“Great food, Beautiful, Small Rooms”

The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport
Ranked #7 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Texas
“Great food, Beautiful, Small Rooms”
Reviewed September 28, 2009

Initial Impression A+
As I went to check in, I was immediately impressed with the large basket of fresh chocolate chip cookies I could take. Yummy! Check in was quick, elevators are fast, and the lobby is beautiful.

Rooms B
The linens on the beds were wonderful! The overall look of the room and bathroom was luxurious and modern. The bed was comfortable, and I even loved the leaf-shaped soaps in the bathroom. There were two big downsides to the room for me. One is that the room felt cramped and tiny. The bathroom was tiny too. I felt smooshed, and I'm a person that likes space to breathe. Everytime I was in the room, I felt like I barely had enough room to move around. The second downside was that the walls are super thin. It was 1AM, I was trying to go to sleep, and I could hear every conversation my neighbors were having as well as every TV show and commercial they watched. That was a big no bueno.

Food A
I stayed at the hotel for a work convention, and most of the food was absolutely delicious! The only reason I did not give an A+ is that the bread at every meal except one tasted like it had been in a deep freezer for the past several years. To me, it was inedible. Everything else I tasted was wonderfully fabulous though.

Meeting Facilities A+
I was super impressed with all the metting areas and ballrooms available at this hotel. They had so many options available, it was incredible.

The only reason I wouldn't stay at this hotel again is because of the small rooms with thin walls. There was a connecting door from my room to my neighbor's, and I think that's why I could hear everything so loudly.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
WestinGM1, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this review, October 21, 2009
Thank you for your kind review. We take great pride in our ability to provide outstanding hotel and meeting services to our guests. It is always nice to see that our customer appreciate the hard work.

Thanks for choosing Westin and we look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Korean first
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed September 24, 2009

First, the mini bar was a n absolute mess! Opened drinks, rotten fruit and half eaten snacks. Second, I couldn't complete a conference call on the old, low quality telephones! Third, why the heck was breakfast $18??!! Way overpriced. Also, iis it really necessary to charge an extra $9.95 per day for internet access??

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank U99A
WestinGM1, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this review, November 5, 2009
I am very sorry to learn of your disappointment and I do apologize for the issues that you recount in your review. We are very proud of the hard work we do each day to exceed the expectations of the vast majority of our guests. I regret that we did not do that in your case. Please do give us a chance to regain your faith in our hotel. I look forward to serving you again in the future.

Kaufman Tex
Reviewed September 21, 2009

We stayed here for one night in Sept. Hotel is well kept and extremely quiet. Used the airport shuttle which is always a benefit. You can leave your car there while your on your trip for $5 a night which is cheap. The only problem i had was that right before i booked the room i called the hotel directly and asked the lady i talked to if it cost anything for me to leave my car there while i was gone.. She told me no(always remember to get peoples names when u talk to them which i didn't in this case). Anyway it was not that big a deal and my car was safe and sound when i returned. Would not hesitate to stay here again

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
WestinGM1, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this review, September 24, 2009
Thank you for the kind words regarding our hotel. I am very sorry that we gave you incorrect information regarding the park and fly costs prior to your arrival. I have reviewed your comments with our staff and I want to thank you for bringing this to my attention. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Toronto
Reviewed September 18, 2009

This is a great hotel. I stayed here for one night on August 27th while on a business trip in Texas. The staff are fantastic. As others have commented, this hotel is very near to the DFW airport, but the rooms are still exceptionally quiet. The reception staff were very friendly and I loved the little containers of M&Ms at check-in. The room was very comfortable -- the usual Heavenly Bed and Heavenly Shower -- a very large desk with good lighting and a comfortable desk chair. I went to turn on the TV and noticed the remote control was broken. I called downstairs and within 3 minutes someone was at my door with a new remote control. Now that is service! As I was tired from travelling and still had work to do, I opted for the room service. I was not being very hungry and just wanted something simple like scrambled eggs and toast. Not on the menu for dinner time, but they accommodated me. Other hotels are often far less willing to do this -- even some of the other Westin properties. I was impressed. So all in all it was a wonderful stay and I wished that I could have been there for more than just one night. I look forward to staying at this hotel on my next trip to Dallas.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Thank you for the very detailed review of our hotel. I am glad to see that we lived up to our mission, which is to provide a personal, instinctive renewal to our guests. It is true that the little things count and I am very happy that you noticed our team’s efforts. We are looking forward to serving you again in the future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed September 16, 2009

We stayed at the Westin during a layover, and we were highly impressed with our stay.

Our stay started out great with the complimentary shuttle pickup from DFW airport. I called as I was getting of the plane, and they said the shuttle will pick me up in 20-minutes. Oddly enough, I found someone else going to the same hotel, so I piggy backed on his shuttle and only waited 5 minutes. As we were approaching the hotel, the concierge called me to make sure I was on the shuttle bus because they couldn't find me. The best thing is that he said he looked forward to seeing me. That was a nice personal touch.

Check in was pretty quick, and I liked the complimentary snack at the front desk and the pineapple-infused water by the elevators. My friend checked in later and was sad that she missed the tasty water. There were more snacks (cheese and fruit) in the lobby, so I probably missed an earlier happy hour event.

The entire hotel is decorated really nicely - from the lobby to the rooms. I was on the 10th floor, and liked the room. The beds were extremely comfortable, the room was spacious, there were a lot of channels on the television, and everything was clean. I didn't really understand the double shower head, but I tried it anyway! The view is something to be desired, but you're at the airport. Watching planes land and take off was pretty cool.

I did go to the roof to check out the gym and pool. The jacuzzi was nice and so was the pool. I'm not kidding when it felt like I could touch the belly of the plane trying to land. But don't worry, it's in the flight path of the outer runway so it's not used that often. The views from the roof was pretty spectacular, especially when you can see lightning storms in the distance.

The gym was nice because each machine had its own television, and there was a basket in the gym for complimentary ear buds if you didn't bring your own. There are towels in the gym and a nice water cooler. It was pretty small, but there was enough cardio machines and free weights to keep everyone busy.

Across the street, there's a Denny's and a convenience store. I was craving chicken fried steak so I ate at Denny's (it's been years since I've been there - and the food was decent). I also got some adult beverages at the convenience store, and stored it in the ice bucket. Oh, there is an ice machine on each floor, and it works really well.

Check out was quick and easy as well. There are a couple of computers in the lobby where you can print out your boarding pass, so that was nice touch as well. The shuttle leaves every 30-minutes, and we were back at the airport in no time.

Overall, our stay at the Westin was great! It was a great way to start off our vacation. I'll definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank BoysInNY
We certainly do appreciate the time you took to write such a nice review of our hotel. We are very proud of our hotel and even more proud of our team of associates who are so clearly dedicated to providing outstanding service to our guests. Thanks for noticing and please allow us to be your home away from home whenever your travels bring you to Dallas.
At your service,
essex
Reviewed September 14, 2009

We stayed at this Hotel after missing a connecting flight and we were pleasentley surprised . tha staff were so friendly and helpfull and rooms were lovely . And can I just say they do the best Fried Calamari I have ever tried specially with the gorgeous tomato remoulade thats its served with .

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
WestinGM1, Executive Chef at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this review, September 16, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your accommodations and meal. If you would like the recipe for the Calamari or the remoulade please contact the hotel and ask for me.
972-929-4500
Lorenzo Moctezuma
Executive Chef
Texas
Reviewed August 26, 2009

I was at the hotel at a weekend conference and it was a delightful experience. I upgraded to a suite that had two flat scrren TVs, wet bar, a shower and a tub with shower, a couch, 2 chairs and a desk and executive chair, bathrobe included. We took two served meals -- a breakfast and a dinner, and the food was excellent and well served. The only thing negative that I could come up with is that the meeting rooms were very cold. The service was excellent.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
WestinGM1, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this review, September 2, 2009
Thank you for your kind words. We take great pride in knowing we did our job well for you. We apprecaite you choosing our hotel for your home away from home and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Todd Raburn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Hyatt Regency DFW
Grand Hyatt DFW
#2 of 203 in Dallas
Home2 Suites by Hilton Irving / DFW Airport North
Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel

Been to The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport? Share your experiences!