“Eckkkk Not Cheap ..... but should be!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North/Irving
Ranked #52 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stayed at this hotel one night while on a business trip January 2013.... Thank goodness it was only one night! First of all, as we pulled up we couldn't find an entrance because it was that pathetic, we thought there surely was another one... but there was not.

The Positive:
- The hotels decor looks to have been updated recently and was nice
- The BEDs were very very comfortable
- The location of coarse is great if you need to be by the airport (which contributes to the high price)

The Negatives:
- The hotel was old and rundown looking
- The rooms are small, tv is small, bathrooms are old and tiny
- Elevator is slow and old (again tiny)
- The entire hotel smells old and moldy

In the end, only stay here if you MUST stay by the airport and if you get some kind of miraculous deal where the pay you to stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ximena B

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Hotel is located close to the airport. Staff was friendly and always looking for offering extra services such as wake up calls and airport transfers.
The rate includes breakfast and internet and the room has a microwave.
There is a guest laundry on site and that was very nice to have as we were carrying a lot of dirty clothes.
we stayed there twice and we will definitely be back if having to do overnight in DFW.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 27, 2012

When driving up it was hard to find the lobby. We figured the entrance was where the shuttle van was and we were right. The lobby is very tiny. The rooms were clean and serviceable. The bathroom sink had a very small counter so you can't put many things there. The bed was just okay. My back was a little sore the next morning. I had to use ear plugs because after all it is near the airport with planes taking off and landing. That is the best part, the location. We had to catch an early morning flight and needed a hotel nearby. There is a microwave and a very small refrigerator in the room. The flat screen TV is small. They do offer a free breakfast with hot and cold items so can't complain much.

Room Tip: I would suggest asking for a room on the top floor so you don't have someone with heavy feet tro...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed here to catch an early flight from DFW. There is construction in the area, so my GPS had difficulty finding the detour. Arrived late and was starving, not many food options in the immediate area. I heard the desk attendant tell the customer in line before me some places to eat, but they were 5 miles away. i wanted closer and found a Subway nearby, and also saw a Whattaburger at a gas station very close as well.
Note: the car rental return is at the South entrance to DFW, so next time I will probably find a hotel near that entrance, vs the North to save time.
Room was clean, bed very comfortable, and the room suited my less than 8 hour stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I was traveling with my husband, and two sons (3 and 5). We just needed a place to overnight and catch a flight the next morning.

We called for the shuttle as recommended and waited about ten minutes at the airport or less. The shuttle was great and we had wonderful service. We checked in and was told our reservation was for two double beds, and I asked for an upgrade because I thought the two kids would irritate each other through the night. However the pillows and beds are sooooo comfortable we all fell right to sleep and did not awake until the morning :)

We were given complimentary water, which was wonderful. In the room there was a microwave and fridge, with complimentary popcorn! All nice touches and if I were staying with my husband we would have popped the bag and enjoyed a movie.

Everything was clean and nice.

We had to leave early for the shuttle 5:45 and the front desk said they would have food out early we could have or take with us! Great I have never stayed at a hotel that put the breakfast food out so early. We were all able to eat plenty as there was a large variety and were very happy with the service.

All renovations seem to be done as I saw nothing happening and the eating area was nice.

I would stay here again and highly recommend it for anyone passing through.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 14, 2012

so you have to sleep overnight at DFW airport. This hotel picked me up, the room was quiet, had good ac, it was under 100 dollars, tax included, the van took me back to the terminal in the am in 8 mins. , ok breakfast, nice staff. I checked the mattress and it seemed clean. The shower had not been totally cleaned, there was liquid soap on the soap dish.
Like at any hotel, some clorox wipes can make you feel safe. This was a pleasant enough lay over, and i slept 8 hours. That is what i wanted.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Really enjoyed my stay here. The king bed was excellent! I slept in the back of the hotel on the second floor and heard no street noise. I wasn't here long, so didn't eat the breakfast or use the fitness facilities. I did notice an outdoor pool at the back of the property. Coffee maker, hair dryer, microwave and mini-fridge were in the room. I had to drop off my rental car on the way to the airport 4 am-ish and the drive was easy. There is road construction everywhere in Texas it seems, so take that into consideration when getting places during the workday. My only complaint with the property is the air conditioner was noisy. I'm beginning to think I'm a light sleeper when I travel, so maybe I'm just sensitive, but why do they all seem to be so annoyingly loud?

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo