“Incredible hotel with an incredible staff.”

Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas at Las Colinas
Ranked #1 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed October 8, 2011

Every year, at several occasions, my company organizes training sessions and conferences at the Four Seasons Resort. I was invited to take part of the session that took place this past March.
I was pleasantly surprised by all aspects of this resort: the amenities, the luxurious decoration, the friendly staff, and the incredible service.
Amenities: The Spa and the different pools offer a great way to relax. The gym also surpassed my expectations. I was expecting a small hotel gym, but instead found a full-size gym with more equipment than my usual gym. I was also impressed by the many indoor tennis/squash courts and golf course.
Staff: I have never been served by such a courteous and nice staff. They were always polite, answered my requests quickly and efficiently and even polished my shoes overnight! I arrived a bit early on the first day, so my room was not ready yet, but they accepted to watch over my luggage and gave me access to the Spa and other facilities while I waited for my room to be ready.
I have another business trip planned in December, and I look forward to taking a few days off to enjoy this resort. I definitely recommend the Four Seasons to any couple, family or for business purposes.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed October 6, 2011

Underwhelming experience for the money. I was here for a conference so I didn't choose the hotel, but I wouldn't stay here again. The room was ok, but unless you are a golfer it isn't worth staying at this hotel. You will need to drive to get anywhere. I couldn't get a spa appointment. The gym was mediocre. Just a big disappointment. Except for room service folks, whom were very nice, the staff were disconnected and really didn't go the extra mile, and for the star rating I'd expect more.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 5, 2011

My wife and I checked into the Four Seasons Las Colinas for a 1-night relaxation mini-vacation. We had booked a Villa bedroom, and were upgraded on arrival to a Villa Suite (thank you, AMEX Fine Hotels program!). After a quick golf cart ride, we were wowed by the space and light, open feel of the suite. 3 different porches (this came in handy when we had a room service breakfast the next morning and were able to pick the south-facing porch instead of either of the 2 east facing porches). Deep soaking tub, marble shower, marble flooring and new (or at least well-kept) carpet, powder bath, sofa and chairs, really big flat-screen TV, and a dining table. All the luxuries of home but better because you're on vacation! Bed linens were very nice, bed was comfortable, and the room was among the nicest we've ever had - just very, very easy to relax in. (For frame of reference, we do travel several times each year and are usually fortunate enough to stay in nice resorts.)

The spa was quite nice, with sauna, steam, jacuzzi/hot tub, cold plunge, 3 showers, a quiet room, a private spa pool (in addition to the huge pool complex for hotel guests), an adequate number of lockers, 1 or 2 attendants on duty at all times, etc. My 80-minute swedish massage was good, and my wife raved about her 80-minute aromatherapy massage. So high marks for the spa.

Food was overall very good. A slight mixup happened when I had booked a champagne tea at my wife's request (not so much my thing, but hey, this getaway was about her). When we got to the table, they had set up the regular (read: lesser) tea menu, so none of the promised canapes with caviar or goat cheese. They were happy to pour us some champagne after I pointed it out, but they couldn't do much about the menu. Oh well - not a huge deal, just a slight disappointment. Dinner that evening was overall very good. It's a nice resort atmosphere - definitely not stuffy (although men wear a jacket in the evenings), and we had an excellent waiter with an effusive personality who helped us enjoy ourselves. Very good appetizers (especially the fried deviled eggs - yes, you read that right). Good salads, and that night's special, the bone-in filet, was just wonderful. My mouth just started watering while remembering it. My wife's venison chop had potential (good sauce, well-cooked), but it was so tough a cut of meat that we left at least 2/3 of it sitting on the plate. Chewing it was a workout for our jaws. All that said, it was a lovely meal, and fortunately we had ordered enough that we weren't left feeling hungry in the least despite the one misstep. Breakfast (room service) was well-presented and right on time with their estimate (35 minutes). Pretty standard fare here, though the cafe lattes stood out as being quite nice. Nothing exciting, but everything about as you'd expect.

So the verdict is that we will definitely be returning. They also supposedly have a great kids' area (though we didn't get to explore it this time), and we may bring the little guys with us for our next visit. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: We loved the villas for the extra privacy and the balconies, as well as the open feel. The Villa su...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2011

My Husband and I took our 11 year old son and his buddy about 10 miles away from home to the 4S in our hometown for a night of swimming, room service and fun. We were upgraded to a villa room on the golf course which was very large and comfortable. Typical 4S excellence. We are BIG fans of the 4S chain and stay with them whenever we can.

We love the pool area at this hotel . It's beautifully landscaped and large. It is very well staffed and the pool menu is very nice. Te entrance to the spa is right off the pool area, so we like to make a spa appointment as part of a day by the pool.

I will say that we ordered room service twice and the service was TERRIBLE. My Husband orderd a bagel and they forgot te cream cheese and took 30 minutes to bring it. It took so long to get our dinner we had to call twice. There was no apology and the server was actually quite rude to us when we complained about how long it took.

Overall, we love this hotel and had an absolutely wonderful staycation. Give it a try!

This 4S is located quite a ways out of the city center and not far from the DFW airport. If you have business in the Las Colinas part of Dallas (actually the City of Irving), there is no better place to stay. If your business is in Dallas proper, you'll need a car and the commute to downtown is atleast 20-30 minutes in traffic.

Room Tip: Villas are the way to go.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
P_Pollak, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas at Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your past experience with us. We appreciate your support of the Four Seasons brand and I am happy to learn that you found the Villa room to your liking. I am glad as well to see that you enjoy our Resort Pool area and the Spa.

On the other hand, please accept my most sincere apologies for the less than standard experience you went through with In-Room Dining. As a frequent Four Seasons user you know what to expect and it was clear that we did not provide that. Rest assured I will be following up personally with the team in order to correct the issues you mentioned.

Thank you again for your candid feedback and please do not hesitate to contact me should you need anything in the future.
Best regards,

Patrick Pollak
Resort Manager
patrick.pollak@fourseasons.com

Reviewed September 23, 2011

The for seasons resort is a very peaceful and beautiful property, if you stay at the villas that is. You can sometimes see rabbits walking around the resort. The villas next to the golf are the best ones to get in the resort. The main room isn't that bad but the villas are better and more peaceful. The resort has plenty of activities. They have two pools one is the resort pool for relaxing and one is a family pool for younger kids. They also have a very beautiful golf course. They have a top notch exercise room, they have indoor and outdoor tennis courts and a racquetball court.

Room Tip: If you are bringing a family get a large room.the villas are slot more peaceful.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Kelp789
Reviewed September 22, 2011

Frequent visitor to this hotel. Never been disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Stayed here with my wife for three nights over a recent Dallas visit. Great overall property. I was here ten years ago, but it looks very fresh and updated. SUggestion for others -- if possible, stay in one of the Villas.

Room Tip: Ask for the Villas
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Oak Lawn
The Ritz-Carlton, Dallas
Oak Lawn
Hotel ZaZa Dallas
Hotel ZaZa Dallas
#2 of 206 in Dallas
Grand Hyatt DFW
#1 of 206 in Dallas

Been to Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas at Las Colinas? Share your experiences!