Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North/Irving
Ranked #49 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed July 18, 2014

We have used this Hotel many times as a transition place when passing through DFW. The rooms are comfortable and clean with good beds. The issue we have had more than once is the reliability of their airport shuttle. If you are expecting them to pick you up at the airport after a long hard day of traveling be prepared to wait or not be picked up at all. I suggest just getting a taxi. It will cost you less than $30 and you will not have to deal with the "they're on their way" but never showing up issues that we have encountered more than once. The price of the room and the taxi fare is still less than some of the other rooms on or near the airport property.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jerry B

Reviewed June 23, 2014

I primarily stay in Marriott branded properties, so I expected the norm at this Fairfield Inn. This one is OK, the rooms are clean, the fitness center is tiny, and the breakfast is mediocre (they do have a Texas shaped waffle maker). The staff is nice and everything was as expected.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank bubba375
Reviewed June 17, 2014

This was my first time staying at the Fairfield Inn DFW in Irving TX. It is clear that it was renovated from an older building, as the elevator is really small, and the entrance not very obvious. The reception desk is behind you when you walk in, but the front desk personnel were helpful and friendly. They provide a quiet and compact room, decent furnishings, plush towels, and a well rounded breakfast. I was impressed with how clean the facility was. They do offer an airport shuttle to DFW, but not to Love field. There are no restaurants really close by (walking distance), but they have a little store that offers snacks, frozen meals, and even ice cream. The room had a fridge and microwave so if you don't want to leave but still get something quick to eat you have that option.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I needed a place to stay close to the airport and usually try to stay at Marriott properties. When I walked into the hotel to check in, the front desk person was very friendly and helpful. Whenever I walked in and out of the hotel, he made sure to call me by my name. He recommended that I return my rental car the evening before my departure and take the shuttle to the airport. He was right. The hotel shuttle also takes guests to local restaurants because there isn't much within walking distance. Although this Fairfield Inn looks like almost every other Fairfield Inn, what distinguishes it is from the others is the service. You can't beat it for the price.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I loved staying at this inn it was very clean and I am very picky. Pepper the manager was great and the worker jose was great too. They took care of my son and I wonderfully. They were on time picking me up from the airport. The food was very good a lot to pick from for the free breakfast.

Room Tip: shuttle was great service too.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 8, 2014

I would have given this hotel very high ratings for the hotel. It was quiet and very clean. Check in was quick. The clerk was very efficient and friendly. I wish they would have had some snacks out for the early departures. We left before breakfast was served. It would have been nice if they had some prepackaged muffins or such. The main complaint I have is it took an hour for the shuttle to pick us up when we returned. After picking us up then we had to go to all the terminals to check for others. It was about 1 1/2 hours before we returned to the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2014

This Fairfield Inn, a Marriott property, offers a free shuttle from the airport, free breakfast, free WIFI and free parking. The hotel is under 15 mntues from the Dallas/Ft. Worth airport. The room rate was reasonable. The rooms are recently remodeled, the beds are comfy and the staff are very accomodating. The breakfast included 4 cold cereals, hot oatmeal, belgian waffles, yogurts, several types of milk, juice, muffins, and the weekend we were there, scrambled eggs and sausage.
It has my vote for the next time we visit Dallas.

Room Tip: Get a Marriott credit card, and get your room for free like we did!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Travelers also viewed these Irving hotels
Comfort Suites DFW Airport
Best Western Plus DFW Airport Suites
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites-DFW North
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North
Homewood Suites by Hilton Irving - DFW Airport

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North/Irving? Share your experiences!