“Disgraceful treatment of guests”

Days Inn Irving Grapevine DFW Airport North
Ranked #62 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I've been coming to this hotel for 8 years on business or a nightly stay before a long international trip never had a problem with the previous management until today.. earlier in the morning I telephone a front desk clerk to extend my stay she said no problem would take care of it, minutes later I'm at the airport on business on our eight day at this hotel when I get a phone call from my wife, she received a call from the manager asking her to pack her bags and leave the room.. I called this man trying to reason with him that it was impossible for me to leave work immediately as he wanted.. they had my CC on file and to charge it as they've done before.. he refused, again harassing and bullying my wife to leave the room. I will never again step foot on any Wyndham corporation owned hotels, if they allow this humiliating treatment of their PAYING guests.

Room Tip: Pay a little more stay at the Sheraton..
Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed December 5, 2012

For the value this was a great experience. The front desk personnel was friendly, helpful, speedy and very friendly! Everything worked properly in the room and it was clean. Having the fridge in the room, a big flatscreen and free wi fi is a nice bonus. I will definitely stay there on my next trip.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Friendly staff. I was able to check in early. The room was very clean. But, I could hear other guests outside my room as they left. Had to park far away at night. Need electrical more outlets in room.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

We had probably the worst experience that we have ever had the night we stayed at this hotel. The room smelled moldy, the carpet was dingy, & the bathroom was dirty. We checked in late & had it not been for the fact that we were dragging around a tired & cranky five year old we would have left.
It gets better. Around 11pm a group of drunk, rowdy folks checked in to our left & right. They were all together & commenced to "party" directly outside of our room. I was traveling with my sister & my child, so I was too nervous to ask them to quiet down. Finally, at 2am we had absolutely had enough. We contacted the front desk & reported the commotion. At 5am the party ended & the group checked out. But not after they had a verbal altercation outside of our door that had me seconds away from calling the police. I had slept soundly for about 2.5 hrs when the alarm went off.
Upon check out I questioned the clerk about the previous night & why no one had done anything about the noise. The night shift obviously had not passed on the info to the day shift, so he knew nothing about it. As I was driving the 4 hrs home, holding my eyelids up with toothpicks, I grew angrier and angrier about the whole situation. I felt like I had payed $70 to be tortured all night. I called back to the hotel to speak to the manager...left a message, nothing. I called approximately five more times in the following week & low in behold, the manager was never in. He avoided my calls & never returned them. Absolutely do not stay at this hotel! The customer service is non-existent.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family