My husband and I stayed there yesterday because we were snowed in at the airport.
We got stranded after a flight cancellation, The drive home would have only been three hours but we couldn't even find a rental car. We went to the Expedia website and got a king size room for an affordable price. Our bags we're not retrievable at the airport and the front desk clerk loaded us up with disposables.
The hotel is in the midst of an extensive remodel. I could tell that we were one of the first to stay in the room. Everything was VERY clean. The décor is very nice. Even the carpet smelled new!
Downside: There is no place close to eat/drink in relation to the hotel. I ordered a bucket of domestic beers (it was on special 4 for $15). My husband on the other hand ordered a double scotch and it was over $20!
The sitting areas in the lobby are nice. The are situated well and gives you privacy while still having an open feeling to it.
We discovered this morning that we are stuck in Dallas for another day. The front desk staff said that they were full up but to check back at 11 to see if anyone had cancelled their reservations. When we checked back, she said that there were rooms available and the girl said to go to Expedia to reserve and we could get the room for the same price we paid last night ($95) I went to Expedia and they wanted ($224 for a room with 2 double beds!!) Way more than the $169 that you get charged through Marriott!! Unfortunately we were not quick enough to secure a room at this hotel again so we booked elsewhere.
When we went to check out we asked the staff about getting a taxi to the other hotel we are staying at now. The gentleman that drives the shuttle gave us a ride to our new room and it wasn't even another Marriott!!
Love to be treated like a person.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport North is two miles from DFW International Airport and minutes from the Gaylord Convention Center, and Texas Stadium. This pet-friendly hotel offers free shuttle service to and from DFW Airport, complimentary parking, free wireless Internet, onsite breakfast and dinner at the Courtyard café, a cocktail lounge, valet dry-cleaning, onsite laundry facilities, and full service business center. Guest rooms feature luxury bedding, a coffee maker, sofa bed, and large work desk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Marriott, Orbitz, Odigeo, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport North/Irving reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Dfw Airport North / Irving Hotel Irving
- Courtyard Irving
- Courtyard Dfw Airport North
- Irving Courtyard
- Irving Marriott