WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport North/Irving

Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport North/Irving
Ranked #18 of 78 Hotels in Irving
Maryland
“Great Hotel, Friendly Staff, Clean, and Affordable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

As a frequent business traveler, I have high expectations for the locations that I stay when travelling. This Hotel meets them all! Nice rooms that are very clean. Great Shuttle Service to the Airport, Good Food in the restaurant. Very nice open, modern feel to the lobby/restaurant/bar area... PERFECT for a business traveler!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HotelManager972, Manager at Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport North/Irving, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
It is great to hear that we met all your expectations. We are very gracious for your feedback. All the amenities you mentioned above are available for our esteemed guests; it’s great to see that you enjoyed each one of them. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again as you visit the DFW area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Grayslake, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Very good service for an airport hotel. It is not a resort property, but I've been to well known resort properties that had less responsive staffs. Currently undergoing renovations in lobby area (bar and restaurant), but they still kept the area immaculate. Definitely a good place to stay if you are going to stay at the airport at DFW.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HotelManager972, Manager at Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport North/Irving, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
We really appreciate your comment. Our lobby, however, is not under construction. It was remodeled during the Summer of 2011. Thank you for your business and we are here to serve whenever you visit the DFW area.
Dallas/Fort Worth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed overnight to catch an outgoing flight early the next am. Very friendly staff, first class appearance and appointments. Bar pricy, but good variety. Good for parking when going out of town for several days. Easy to get to, easy in/out.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HotelManager972, Manager at Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport North/Irving, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
We truly appreciate your positive feedback. I am glad to see that you are taking advantage of our Park and Fly package, which is conveniently offered with the Park and Fly rate. As you mention, our bar is a full service bar offering a variety of drinks and we try to keep rational prices on our alcoholic beverages. Thank you and we will continue to serve you as you visit the DFW North Courtyard hotel.
Hunstsville, AL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

We were diverted to DFW from Miami on a return international flighrt this week and had to spend the night there and catch a plane out in the morning. While in Miami I phoned 1-800-Marriott and gave them my rewards number and asked for a Courtyard near the airport. I made a reservation at Courtyard by Marriott Airport North in a matter of minutes. Upon arrival at DFW, I called the Courtyard Airport North and was told the shuttle driver would be at the airport in less than 10 minutes. He was there on time. Friendly, loaded our bags, whisked us to the hotel, where we had a smooth check-in and headed straight to our immaculate, quiet room. The next morning we had the full breakfast and then took the shuttle back to the airport with another courteous, friendly shuttle driver. This Courtyard is immaculate, stylish, quiet, convenient, and the staff are courteous, efficient and make you feel welcome. Courtyard by Marriott has become my hotel of choice in the past year. This one exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HotelManager972, Manager at Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport North/Irving, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
We are so very gracious for your positive feedback. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again if you are ever back in the DFW Metroplex.
Edmond, OK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

We received excellent service from the staff at this Courtyard. The receptionist helped find us a room on the ground floor with a patio and where we could walk straight to the pool from our room. The room was clean and had more space than I expected, from reading other reviews. I went with two other girls and there were enough mirrors and bathroom space for us all to be ready at the same time. We loved sitting on the patio right outside our room and being able to walk back and forth from the pool. The pool was great, but there is not a hot tub. The fitness room looked really nice although we didn't use it. For people staying on business I can see how this would be a huge benefit to them. It is a nicer and larger fitness center than most hotels have. The lobby is large and relaxing and you can walk out into a covered patio as well. One night two large groups were able to enjoy the patio and seemed to be having a lot of fun. We brought our own drinks and went out to dinner so I can't speak for the prices or quality of food/drinks.
The hotel is right around the corner from Grapevine Mills, downtown Grapevine, and plenty of restaurants/shopping on MacArthur. A real Starbucks is minutes away on Beltline.
I would have paid more for this hotel. Our price was a huge deal and we were more than impressed.

Room Tip: We asked for a room on the ground floor with a patio facing the pool and we received it. We were up...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Decent airport hotel. Staff was very friendly upon check-in. They have a small market in the lobby where one could purchase sandwiches, snacks, beer, and/or wine. This was very convenient as I arrived at the hotel very late after being delayed and missing my connecting flight. The shuttle had stopped operating (11pm) but the front desk clerk reimbursed me for the taxi ride from the airport. I was also given $12 to use towards breakfast the next AM in their Bistro. The Bistro served coffee and breakfast pastries in the AM.
Rooms were decent and provided a nice bit of sleep. I was here for only a few hours so I did not enjoy any of the hotel's other amenities.
This was a typical Courtyard Marriott but the nice little extras and attentive service at the front desk made an otherwise bad experience tolerable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Waco, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

I'm very familiar with Dallas, however if I can avoid driving at DFW airport I will. My son was leaving to visit his grandparents so I decided to try this Marriott. What a wonderful experience we had. I was expecting to hear planes all night long, but was surprised that you don't here the planes at all unless your outside or complete silence in the room, in which the sound is so faint. All the staff at the front desk were exceptional. I've been to many hotels in my life and they treated us with the up most courtesy I've ever had. All the door personnel and room service were all smiles and took pride in their job. I had no issue giving tips. We will stay here again for sure and I will recommend this hotel to all my friends who need to stay close to DFW airport. Thank you for making our stay very pleasant. I think if I had a complaint because nothing is perfect. The price is a little high for the size room we had. Also the staff at the restaurant were extremely slow when it was not busy at all. Waiting to pay your bill for over 10 minutes when there are only 4 other tables and 2 wait staff was terrible. Not to mention I had to go to the bar to refresh our drinks and finally went back just to pay my bill because we were tired of waiting. The food was very good though. They were friendly and very polite but they should spend more time focusing on the customers needs and stop watching the tv or hanging in the back.

Room Tip: If you are worried about staying so close to airport because of the plane sounds keeping you up all...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate the constructive feedback very much! I am sorry to hear that your experience in the Bistro was not up to par with the Marriott standard. I can assure you that this is not the norm in terms of the feedback we typically receive regarding our restaurant; however, that does not mean that we are perfect. I would be glad to buy you dinner the next time you stay at our hotel. Just reference your TripAdvisor screen name and I will take care of the rest.

I would also like to let you know about the Park & Fly package we typically offer over the weekends. This package includes our Deluxe Guest Room, parking for one car up to 7 days, and transportation to and from DFW Airport. If the package is not available on-line, then we can extent the same service for an additional one-time fee of $20.

Thank you for your busisness!!

Roman D.
972-929-4004 ext 612
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Homewood Suites by Hilton Irving - DFW Airport
The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport
BEST WESTERN PLUS DFW Airport Suites
Home2 Suites by Hilton Irving / DFW Airport North
Hampton Inn and Suites Dallas - DFW Airport North / Grapevine
Element Dallas Fort Worth Airport North

Been to Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport North/Irving? Share your experiences!