“Double, no triple check your bill”

The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport
Ranked #7 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Just checked out and had one heck of a time as they charged my card for dinner at the restaurant for more than the value of the meal, plus charged the food to the room. If it wasn't for the fact that I asked a lot of questions I would have been stuck dealing with it by phone.

• Stayed: February 2014
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience while visiting our hotel. I want to apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your last visit. I am glad to hear that we were able to resolve the issue before you left. This is not normal of us to do and again I'm deeply sorry for the inconvenience. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to provide outstanding service that our hotel prides itself on.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

This hotel is an excellent value right next to the airport and in the middle of Dallas and Fort Worth. I typically book the room for around $100 a night. The rooms are nice and clean and there is plenty of free self-parking. The lobby bar is nice too.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your loyal patronage of our hotel. It certainly sounds like you have earned the title "Life Long Guest". We appreciate your valuable feedback and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I have stayed at the DFW Westin many times over the years... most recently in late Feb 2014. Hotel is a typical Westin and has good quality and service in all areas.

Lack of an SPG is a negative and they should have one at an airport location.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for completing a Westin survey. Your feedback is critical to our ability to improve our guest experience. I assure you that we value all of our customers and none more than the loyal Starwood Preferred Guests. We are currently working on a new SPG acknowledgement program with our staff and if you have any questions please feel free to reach out to me on your next visit. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Stayed here for two nights for business recently. The complimentary shuttle was very convenient and fast. Check-in was efficient but my room key did not work on the first try but they were quick to resolve. This was my first stay at this Westin. The room itself was quite comfy and luv’d the quality sheets and pillows – very quiet also. I slept very comfortably. The buffet meals prepared for our group meeting were very good – a little bit for everyone and met varied dietary needs. They were also very accommodating for any additional special meals needed. The bar/lounge area was very comfortable and service excellent. The décor was upscale and comfy. Overall, the staff was friendly and willing to assist at any chance. The meeting rooms were way too cold but that may not have been their responsibility. I'd stay here again and recommend.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

I want to thank you for letting us know about your stay here at our hotel. It is through our guest's feedback that we can determine how well we are doing in taking care of our guests. Our goal is to meet or exceed your expectations. I want to apologize for the inconveniences you had here at our hotel. I am pleased to know that you had a pleasant stay and that you enjoyed our complimentary amenities. I appreciate your feedback and thank you for choosing to stay with us. I hope that should your travel plans once again include our area that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night when my flight to another city was cancelled. First the positives: It is close to the airport and provides a convenient free shuttle to and from the airport. The best part of the experience was the staff. They are very attentive and friendly. You don't get those fake smiles you get at other hotels; the ones that say "what do you want? I'm updating my Facebook status!". The hotel lobby is clean and inviting. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable.

Now the bad: tried to use the business center. The computer's are worthless. I tried to download a file from dropbox and got the message that dropbox does not support the outdated browser. It was even a hassle trying to save an attachment from an email. The experience was very frustrating.

The food from room service was ok but the placement of the coffee table made it hard to use it for eating. As with another reviewer, the toilet bowl was leaking a little bit so I had to put a towel on the bathroom floor not to get wet.

The biggest problem I had with the room was noise. As another reviewer mentioned, the room was cold. So I turned on the heat and that took care of the temperature problem BUT every time the heater turned off it made this loud sound as if someone dropped a book from top of a shelf on the floor. This woke me up a couple of times. The rooms are not very well noise insulated. Another time I woke from the alarm going off in the next room. Also in the morning when planes started flying into DFW, the sounds of the planes was very loud.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Westin survey. We know your time is valuable and we appreciate your feedback. Please accept my deepest apologies for the inconvenience you encountered in our business center and for the restless night that you had. Please know that I will review the information that you have provided here with our team and we will make adjustments.We have a great deal of pride in our hotel and our service. We consistently receive high marks from our guests and I regret that you had this type of experience. In the end we want all of our guests to leave us better than when they arrived and I do wish that you would give us the opportunity to regain your trust and faith in our hotel. Once again thank you for your feedback as it is essential to our ability to improve our guest’s experience. If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to let me know.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Review first… more notes at the bottom…

All in all, this is not a remarkable property. It is a high quality Westin hotel, which comes with an expectation that is met. The difference of this hotel is the staff… and the in-room dining.

From the moment I met the front desk staff I was impressed with their genuine warmth. I had a few problems with my room… but that's when a staff gets tested. The flap on my toilet was allowing water to flow. Moments after a call to the front desk, a gentleman who looked like a young Christian Slater, came to my room and promptly replaced the flap. Again, efficient, warm, caring. Later, it appeared my iron wasn't working and another gentleman brought the iron to the room… another smile, he offered his name, and told me he was there to help. I had to get up at 3am the next morning for a conference call I'd need to hold from my room for six hours and I was worried about waking other guests with my voice.. a call down to the front desk and I was told on my return I'd be moved to a room that was less in the earshot of guests. I mentioned this to the bell captain as he hailed by cab… and he offered to look into it to make sure it was done.

It has been a LONG time since I've been surrounded by such a competent and caring hotel staff. Kudos to the staff, management, and I suspect really great training program.

Also, wanted to mention the in-room dining menu. I hate to eat alone in public and by eating in the room I can work. I've noticed that in-room dining menus have been SHRINKING with fewer and fewer options. Not at this hotel. The menu was robust with lots of options. Additionally, the food was promptly delivered and VERY tasty. Last best part: they removed the customary imposed tip. That's great. I am more likely to tip larger than the prescribed tip if one is not imposed on me (and the service is great).

Final note: Because of the nature of my employer, I have ceased writing frank reviews when service is less that sterling… it has to be excellent now for me to get on Tripadvisor and say something. I can't say bad things about bad stays because I might be insulting a client.

This is the first stay IN A REALLY LONG TIME that I thought deserved a review on Tripadvisor.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our Guest Survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am delighted to hear that your stay was pleasant and I thank you for all the compliments. We have a great deal of pride in our hotel and our service. I am pleased that we met your expectations on the quality of service we gave you and that our staff was able to assist you with your needs. We look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

I had my wedding at a westin so I am protective of the brand. Checked into this hotel and the first room I was given I go to to find the handle broken. Walked down again. Second room I got was okay on the surface. Then...
- bathrobe missing in the room though there's a hanger behind the bathroom door describing the robe
- shower says hot on one side but that sides cold! Not okay to jump into a cold shower
- what's with the shower pressure??? Literally so strong that it made the entire bathroom wet
- no shower cap??
- I get into bed to find the labels which are supposed to go on the lower right right on the side where I'm sleeping.

I may sound like a picky guest but I know Starwood standards. Very surprised by this one...

• Stayed: January 2014
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

I apologize for what certainly seems like a less than desirable experience during your stay. I assure you that we value all of our customers and none more than the loyal guests. We take great pride in knowing that the vast majority of guests that stay with us leave refreshed and renewed, better than they arrived.This type of information is very valuable to us and I assure you we will use it to improve the experience for future guests. I do deeply apologize that we did not accomplish that in your case. I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the future so that we can regain you trust in our hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Hyatt Regency DFW
Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas
Homewood Suites by Hilton Irving - DFW Airport
Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott
Home2 Suites by Hilton Irving / DFW Airport North

Been to The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport? Share your experiences!