“Great friendly staff, helped me out during tornado.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas - Las Colinas
Ranked #16 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Great friendly staff, helped me out during tornado.”
Reviewed April 7, 2012

I was traveling through Dallas April 3rd 2012 when the tornadoes hit and caused travel chaos at DFW airport. I came off a 10 hour flight to find my connection was canceled and after traveling 20+ hours total at that point I was beyond frantic and stressed. My daughter got me a room at La Quinta Las Colinas, Irving TX and I could not have been more satisfied. The room was fine, very clean and more than met my expectations, very comfy bed which was exactly what I needed. What I was more impressed by though was the level of service from all the staff there. I arrived later than the last shuttle was supposed to run so had no way to get to the hotel without paying for a taxi. But after my daughter talked to the hotel and explained the situation they were kind enough to send the driver (James) back to the airport to collect me. It was very busy and chaotic there with hundreds of stranded travelers, but he went to the trouble of getting out, waiting and calling my name to ensure I knew he was there. All of the staff at the hotel I encountered were extremely helpful, caring and professional and went above and beyond their duty to help me. I arrived late at night but the front desk staff were lovely. The receptionist helped get me back to the airport the following day for my rescheduled connection. I am very grateful to everyone at this hotel and would not hesitate in recommending it to anyone looking to stay in the area. It is very rare these days to get such great service.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank j m

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I travel a good deal and this La Quinta provided exceptional service. Very friendly and helpful, they will shuttle you from the airport and within 5 miles of the hotel to attend business meetings, eat, shop. Above and beyond attentive and respectful; a great hotel for the price and business friendly. My room was spotless, large flat screen TV, large desk to work from, quiet room.

Room Tip: If you have business in the area an excellent choice
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank beachloverLB
Stillwater, OK
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Horrible customer service from the manager here. Stayed for business. The manager's idea of a hot breakfast is not the eggs and bacon as promised when I called, but a boiled egg (she said that is all that is required of her). Treadmill was broken and they only called for repairs after I complained. Shower curtains are too short for the shower, so water spills onto the floor, which can be a safety hazard. When I complained about these and many more problems, the manager was very rude and intimidating, instead of apologetic and friendly. Don't waste your time or money. If you do, you will regret it.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Cowgirl12
Reviewed January 17, 2012

After making a last minute reservation and showing up late at night, the front desk staff was very accommodating. The rooms are equivalent to any 5-star hotel I've states at. Beds are very plush and comfy. Fat, fluffy soft towels. Love having outdoor pool, although they needed to ensure it was cleaned more fequently in summer months due to the large flying insects common in Texas! Otherwise, the rooms are spacious, clean and the breakfast makes it worth the stay and eliminates the need to go out for breakfast. Who wouldn't love Texas shaped waffles? A big kids delight. Highly recommend this place.

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank hypertype4000
Cedaredge, Colorado
Reviewed October 10, 2011

We attended a wedding in Fort Worth; family was nearby and hotel was within range of the free shuttle. We had no rental car and hotel shuttle was used for dinner, Trinity Express station, and for hair salon appt. at Irving Mall. Congenial staff; helpful. TV controller was funky, but wi-fi was fast. Used fitness center and pool (not heated).

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank wmreever
Buffalo, Missouri
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Chose this property because it was five minutes to our daughter's house. I'm growing fond of the La Quinta chain---this is my third stay in three different locations this year and each one of them was very good.

We flew into Love Field and were disappointed that the shuttle only picked up from DFW---it was a pleasant surprise to find that it would take us anywhere in a five mile radius in the evenings though.

Our room had two beds, a fridge and microwave a good large flat screen TV and fast wifi. We didn't use the pool after finding it too warm during the horrible heat wave they are having---more like a giant hot tub without the jets!

Our stay was over a weekend and we got a great rate. Read some of the other reviews for some of the other extras they offer, because we were visiting family we didn’t check out the other amenities. This is a place I can easily recommend staying and given its location, I'm sure we will be back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank chevybb
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Convenient 5-minute ride to Irving Convention Center if you have a car. Friendly staff. Good selection at breakfast and a free happy hour with beer, wine, sodas and a snack. A relatively clean room with mini-fridge and mini-microwave and a comfortable bed. Pets welcome at no extra charge. We stayed here for a 3-day event at the convention center and thought it was a good value.

• Stayed July 2011