“Lovely hotel, very clean, comfy rooms, friendly and helpful staff.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport North/Irving

and 1 more site!
Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport North/Irving
Ranked #22 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Richmond, Canada
“Lovely hotel, very clean, comfy rooms, friendly and helpful staff.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

Another great Marriott Courtyard Hotel. Newly renovated lobby, clean rooms, friendly staff. New comfy bed in our room. The only drawback, there is NOTHING located near this hotel, it is in the middle of a business park. Tons of highway construction in the area made it a pain to actually get to restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

This property is an older property to say the least. I am not quite sure what hotel it was prior to being a Courtyard but it is in need of renovations in the guest rooms. The rooms are clean but the furniture is more or less shoe horned into the rooms. The room I was given has a sliding glass door to the parking lot. Not exactly a great idea when your on the first floor at the back of the property.

Others commented about the road noise. I was on the back side of the property, nearest the highway, and I did not really notice the noise. Then again I was usually exhausted when I returned to the room.

The worst feature of this property is probably the house keeping staff. If you stay here don't plan on sleeping past 8 am. The maids let the doors slam and completely disregard the DnD sign. Not my idea of fun being rudely wrestled from sleep on a Sat morning for absolutely no reason, only because the maids ignore the DnD. It's hard to go back to sleep when the staff is slamming the vaccum cleaners against the wall next to you (or above you).

If you plan to stay at this property, it is highly suggested that you have you own transportation as there are no resturants within walking distance. I did not try the on site dining, so I can't comment there.

Would I stay here again? Probably not.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

Let me preface this review by saying that I do a lot of business and personal travel and am a bit of a travel snob. I normally stay at the Marriott DFW for work, but thought I would give the Courtyard a try in an attempt to save my company some money. I was initially disappointed because I had to call the hotel to learn that the shuttle was only dispatched when requested. I ended up taking a cab to the hotel ($31 after tip) and was put in a bad mood because the can driver clearly didn't want to drive me only 2 miles for $31 and was mad that I used a charge card. All I wanted to do was go to my room, order room service, take my cold medicine (fighting a nasty cold for 3 days) and go to bed. Even though there's no fee for room service here, I swung by the little bistro. Again, I was a little salty at the time. Henock, the host/bartender/cashier was incredibly friendly and began offering great suggestions for my dinner. My initial thought? "this is hotel lobby food and is going to be gross so pick wisely.". I couldn't have been more wrong. Hanock's colleague made me an amazing french onion soup with an Asian chicken salad. I would pick both of those items any day over the meals I get at some of the steakhouses in Dallas. Also, the service was impeccable; just a lovely and relaxing atmosphere for a high maintenance girl who had just flown in, was sick and had a busy couple of days ahead of her. The room is all right. A notch lower than the DFW Marriott but it's all good.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Maximillion1000000
Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2012

Stayed here during a layover in Dallas. It's located in a business park so there is nothing else really around there in the way of restaurants and shopping. They do offer a complimentary shuttle service to and from DFW. There is a bar and limited restaurant in the hotel. The place is clean and the staff is wonderful. Due to a canceled flight we had to take an earlier flight that got us in to DFW about 6:00 AM. The staff let us check in at 7:00 AM. A big thank you to he staff here!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Bridgewater, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2012

Right outside, the airport exit, if you are doing business in Irving this is a great place to stay. For business travelers they are close to everything, offer shuttles, gave me an umbrella to use when I forgot mine, and the staff are very helpful and courteous. The gym is decent for a morning workout, and there are indoor and outdoor pools. The restaurant/bar is decent, you will not be embarassed to bring a client there. The big perk is if you are a Marriott Rewards member, they give you access to the Concierge Room on the 18th floor. Free full hot and cold breakfast there in the morning, yogurt and soft drinks all day, and an honor bar at night. This is a four star place but I had to give them a fifth for the Concierge Room and the fact that every employee was so cheerful.

Room Tip: Depending on where your room is you may hear more or less highway and/or plane noise. The first two...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank TwilightChrome
BRENTWOOD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2012

I loved the bed in this hotel.
I was here for a company meeting and found the facilities very clean and well-kept.
Did I say I loved the bed?
The food served in our buffets was very good.. The front desk was very hepful.
Big bad? No free wifi in the rooms.
But I sure loved the bed....

Room Tip: Stay on the side away from the airport.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Larry J
Kerrville, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

This hotel is just north of the airport and I thought the noise from the planes would be a problem. Turns out it was the noise from the interstate that was a problem. Also, there isn't any other civilization around this place. No restaurants, etc. I think next time I'd stay at the other end of Freeport Parkway and Hwy 114. Many other hotels on Hwy 114, and still only three or four minutes from the airport. If you're a Marriott Rewards person, like we are, there's nothing wrong with this hotel. I went for the rate and didn't worry about the location.

Room Tip: Pick a room as close to the front of the hotel as possible.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TexasLavenderLovers
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Homewood Suites by Hilton Irving - DFW Airport
The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport
BEST WESTERN PLUS DFW Airport Suites
Home2 Suites by Hilton Irving / DFW Airport North
Element Dallas Fort Worth Airport North
Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport North/Grapevine

Been to Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport North/Irving? Share your experiences!