“Nice lobby poor room”

Days Inn Irving Grapevine DFW Airport North
Ranked #62 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed March 27, 2011

The nicest thing about this hotel is the lobby which is newly renovated and gives you the false impression that the rooms might be as nice. This is not a hotel but a motel, you walk outside to get to your room. The room was clean, furniture very outdated, room worn and tired looking. The doors to the room and the connecting door looked like you could break it down with one kick...which was the most worrying thing since I am a 22yr old female traveling alone. Did not feel safe or secure at all. No safe in the room, people were fighting outside my room at 1am (this of course is not the hotels fault) but could hear everyone that passed by quite easily. Staff was nice enough, not overly friendly. Bed was uncomfortable.
I was pleasantly surprised by the housekeeping as I asked for conditioner and they had none. When I came back from Grapevine mall later the housekeeping had left a bag on my door of shampoo and about five conditioners, very cute she remembered.

I would not stay here again as there are so many hotels nearby that are much better and around the same rate. I have stayed near the Dallas airport four times now and every single hotel that I have stayed in was better than this Days Inn.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed March 18, 2011

My husband, toddler, and I needed a cheap room for the night while our house was being painted. We were given an even numbered room on the 3rd floor. Even number rooms have more visibility to the highway, so I was worried about the noise given the rooms are outdoor access. The 3rd floor was nice because it was a vaulted ceiling, which made it feel more spacious even with a pack in play in the room. The noise off the highway was apparent, but not overwhelming. The noise from the typical motel AC wall unit masked any road noise. The room had been "updated" in that everything was newish, but obviously done on a budget. The room was clean from floor to ceiling. The bed was average in comfort, but had 4 pillows for a queen. There was a desk and a lounge chair in the queen standard room. Sufficient number of channels on the tube TV to flip through. There was a mini-fridge/microwave combo, which worked. Plenty of lighting within the room. Motel provided soap and shampoo. Shower/tub combo had plenty of hot water, curved shower curtain, and massaging shower head. Towels and toilet paper were your standard cheap hotel quality. Parking was free and easy. Free breakfast was eggs, sausage, hash browns, toast, bagels, 2 kinds of cereal, oatmeal, 2 kinds of juice and coffee. Elevators worked perfectly. Check-in/out was a breeze. The pool was closed, as it is March and the pool is outdoor.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank JenniferInDallas
Reviewed March 14, 2011

I found this hotel while searching for parking at DFW. Their parking rate is half that of the airports and the hotel it self is very nice but the staff are wonderful and pleasant to talk to. The room rate was low and it was a very nice room, clean and comfortable. The breakfast buffet was fresh and the attendant kept your cup filled and food stocked as needed. To top it off there was a free shuttle to and from the airport every 30 to 45 minutes or so. I look forward to my next trip at the Days Inn DFW North in Irving. It was my pleasure to give this review

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 7, 2011

They gave us a great rate and the service was really good. Would recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed February 17, 2011

To begin, I am not one that is often scared by consumer reports, news reports about bed bugs, hotel nightmares, etc. I have never checked mattresses, sheets, etc. After being at this hotel...I will always check from now on. Our flight from Washington DC had been delayed and the airline failed to mention that to us that our connecing flight home had left before we even got off the first flight. In an attempt to appease us, they put us up in this hotel by the airport and little did I know what we were really given as a "courtesy". This room LOOKED clean, but was far from it. It smelled heavily of mold, and the doors were still went with paint. My mattress and box spring were saturated in urine, blood stains, fecal matter, pubic hair, and anything else you could imagine. There was a thick layer of mold that was left on my fingers after moving the mattress. The tub was laced with dirt and grime in a nice ring around the bottom. If I had walked in while someone was in the midst of changing the sheets, I honestly would have thought that I had walked onto the scene of a horrible bloody crime. It was not like this in only my room, but also the 2 other rooms that my colleagues occupied. Between the conditions and the area we were in (phantom knocks on the door, shady characters lurking about) we decided that our job nor our own standards would not allow us to stay there. In less than an hour, we (myself and 2 females aged 26 and 55) checked out and walked a half mile down open Dallas freeway at 2AM to check into a Holiday Inn Express.

Reviewed February 16, 2011

I had the unfortunate pleasure of staying at the Days Inn North close to the DFW airport inn Dallas, Texas. This hotel is by far the filthiest place I have ever seen and your company should be ashamed to have your name on this hotel.

The room I was given had just been painted and the fumes were overpowering. I touched the door and got paint all over my fingers. It appeared the door had been painted that same day, judging from how wet the paint was.

After further investigation, I noticed that there was mold growing in the bath tub tiles and that the bottom of the bath tub was gray from not being cleaned in several months.

I pulled back the sheets in the bed, and the mattress had all kinds of body fluids on it such as what appeared to be urine and blood. There was also mold growing on the mattress as well. On some parts of the mattress, it appeared someone had severed a limb and the mattress soaked up the blood.

At this point I made up my mind that I could not stay at this establishment and I went into my colleagues' rooms. The bath tub and beds were in the exact same condition as my room.

We ended up walking across the street, over the highway at 2:30 a.m. to the Holiday Inn Express.

I am shocked and dismayed that these conditions are allowable and acceptable. As far as I'm concerned, this hotel should be condemned. Nobody should be subject to these conditions.

Reviewed February 16, 2011

I have been traveling for months in and out of the Dallas/Ft/Worth (DFW) airport. I have tried parking at many different locations from the airport to surrounding areas. Parking at the Days Inn and taking their shuttle has been the best experience to date. They are always on schedule for both pick ups and drop offs. Their rate is also the best I have been able to find at $4.00 per night. I highly recommend this hotel's services.

1  Thank danny_2345