“Shuttle service saves the day”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North/Irving
Ranked #51 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Grapevine, Texas
“Shuttle service saves the day”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I have stayed here a couple times to avoid having to wake up others for an early ride to the airport.
Shuttle service starts early. Make sure to preschedule your shuttle time to DFW airport during your check in.
Bed is comfortable. Price is reasonable. Check in quick, and check out even quicker.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Newark, Delaware
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I repositioned to Dallas for an early morning flight out of DFW. Hotel is clean and comfortable. Staff was cheerful and friendly. There is a shuttle bus that will take you to/from the airport as well as numerous places to eat in the area. Rooms are very quiet even though the hotel is just off of the highway and adjacent to the airport. There are numerous hotels in the area including another Marriott, but for a hundred dollars less a night this place is fine for the night. As with most of any large city in Texas, Dallas is under heavy construction, and is changing so rapidly that even the most recent gps updates are outdated. If you are not up for the challange of navigating the vast array of detours and ramps the shuttle will be a welcomed option.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Ardmore, Oklahoma
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I'm generally not a demanding traveler. I want what most people want (particularly during a business trip): I want a clean, comfortable room that is refreshing, safe, and quite so I can get a good night's rest. I stayed at this property last week for 5 nights and was a bit concerned because this hotel is set up to be primarily an airport hotel. However, I was very happy with my stay. The room was clean, the beds were comfy and the continental breakfast was very good each morning. The fact that this is an airport hotel with many of the guests using the shuttle means there is LOADS of parking.

I agree with previous reviewers that in a few minor areas, the renovation was a bit rough. My room, for instance, had the caulking around the bathroom cracked a bit. The black-out curtains didn't 'quite' block out all the street lights outside, but that was nothing a few well placed pillows didn't fix. But all in all, the hotel is nice, even for a week's stay.

Room Tip: If you want to reduce noise, ask for the upper floor (3). You have some airport noise on the odd nu...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Very good for a one day/one night stay. I arrived a little after the breakfast time, and was offered food to include turning on the juice machine. Very excellent service from the front desk. Extremely excellent service from transportation (Jack the driver).

Only one challenge...while at the front desk trying to give directions to the hotel to a friend the maid service continued to vacuum. She was asked to hold off for a moment, but she continued to vacuum without regards to me the guest or other guests at the front desk. At one point she stopped vacuuming to watch the television BUT kept the vacuum running. I must say I was shocked! However, that one incident should not take away from the excellent service from the other staff including the extremely excellent service from Jack the transportation driver.

I will think twice before I bypass a Fairfield Inn in the future. So glad I stayed while in Dallas for my quick radio show trip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
San Diego, California
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Arrived on a late flight, transferring to international flight next day ... staff was great even offered to stop for food or water on the way to hotel. Then made arrangements for shuttle to airport in morning.
very smooth...room good enough for a few winks & free breakfast in morning

• Stayed April 2013
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Average Airport hote but service needs work at the front desk. Booked four rooms for one night, when checking in they seem unhappy about the extra work.

We had a really late flight next day so ask if we can store the bag a front desk. They won't sure and had to think about it. We told them we need to drop off the rental car at airport but need a ride back in 30 minutes. Lady said call when you are ready, fair enough. We return the car and call the lady, she said where are you? I informed her that I am at the car rental building. She said I need to travel to another building and it should take you 10 mintues. I said "can the driver meet us there in 10 minutes". She said "NO, call when you get there". It is good to keep in mind that I am not local and each time I have to find a pay phone. We got to the meeting spot call for a ride an it took 30 minutes. All she needed to do is send the driver.

The only highlight of the stay was the evening shuttle driver as he was friendly and provided us with great suggestion for local place to eat. He went the extra mile and was always friendly both nights. The AM driver was not the same.

Everything else was average but I would stay some where else if it's all the same price. You think they would at least say Thank you for the business when someone book 4 rooms.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SGO007
texas
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Okay, not the greatest hotel in all terms, but truly fantastic customer service! We were at DFW late at night to pickup a niece and her flight got rerouted overnight to Oklahoma due to storms. With a three hour drive to home and sans niece until morning, we got a room here at 9:30 PM with no overnight supplies. The front desk clerk was amazing. Kind, sweet, and generous. Sharing my predicament with her, she gave me her personal bottle of contact lens solution and case so I didn't have to sleep in them!

Will return because of the staff. Also impressed with walk in price of ~ $70/night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family