“Worst hotel experience in my entire life!”

Days Inn Irving Grapevine DFW Airport North
Ranked #60 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Shreveport, Louisiana
“Worst hotel experience in my entire life!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2010

This was absolutly the worst hotel experience I have ever had in my entire life! We were given a room that did not have a functioning toilet and when we called about it they moved us to the ajoining room and said we could use both rooms if we needed. We weren't going to use both rooms but the 2nd room was so small the play pen for the baby wouldn't fit unless we opened the ajoining door to the other room. We made sure we locked both rooms before we went to bed at 9:30 knowning that we had to wake up at 4:30 to catch a flight at 6am. at 11pm we were woken up by the fire alarm going off, at 1:30 am we were again woken up because the hotel had given someone our original room (knowing the toilet didn't work!) and someone was trying to get in. Then again at 4am we were woken again by the fire alarm!! We have 2 small children and got NO sleep before catching a long flight. I would never ever recommend this hotel to anyone and will never again stay in a Days Inn.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Louisville, KY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2010

I booked this through Hotwire.com. That was my first time ever using that particular service and it will definately be the last, but thats another review. When I got there I asked if I could have 2 beds as I was traveling with my neice. Nope, gotta take what they have since I ordered through a third party, but I could have a roll out bed. Ok , that will work. Get to the room and the air was on but it was cooler outside than inside. Stayed there for approximately one hour and it did not get any cooler, bathroom had mold in the corner by the tub, carpet was dirty. I decided I was not staying there especially since it was getting hotter and hotter in that room. When I went downstairs to check and told them why, their response was "we're sorry". Didn't try to offer another room or anything.

• Stayed June 2010