seemed to be a rather long time....

A strange un-luxurious feel to the room, but an otherwise peaceful hotel with the otherwise usual service standards of a Four Seasons.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Globaltattler
P_Pollak, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas at Las Colinas, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear Globaltattler,

Thank you sharing your recent experience with us. While I am happy to hear that you found the Resort to be highly efficient, clean and comfortable, I am very sorry that the room assignment was not to your liking.

In retrospect, we should have done a better a job of advising you that particular feature on the room you got. Indeed, Villa rooms are more spacious and better suited for families, but I can understand that the particular set up of the handicap room was not the best option for you. Please accept my most sincere apologies for that and rest assured that we can use your feedback to improve.

I do hope that this particular room allocation and experience will not set you back permanently and that you will be able to give us another chance in the future. We do have several other types of rooms and I am sure we can find something that will be better suited. In such case, please don't hesitate to contact me, I will be more than happy to personally set your reservation up.

Thank you once again and happy holidays.

Patrick Pollak
Resort Manager
patrick.pollak@fourseasons.com
Southlake, Texas
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Most incredible staff I have ever had in a hotel. From check in, valets, in room dining, bar, spa and checkout, the staff rocked. The personal level of service is incredible, from calling you by name when they see you to having your favorite drink ready as you walk up to the bar. Absolutely incredible.

Room Tip: Stay on the golf course if you can secure a room.
Dear Don Q,
What a pleasure it was to read your glowing review of our hotel. I have passed your kind words about our staff along to the appropriate parties, as they will be delighted to hear they gave you a wonderful experience! Let us know when you plan to come visit us again so we can have that favorite drink ready for you... Happy holidays from Four Seasons Dallas!

Zagreb, Croatia
Reviewed November 28, 2013

It was my first stay in Four Seasons Las Collinas for the sole purpose of playing the TPC course. This was the reason of extending my stay in Dallas for extra two days of golf package.
The bad thing that I found out was that the course was being closed for maintenance until the day of our checkout. However, an early tee time was arranged.
We played the Cottonwood course the day before, only to find out that the weather forecast for next day was horrible, and that we would not be able to play the TPC as scheduled because they would not open the course. Taking the trip over from Europe, and extending the stay just to play TPC made us feel awful. But the great staff had the solution. They offered ud to play the TPC the very same day as only 2 players on the course!!! In addition, they stripped the golf part from our reservation for the last day.
That was really something!!!
Other than that, the room and other facilities of the hotel were clean, in great shape.
The whole staff was helpful, attentive and overall nice.
They are even shipping over a golf club I ordered to be delivered at the hotel that was misplaced...
Overall a great STAY and experience!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear docdun 1,
First, let me extend my gratitude that you chose to stay at Four Seasons Dallas. We certainly appreciate your business, knowing you have many hotel options. Second, our sincerest apologies that the golf course maintenance scheduled altered your original plans. We aim to have the highest quality playing conditions on both of our golf courses year round, which calls for scheduled maintenance throughout the year. I am so glad that the staff was able to accommodate your plans to play both courses during your stay. Their goal is to make sure you have the best experience possible, and I am happy they succeeded with you. Thank you for your kind review about your overall stay...we appreciate it! Have a great holiday season!

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed November 26, 2013

This is my second time staying at the Four Seasons for business. The business rate was exceptional for hotel of his quality and location. We also hosted a client for dinner at the restaurant. The food and service was very good with the privacy in the restaurant to have a business discussion. The amenities and attention to detail with the staff was very pleasant. Our rooms were in the building off the main hotel so shuttle service was provided.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
FourSeasonsDallas, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas at Las Colinas, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Ed M,
On behalf of the Four Seasons Dallas staff, thank you so much for your kind review of our property after your recent visit. I am so glad you have a memorable stay during your business trip. I hope you enjoyed staying in the villas surrounding the golf course - they are very peaceful! Hopefully, we can welcome you back very soon. In the meantime, have a great holiday season!

Warmest regards,
Vail

Four Season Resort and Club
Bellevue
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We stayed at the Four Seasons Resort for a wedding weekend, at a very special price, providing extraordinary value and an exceptional overall experience. From the moment you arrive, service is king! Everyone is so pleasant and welcoming, and every request is attended to with very special care. I love the fact that, when you check in too early, they take your phone number and text you when your room is ready. Nice touch! The rooms are good size, we loved the views of the golf course and beyond. Room amenities are exceptional, the beds were very comfortable, turn down service was provided nightly, and on and on....everything was just perfect.

If we could get a similar rate again, we would definitely stay here again and again. Maybe during the hot summer it's possible.

Room Tip: Ask for a high level room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
FourSeasonsDallas, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas at Las Colinas, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear mshbnyehud,
Thank you so much for the kind words in your recent review. We definitely pride ourselves in providing the best service to our guests, so we very much appreciate you pointing that out as a highlight of your stay. Our sincerest apologies that your room was not available when you checked in early, however so glad that we could notify you quickly with our text messaging service! We do hope you come back soon, and would be happy to assist you in any way. Have a great holiday season!

Four Seasons Resort and Club
Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed November 23, 2013

There is nothing wrong with this resort at all, except one small thing. If you request a standard room with a balcony overlooking the Cottonwood golf links you must bring your own chair to sit outside on the balcony. Our visit was on a 75 - 85 degree weekend and I had to sit on the concrete to enjoy the view and drink my morning coffee. Not up to Four Seasons standards. A guest having to sit on the concrete! Not good. It doesn't take much to purchase an inexpensive folding chair and sit it next to the balcony door for those who may want to cherish the view and be comfortable at the same time. Otherwise, the spa, the workout faciility and the pool options along with the food was fantastic!!!!!!!! Attentive staff all the way around.

Room Tip: The noise level from the busy street (MacArthur) is ok, but I would have preferred a room at the end...
Dear Michele N,

Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions from your recent visit. I am delighted to hear that you found our staff to be up to your expectations and attentive. I am also glad to read that you enjoyed the food, the Spa and some of our other recreational facilities.

You do bring an interesting point in regards to the chair. The balconies we have are meant to be step out balconies rather than sitting ones due to the reduced space, but we will certainly analyze the possibility of having appropriate chairs that can be provided upon request.

Once more, thank you for your comments and I hope you can visit us back in the near future.

Best regards and happy holidays.

Patrick Pollak
Resort Manager
patrick.pollak@fourseasons.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Downtown Dallas
Oak Lawn
Hotel ZaZa Dallas
Hotel ZaZa Dallas
#3 of 203 in Dallas

Been to Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas at Las Colinas? Share your experiences!