“Right from the front desk to the room!”

Days Inn Irving Grapevine DFW Airport North
Ranked #62 of 77 Hotels in Irving
“Right from the front desk to the room!”
Reviewed May 11, 2011

Never been to Dallas. Wanted a fair price stay for overnight. Found it with Days Inn. The front desk miss was pleasant and the Lobby was nice. The room was far from front desk. Ask to be as close to the entrance. The room was very clean and made my stay nice. The Domini's pizza delivery was fast but expensive. I should have tried the Chinese restaurant in the lobby. Maybe next time!!

• Stayed May 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Texas
Reviewed May 8, 2011

When you walk into the lobby the stench is overwhelming. While this place bills itself as a no-smoking facility, shuttle drivers huddle right outside the entry and smoke. People may not smoke in the rooms but they stand right outside and smoke, which doesn't help much. The room also stunk. I don't think the bedspread had been washed in years because it smelled so nasty. The front desk staff are very nice and helpful but I will not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
scotland
Reviewed May 6, 2011

Arrived here after travelling to USA from London - flight ewas delayed 4 hours coming out and It was brilliant to have a friendly check in and ground floor room with Jacuzzi. the suites were great value with two rooms and giant king size bed which was so comfy. breakfast was really basic but i have to say this hotel fit the purpose, quiet comfortable and clean. an enjoyable start to our holidays. Thanks Days Inn

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
São Paulo, Sp
Reviewed April 21, 2011

nice staff, breakfast should be improoved though. needs more fresh fruits.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Surrey
Reviewed April 10, 2011

This is a big airport hotel and I wasn't expecting anything special but I was so pleased with the friendly, courteous and helpful staff. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble. Always a smile and they always seemed to remember who you were. There was a bit of noise in the hotel one night (It was a big race weekend) and they were so anxious to make sure that we were not disturbed again. We had a Business Suite for little more than a standard room. A delightful place to stay.

Room Tip: Business Suite
Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 6, 2011

For starters, this hotel was a great value and had very nice, clean rooms. They served a complimentary, hot breakfast that was also very good. I would stay at this hotel again because of the management and staff alone. The staff was fast, friendly, and helpful when I checked in. When I realized I had left my cell phone charger at home, the manager went out of his way to help me get it charged. When he couldn't find a matching charger, he asked his driver to charge it in the hotel shuttle bus. That's the kind of hospitality that earns my business and I will definitely stay here again on my next trip to D/FW. Great staff and a great value.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 5, 2011

My family and I stayed at this hotel April 2, 2011. It’s very close to the airport as they stated and I also saw that they offered shuttle service to/from the airport. Since we had our own vehicle, I can’t review their shuttle service.

We drove from Houston, TX to Dallas Saturday morning and went straight to Grapevine Mills Mall as we went to Legoland on its opening weekend. Since we were at Legoland longer than expected and still drove out to Stock Yards for dinner, I called the hotel to let them know that I was in the area and was going to get there late to check in. The young lady was very courteous.

We didn’t arrive to the hotel until 9:00 pm or so. I requested to have my room close to my sister as they had checked in earlier that day. The young lady accommodated my request without any problems.
They offer a business center, in which they have 2 computers and offer free printing. Since I had to print my tickets, I had to use one of the computers. The computer was extremely slow and I was not able to even connect to the internet for almost 30 minutes. When I was finally able to connect, I was not able to print because the printer was out of ink. I did tell the young lady, but she seemed too preoccupied on a personal call on her cell phone. I called it quits and would try in the morning.

Our room was 247 – which is all the way towards the back of the facility. We parked close to the stairs, so we didn’t have to walk too far to get to our room and also were able to see our vehicle.
The room was clean and I did take a look at the sheets to make sure that we had clean sheets and inspected for any bugs.

My only complaint of this room was that the temperature would not go down less than 76. It was a little uncomfortable since we are used to sleeping with our ac set on 72 at home and with ceiling fans on. My sister did say that her room was too cold and it was down to 69.
The following morning we went down for breakfast, which is provided free of charge. I tried printing once more and the toner had never been changed out even though I had notified the young lady. I asked the new attendant if she could print my tickets out for me and she willingly did in her office.
Breakfast consisted of hospital-like oatmeal (no taste), OJ, coffee, eggs, sausage, toast, and Cheerios cereal. So don’t expect waffles/pancakes, etc.

All in all – if you are on a budget or just need a place to stay for the night, I do recommend this hotel.
If you will be in the Dallas area for several days, perhaps you may look to stay closer to your place of interest. We drove about 30 min to Grapevine Mills Mall, then another 30 min to the Stock Yards, and 30 min to the Cowboys Stadium. So if you don’t have your own vehicle, you definitely will want to find a hotel closer to your points of interest.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family