“Does not deliver what is promised”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas - Las Colinas
Ranked #14 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for the stay and fly option. I am a frequent traveler so I used points. Upon my return I was informed they charge $15 for the shuttle to pick me up at the airport. I was never told of this prior in fact I was told it would be free. The Manager (Ms R Patel) was not helpful either. She was quite rude. I will never stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Stay away from the Laquinta Las Calinos!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LQ6258, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas - Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Good afternoon ,

Thank you very much for your recent review. We want to apologize about the confusion regarding our Shuttle Fee, our Airport Courtesy Shuttle is complimentary as long as your are a guest with us for at least 1 night. You were charged the $15 for your return trip back to our Hotel only due to the fact that you were not going to be staying with us that evening. Other than the miscommunication you experienced, we hope you enjoyed your stay and had a wonderful and comfortable stay!

We are glad you took advantage of our Free Parking at the La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Colinas and hope you will choose again in the future!

Thank you so very much for your time,

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Our main reason for choosing a hotel like La Quinta is the convenience of having breakfast in the morning. We have stayed in several La Quintas and hotels of the same all around the U.S. This particular LQ was extremely clean, lobby was impressive, rooms large and beds VERY comfortable, desk clerk very nice, general manager attentive and very courteous. So the overnight stay was pleasant except the drain in the bath tub was very, very slow. Since we were staying only one night and we used the tub at 10:00 pm, we did not call housekeeping. We did, however, mention to the desk clerk during checkout. The breakfast was disappointing. The egg (patties), bacon, and sausage were all cold. There was no microwave to heat them up. The waffles were very good. Yet, I did not appreciate the fact that "pet lovers" bring their dogs to the dining area. Some people had their small dog in thier arms -- not everyone is a pet lover. Therefore, these people should keep their dogs in their rooms NOT the public area! I don't know if management allows this but it should be part of the agreement when they check in not to bring their pets in the dining area. Altough the beds, room, etc were excellent, we probably would not stay again due to the poor breakfast and the pet policy.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
LQ6258, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas - Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Good afternoon ,

I want to sincerely apologize for your recent experience. Please know that we take our Pet Policy very seriously and regret that your experience here did not meet our usual standards when it comes to this matter. We had a very large group of individuals in our Hotel recently who unfortunately failed to obey our Hotel policies during their stay, and we are still in the middle of deep cleaning certain areas that we feel have been misused. We understand this is not your fault, and we hope you can understand and give us a second chance in the future. As far as the breakfast, we will certainly use this review as a training tool to all of our Team members, and most importantly, our Breakfast attendant. Our goal is to provide on the best of quality when it comes to accommodating our guests, and cold breakfast is definitely not an option for us and our Team. We are sorry and guarantee you will see a change during your next stay, if you decide to choose us again in the future.

A TripAdvisor Member
Woodridge, Illinois, USA
Reviewed November 1, 2012

at the price this is the best value of any hotel I stayed at, peiople are freindly, the place is clean, the room was clean, and everything runs well. They shuttled me to dinner and back, I could not ask for anything more of the staff.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LQ6258, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas - Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Thank you so very much for your review! We appreciate you choosing us, and please know that it is our pleasure to treat you right.

A La Quinta traveler
Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
Reviewed October 29, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LQ6258, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas - Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

A La Quinta traveler
Richmond
Reviewed October 22, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LQ6258, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas - Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I was extremely pleased with my one night stay at this property. I arrived in the mid-morning to leave my luggage and see if there was a possibility of an early check in. The staff person(s) at the front desk were very welcoming and accommodating and checked me into a room before 11am. I was able to get a couple hours of work done in my room on my laptop with the help of the free Wi-Fi in the room which worked great. Several of my meetings/conferences were taking place at the Four Seasons Hotel directly across the street yet I chose to stay at this property to save a couple hundred dollars. The staff at this La Quinta provided the same high level of service that one would expect at the high priced hotel across the street. I travel quite a bit for work and my experience with the front desk staff was supurb. I will definitely stay at this La Quinta again when my business takes me to this area.

Room Tip: The first floor rooms were provided nice privacy thanks to the tall shrubs outside the window. I fo...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank OBSTRT
LQ6258, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas - Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

We appreciate your kind words in this review and hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

We spent two days at the LaQuinta and had a very nice experience. Our daughter was seeing Drs. at the Spine Institute just down the street, so the location could not have been better. Our room was clean and very comfortable, but the staff was "the best". They helped us with information we needed and the shuttle driver gave us directions to a medical center in Dallas and also gave us directions on the easiest way to get to I-30 when we headed home. Would definately recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family