We stayed here for a night. After reading the reviews here, I think I already knew what to expect. There is good and not so good. The reception was extremely warm and friendly when we checked in. The warm cookies were a bonus. The pool turned out to be okay and we did spend some time. We got a room adjacent to the pool. The sliding door opened to the courtyard and the pool was only few steps away. The beds were good and clean. The MW and Ref. in the room always help. The coffee/tea (along with the maker) were all good quality.
The furniture is good, tho' the cheap armchair had a lot of wrinkles and tears.
Now the not to good: As others have said in the reviews, this hotel has walls which are paper thin. If you have come here to have a calm, restful night you can forget about it. You will be surrounded with nosie; from the other rooms, from the corridors, the showers and flush from other rooms (so loud it feels like some one is using the bathroom in the room itself), and for us from the pool. We could hear the TV and people talking almost all night, and it was so that I had to reduce the room the temp. and have the AC run frequently to hide the noise. The AC is efficient but extremely loud, which actually turned out to be a blessing in disguise for us. If they do care for guests, they need to insulate and make it sound proof. The noise around woke up my kids in the wee hours of the morning.
The pool hours are supposed to be until 10 PM, but guests were splashing around and talking even after 12 in the night and then again early in the morning. No rules, no one watches, and of course no sleep for those who want to rest.
The carpets are stained, and old. Wo knows for how long they have been around. The bathroom is Super 8 quality or even worse. Really tiny, and dirty tiles and awefully stained grout and also a door that would not lock right. Thank God we were there only for a night, so we all skipped showering. Just could not get ourselves to get it there. The curved shower rods and good towels are of no use in that bathroom.
The walls are cheap, really cheap. Tearing old and stained wall papers are not what Hilton should be offering. I have no idea how it is even a Hilton and this in fact is the worst Hilton property we ever stepped into,
The management really needs to read these reviews and start working for real to bring it up to the same level of other Doubletree Hotels. Such a shame! Some good fresh wall paint, new carpet, and remodelling of the bathrooms will have half the work done to change the look of this place. Is that too much to ask from Hilton??
But you get only what you pay for. I would have have much more to complain if I did not book this place with Hotwire for less than 50 bucks for a night. To pay full price at the name of Hilton and walk into this place is absurd. Will I stay here again? NOPE!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Doubletree by Hilton Hotel DFW Airport North, conveniently situated two miles from Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport (DFW), offers full-service, Texas-style hospitality at our newly transformed hotel in Irving, TX, a mile from upscale Las Colinas shopping and dining. With easy access to Hwy 114 and IH-635, business and leisure travelers are minutes from North Dallas, Downtown Dallas, the Mid-Cities, and all that the exciting DFW Metroplex has to offer. Enjoy complimentary 24-hour airport shuttle service, a boarding pass kiosk, a 100% smoke-free environment and soundproof windows (you’ll never guess we’re an airport hotel) when you stay at the Doubletree hotel near DFW Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Odigeo and Cancelon so you can book your DoubleTree DFW Airport North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Dfw Airport North Hotel Irving
- Wyndham Hotel Irving
- Dfw Airport North Wyndham