“Short layover/overnighter”

Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport North/Irving
Ranked #23 of 79 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed March 30, 2014

This is a nice option if you need to stay over at DFW. For the price, it perhaps even deserves an excellent / 5-level rating. Rooms are reasonably spacious, have a modern design/look, and there is a nice little lobby with a Bistro. We will opt to stay here again if we need to overnight near DFW airport.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Roman D, Manager at Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport North/Irving, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Hello Joan H!

We appreciate you taking the time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Courtyard by Marriott DFW North/Irving. Thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed March 22, 2014

The facility is very nice and up to Marriott standards. We got a room by the elevator and we might as well have just slept at the airport. Between the elevator, ice machine and hvac that sounded like a freight train in the room, sleep was not easy. We waited for well over an hour for the shuttle bus at the airport. When the driver finally got there, he made no apology, only excuses. That continued with the check-in when further dismay was expressed about the waitt for the shuttle. Very disappointing and not at all what we have ever been treated like at a Courtyard before.

• Stayed: March 2014
Roman D, Manager at Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport North/Irving, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear ShellyDeV,

I appreciate you taking the time to post your feedback here. Firstly, I apologize for the areas that we fell below par, especially in the realm of guest service. We do pride ourselves in our ability to consistantly provide top-notch service. I assure you that your experience was indeed a rarity. I will address this issue with my staff and remind them that this is not how we treat our guests.

In terms of the room location. I implur you to reach out to the front desk when saying at any hotel, if the room location is not satisfactory. Most of the time we are able to accomodate a room transfer. That being said, I do undertsand that you most likely did not have the utmost confidence in our staff considering your first impression. I would also suggest that you ask for the manager's card in these situations. If you reach out directly, most managers will respond quickly and with a solution or compensation.

I hope we have another opportunity to serve you and show you what we are capable of. If you have any further concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at the hotel.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Great property, customer service and breakfast. Property is convienant to airport and other good restaurants / attractions in surrounding areas. Highly recommend in my opinion. The front desk personnel are exceptional.

Room Tip: Get a corner balcony if possible
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Roman D, Manager at Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport North/Irving, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Dear Mark M,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to post your positive feedback. I have passed your kind words along to my staff. We look forward to serving you again in the future but if there is anything we can do to assist you in the meantime, just let us know.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

This hotel is nice remodel, except if you want a good sleep , you have to turn off the fan on the ac unit. it sounds like a train running all night long. I stay in room 302, but I don't know how is noise in the other room. it does not has central air.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
HotelManager972, Manager at Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport North/Irving, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Hi Winsir,

We really appreciate you taking the time out of your day to submit your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize that you didn’t get a very good sleep due to the ac unit running all night. The ac unit shouldn’t be that loud so I thank you for providing the room number and I will have my Engineer check that one. Thank you so much for your constructive feedback and we hope to see you again to give us a second chance.

Thank you!!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

My husband and I stayed there yesterday because we were snowed in at the airport.
We got stranded after a flight cancellation, The drive home would have only been three hours but we couldn't even find a rental car. We went to the Expedia website and got a king size room for an affordable price. Our bags we're not retrievable at the airport and the front desk clerk loaded us up with disposables.

The hotel is in the midst of an extensive remodel. I could tell that we were one of the first to stay in the room. Everything was VERY clean. The décor is very nice. Even the carpet smelled new!

Downside: There is no place close to eat/drink in relation to the hotel. I ordered a bucket of domestic beers (it was on special 4 for $15). My husband on the other hand ordered a double scotch and it was over $20!

The sitting areas in the lobby are nice. The are situated well and gives you privacy while still having an open feeling to it.

We discovered this morning that we are stuck in Dallas for another day. The front desk staff said that they were full up but to check back at 11 to see if anyone had cancelled their reservations. When we checked back, she said that there were rooms available and the girl said to go to Expedia to reserve and we could get the room for the same price we paid last night ($95) I went to Expedia and they wanted ($224 for a room with 2 double beds!!) Way more than the $169 that you get charged through Marriott!! Unfortunately we were not quick enough to secure a room at this hotel again so we booked elsewhere.

When we went to check out we asked the staff about getting a taxi to the other hotel we are staying at now. The gentleman that drives the shuttle gave us a ride to our new room and it wasn't even another Marriott!!

Love to be treated like a person.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Roman D, Manager at Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport North/Irving, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Hello Cenzenauer,

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such positive feedback! Everything we do is aimed towards making our guests' stay as comfortable and inviting as possible. We are glad you enjoyed your unexpected stay with us and we hope we have another opportunity to serve you and your family in the future.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

This is a standard Courtyard property except it is right in line with the Take Off runway, meaning your hearing a jet right over you every 60 seconds. They are going through a remodel right now as well.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
HotelManager972, Manager at Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport North/Irving, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Hi 2MMmiler,

We really appreciate you taking the time to submit your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I do apologize for the inconvenience you encountered. We are an airport property and airport noise is a continuing factor; however, we do our best to fulfill request for guest who are sensitive to ambient noise. These requests could include a low floor, or perhaps a Sleep Sound Therapy System, which helps you sleep and relax easier by using natural sounds to block out distracting noises. We really hope you have another opportunity to stay with us. Please be sure to let our front desk know about any specific needs you have during your stay.

Thank you!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

This is an older Courtyard that hasn't been updated yet. The lobby has been updated, but not the rooms. The carpets are still those horrible dark blue ones, and the bath/vanity has not been updated. The bed is low, bedding was grey, dingy and very unappealing. The pillows were lumpy and horrible. I am pretty certain the sheets were not new, the were so wrinkled that I highly suspect they were left from the last visitor. Luckily I had a blanket from the plane that I laid on so I didn't touch the sheets. The night stands are those tiny, cheap things you would see in a motel in the 60's. The clock radio was on the far night stand against the wall, and the night stand was so low, that even with the low bed, you couldn't see the clock from the bed. So of course I thought I'd set the clock on the side of the bed, but they actually had the cord stapled to the night stand so it was completely unusable. The shower had an insert that was poorly installed, so when you stand in the shower the floor is not solid-you can feel it move. I arrived late at night, so was looking forward to sleeping in a bit in the morning. That didn't work because the darkening liner under the curtain was literally shredded, as I found out when the sun came streaming in at sunrise. It looks like they tried to glue the edges back together, but it was almost like slashes all over the curtain. This hotel is in the middle of an industrial park-type area, so there is nowhere close by to go for a meal. The walls are very thin, and I could hear every vehicle outside, vacuum and phone ring.

On a good note, the staff was wonderful, but they just don't make up for old, dingy rooms. I was glad I was only there one night, and won't go back.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
HotelManager972, Manager at Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport North/Irving, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Greetings WJ2011!!!

We appreciate you taking the time to submit your feedback regarding your recent stay here with us. I am sorry to hear that your experience with the room was sub-par. I am excited to announce that we are currently undergoing a full rooms renovation and we should have the entire hotel completed by late February, early March. Everything you mentioned in the room will be replaced and the overall ambiance will be bright and fresh, to match our guest service!! We do appreciate you complimenting our team's service skills and hope that you give us another chance post-renovation.

Yours In Hospitality!!