“Never again....”

Ranked #60 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Sinton, Texas
“Never again....”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I question the validity of some of these positive reviews. Our room smelled, the bed was awful, the towels were so rough, the shower mat was disgusting and the 3 little pillows offered were a joke! We booked the hotel as part of park-sleep-fly and we definitely got what we paid for! The shuttle service on the outbound flight was fine. The driver was not friendly and did not offer to help anyone with their bags, but had a cute sign that asked for tips...here is a tip "be courteous and helpful" and maybe people will reward you with a monetary tip next time! The trip back was a complete waste of time! Upon our arrival we contacted the hotel and were instructed on where to meet the shuttle and that it would be a 15-20 minute wait. No problem, but 30 minutes elapsed and still no shuttle. Another call to the hotel and we were informed of a cancelled flight and that their driver was doing the best he could. My suggestion to your hotel is to get another van! We waited over 75 minutes before we were picked up by Mr. Crabby Pants. Again, he did not offer to help anyone with their bags, nor offer any type of apology for the delay. Good luck to anyone who is brave enough to book this place!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I parked my car at the Days Inn en-route to Canada. Four days later my return flight was cancelled and had to stay over one more day. At first, the man on duty on 02/13/2014 was very helpful in getting me on the shuttle bus. Upon my return, I called from the airport and was attended to by Candace and Eva. They were very professional and knowledgeable. Within the promised 15 minutes, the shuttle bus arrived. It was a pleasant experience parking & flying through Days Inn. I will definitely use this service again and recommend it to my friends and family. Thank you Candace and Eva.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
didfw, Manager at Days Inn Irving Grapevine DFW Airport North, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Mr. Emmanuel:

Thank you so much for your kind comments and wonderful feedback. We are glad we were able to provide with a satisfactory service. Feedback like yours encourages to work even harder. We hope to seeing you in the future or whenever you are in the area.

Sincere regards!!
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Flight was cancelled due to weather. I needed a low cost room close to the airport with a free shuttle. This hotel was it. The guy that was working when I initially arrived was short and snippy but he left and Eva came on and was exceedingly kind and professional. Definitely reccomend this hotel. The rooms are a good quality for the price. Mostly comfortable beds and clean rooms so kudos to the housekeepers as well.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Honeybadger:

Thank you for your wonderful review. I will surely share your kind words with Eva and the Housekeeping staff. Feedback like yours motivates to strive even harder. While we hope that you never have to get stranded due to a cancelled flight, if you are ever in the area, please do come and see us.

Sincere regards!!!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We were en route to London for a funeral, and booked through Priceline. Everything went very smoothly (although when you're arriving from abroad, trying to arrange the shuttle using a US phone without US coins is a challenge - a toll-free option would be an asset). Eva at the front desk was very helpful - and allowed us a late check-out, so kudos to her.

The included breakfast was adequate - but all that polystyrene is hardly good for the planet.

Dear Mr. Jonathan:

Extremely sorry to hear about the loss of one of your loved ones. And sincere thanks for taking time to write such a wonderful review amidst this loss. I will certainly share your kind words with Eva and hope and pray that you get the courage to deal with your loss. And, if you are in the area again, please do come and visit us.

Sincere regards!!!
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Ya we had came to town due to family member passing and our reservation was lost or wrong or something I dont know whatever the reason it doesnt matter the biggest thing I noticed is that it seemed to be happening alot!!! that night and everyone was upset that had to go through it. Finally the guy at the front desk seemed to have it all figured out after being yelled and cursed at, obviously wasn't his fault but he took it and was nothing but nice in return the whole time. So here is my shout out to James at the front desk for getting us into a room and being extra prompt about it, seeing as how we had to get up super early the next day. We have stayed at many places before in this area, and it is great customer service that sets one apart from the other.

Room Tip: First floor suites are the best
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Mr. Scott:

Extremely sorry to hear about the loss of one of your loved ones. We understand that it can be very stressful when thing don't come together during such time. I apologize on behalf of any inconvenience that you may have incurred due to my front desk staff and will ensure that this does not happen again. And I will surely pass on your kudos to James for understanding and addressing the situation. And thank you so much for such a kind review. We look forward to seeing you in future.

Sincerer regards!!!
Austin, Texas
Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

If your looking for something affordable and close to the airport then this is what you want. I was having the worst day ever and finally made it to the hotel in the snow storm having to call for directions many times because my navigation kept rerouting me. When I approached the front desk clerk (jamess) I was welcomed with such politeness and professionalism. He knew where I could find everything I needed and was always willing to go out of his way to help. Rooms were ok for the price and the free shuttle to the airport in the morning was added bonus. I will definitely come back for that kind of customer service in the future

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
didfw, Manager at Days Inn Irving Grapevine DFW Airport North, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We look forward to seeing you again and provide you with the same kind of service.