“Great Airport Hotel”

Ranked #7 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Florida, Massachusetts
“Great Airport Hotel”
Reviewed June 17, 2009

We needed to stay over one night at DFW on our way to Vancouver. I debated staying at one of the Hyatt Hotels ( 1 connected to the aiport ) but as this was just a quick stop over decided the stay at the Westin which had a lower rate and I could also earn the points. We had a problem figuring out where the shuttle would pick us up. My mother was tired and grumpy and didn't like that the area were were waiting in was devoid of any people (9;30 pm at night) so we took a taxi for $22 for the short trip. The hotel is quite lovely. Check in was a breeze. We checked out the room and then came down to eat in the hotel restaurant. The restaurant was busy for the late hour. They have these very annoying spot lights shining on the tables. It was almost blinding. The food was abundant and very good. Had a great night sleep on the heavenly beds. Did not hear any airplane noise. The room was spotless and large. Checkout was easy and the shuttle back to airport was excellent. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2009
1 Thank Steph2727

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Korean first
Texas
Reviewed June 13, 2009

I purchased a three night stay at this Westin through Hotwire. I have a 7 year old and a 16 year old. We arrived Friday afternoon and started by trying to get a bite to eat after a long day of travel. We never did find a employee in the restaurant to assist us. So, we went for a swim. While at the pool, a plane went so over so close to the roof that we could have thrown a rock at it and hit it. This scared my children to death. The room was VERY small. The beds were great and the shower appeared nice, but there was a strong sewer smell everytime we flushed the toliet. I would like to give this Westin a better review, but we left and checked into another hotel. Of course since we went through Hotwire, I was told there was nothing the Westin could do. This location does not live up to the "Westin" name. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank Tamaw
WestinGM1, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this review, September 4, 2009
I am very sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with our hotel. I hope that you will contact me and allow me to make this right. We take great pride in the job we do for our customers and I do apologize that we did not live up to your expectations.

Todd
Arizona
Reviewed June 8, 2009

The Westin is the best DFW hotel if you're looking for value and a great place to stay.

Pros: Heavenly Bed, Upgraded to suite with living room, great staff, timely airport shuttle, nice restaurant and bar, and fitness center with rooftop pool.

Cons: Marginal noise of aircraft on approach to DFW but that's just me being picky and after all the hotel is located next to the airport.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank Nomadic22
boston
Reviewed May 26, 2009

The hotel was unprepared for all of the people that arrived late at night from the airport. They were slow and rather unhelpful that night, and the next morning. I asked about adding my night to my starwood account and instead of simply helping me find my starwood number (as they do at other westins), they just made me a new account which I did not ask for because it was easier for them. Now I have to reconcile both accounts with starwood. The shuttle bus is supposed to take 20 minutes but it took forty. The room, and location were good as promised.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Dallas, TX
Reviewed April 15, 2009

We stayed one night at this hotel to attend a couples retreat happening nearby. This hotel is just simply beautiful. Wonderfully decorated and clean! We stayed on the 8th floor and our room was more than spacious - with a ful living room area and two plasma tvs! We has breakfast there as well and it was great, average price! Would definitely recommend this for business or leisure stays!

Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Ontario
Reviewed April 5, 2009

We stayed at the hotel on a stopover from Belize to Newark....and we thought this hotel was perfect. We booked this hotel on hotwire for $63 and were more than impressed. We received the same Westin standards that we have become to expect (clean, modern rooms) and very comfortable beds. The airport shuutle was perfect too. We wouldn't hesititate to recommend this hotel to anyone passing through.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Redondo Beach, California
Reviewed April 4, 2009

First off, I like to thank Cody at the front desk. He made me feel welcomed although I goof a bit on my reservation. The Concierge was nice too. The room was basic, quiet, and all I need for my overnight stay on my way to Ft Lauderdale. In the lobby this hotel has a cool flat screen to help with suggestions for dining, shopping, etc or the helpful concierge will do. I stay in many hotels as I travel mostly domestic frequently. All I can say it is right off the highway, close enough to airport, clean, really nice lobby, with average rooms.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank exotik
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Hyatt Regency DFW
Grand Hyatt DFW
#2 of 203 in Dallas
Home2 Suites by Hilton Irving / DFW Airport North
Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel

Been to The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport? Share your experiences!