“Convenient to the airport, good airport shuttle service, okay overall”

Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport North/Irving
Ranked #25 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed November 16, 2008

Average Courtyard (relative to other Courtyards). This hotel is very convenient to the airport and from the freeway. The rooms are okay - comfortable beds and LCD TV's but the carpets are worn and the bathrooms have not been updated. However, the rooms are clean which is important.

There's a breakfast area downstairs that also serves dinner. Coffee's generally available. They also have a very convenient shuttle to/from the airport and to/from some of the companies nearby.

If you need a place near the airport, this is not a bad choice. All in all, it has conveniences that make staying here worthwhile.

• Stayed: November 2008

Reviewed November 6, 2008

We just recently had a 3-month training class at this hotel and they were OUTSTANDING!! The service was super friendly and each week I arrived the hotel, room and meeting rooms were spotless! From planning my meeting with their sales team to checking out each Fri and returning the following Mon for another training group I was amazed how perfect a 3-month training class could go!

We will for sure stay and hold our future meeting at this hotel when in the DFW area!

~Happy meeting planner

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed March 14, 2008

I favor Courtyards and Marriott's in general though I am not brand loyal so I stay in a lot of different ones when I can.

This is the standard older Courtyard. It has new carpet, and new Marriott bedding and the new LCD TV's (with inputs which is nice, but no HD), but it does not have the new hard furniture (which I think adds a lot to the look) and it does not have a remodeled bathroom. This Courtyard does have a restaurant and room service (not the norm- most only serve breakfast). The price appears average for the market and it is located fairly close to the airport and Grapevine Mills -- however it is located in a business area so I think it is best for business travelers. Those looking for a pleasure location might want to look elsewhere....

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed February 25, 2008

The hotel itself is nice, but they have a high occurrence of break-ins in cars parked in their lot. I had a red-eye flight and was only going to be at the hotel for a couple of hours after a long night at work opening a new store. So, I left my suitcase in the trunk of my rental Toyota 4-Runner and just brought in the things I needed for that night. When I came out early in the morning, the back window of the SUV was smashed out and my bags were gone! Three other cars in the parking lot were also smashed into and had items stolen. Stay here, but park in front and do NOT leave ANYTHING in the car.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed October 22, 2007

A friend and I went to Dallas for a Cowboy game. We wanted to stay near the airport for our Monday am flight and chose this hotel. The hotel was fine. Standard accomodation. It really didn't have anything to make it stand out. It's buried in business park land so you need to drive 3-5 miles for any dining options. The breakfast was included in our rate but we needed to leave for the airport before they were ready to serve. We had a ground floor room and didn't hear any planes even though we were in the direct landing pathway of the airport. The A/C was very noisy and woke me up at one point. I could stay here again if I needed a close room but I'd probably try some other properties on the south side of the airport first.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 28, 2007

After getting stuck at DFW Airport, I called to get a room here. They quickly picked me up in their shuttle van, checked me in, and provided a great experience.

Room service was delivered promptly and accurately, amenities like Internet were free and great. And when I did not have a cell phone charger and my phone was dying, a member of the staff lent me their personal charger.

The hotel is very clean, and their shuttle service is convenient. It is out in the middle of an industrial park though, so I wouldn't stay here unless you are going to the airport the next morning.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed September 15, 2006

The way the reviews go on and on about this Hotel I expected a lot more..I saw no ice cream..and the staff was just ok,

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Best Western Plus DFW Airport Suites
Homewood Suites by Hilton Irving - DFW Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North
Comfort Suites DFW N/Grapevine
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites-DFW North
Courtyard by Marriott Dallas DFW Airport North/Grapevine

Been to Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport North/Irving? Share your experiences!