“I now what bed bugs look like! And what no heat feels like”

The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport
Ranked #7 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
“I now what bed bugs look like! And what no heat feels like”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Made reservations paid for a suite ,when we got to the room it wasn't a suite, so I called the front desk they said the suites were closed due to heating issues (22degreesoutside)so the bellman went to get us a room he returned with two food coupons for three of us and said he was sorry , so we were expected to all share a bed . Our son is 12so we just said we would make the best of it for in the morning were flying out to Hawaii. Then we discovered we didn't have heat. So we called downstairs and they said the manager wasn't to be found and we were told to take the cover off the HVAC control panel and push on a button lol. Really. No heat all night glad we shared the bed! Then my wife discovered a bed bug critter in the bathroom! I could go on and on . I think they should be inspected by westin corporate if they want to carry the Westin name. After all that's why I booked because of the good name. I did see they reduced my bill by 99.00. I wish I had stayed at the Grand Hyatt in the airport it's really nice and the service is the best! The heat came on at 7:30am as we were leaving. We ordered food and it was outstanding for airport hotel food.!

Room Tip: Maybe try one of the Hyatts at the airport, But this place has free parking for 14 days. Food is...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
I want to thank you for choosing the Westin DFW and for your loyalty to the Westin brand. We truly appreciate your business. On the night of 1/23/14 the city electrical grid encounter some challenges which created a loss of power for some businesses. While our hotel did not lose power the city electrical challenges created a surge that blew a fuse in our main electrical panel that provides power to every room thermostat. The electrical company was unable to attend to our needs until they fixed the source of the problem for the city. The electrical company was finally able to replace the fuse and restore power to the thermostats around 3am. While this unfortunate event was out of our control we realize that it was cold and that we are in the business of comfort. I wanted to apologize and thank you for your patience. We passionately want to meet and exceed our gusts expectations and it is disheartening when outside forces cause our guests such an inconvenience.

As for the "critter" We had a third party pest company inspect the room and nothing was found. We go to great lengths to prevent pests including daily inspections and weekly professional pest prevention.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Korean first
Conway, Arkansas
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I really enjoy staying at this hotel. Quick van ride to hotel, lobby very calm and relaxing. Great rooms and I think the beds are the best in the Westin chain. Like the Starbucks coffee and single serve maker. Good amenities.

1 Thank FlyMom10
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you for being a loyal guest and we appreciate the wonderful compliments. I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay. We take great pride in providing our guest with our Westin Heavenly Beds, so that our guest leave rested and replenished. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

We were in town for one night. This hotel was in a good location. After landing we were picked up by the shuttle service right away. It was a short ride with a very pleasant driver. The hotel was very nice and everyone was friendly. Our room was clean and the beds were very comfortable.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I'm glad that you enjoyed our convenient location and that you had a pleasant stay. We look forward to welcoming you again soon!
Reviewed January 19, 2014

This was my second stay at this property. It's convenient as to location and my first stay was better but this time they were grossly understaffed. It took longer than needed to get checked in. I had a suite which was nice but there wasn't even bottled water in the suite. The real problems started when I tried to order room service so that two co-workers and I could watch the BCS Championship Game. It was closed because they said they were so far behind. We went down to the bar to eat and watch the game but the service there was extremely slow as well.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. I apologize for what certainly seems like a less than desirable experience during your stay. I assure you that we value all our customers and none more than the loyal guests. I have shared these comments with the team and the F&B Managers are working to resolve these issues. This type of information is very valuable to us and I assure you we will use it to improve the experience for future guests. I do deeply apologize that we did not accomplish that in your case. We appreciate your loyalty to the Westin and we hope we get the opportunity to have you as our guest again in the near future.
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I stayed here a night before and a night after a recent trip. I booked thru Priceline and got a wonderful rate. The beds are very comfortable, the hotel is 5 minutes from the airport and there is a Denny's across the street.
Bar is nice and serves tasty food.
The only issue I had was the water did not get really hot. Since I stayed in 2 different rooms and the temp was consistent it must be a property wide condition. Should not be a problem though unless you like a VERY hot shower.
I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
We appreciate you for choosing Westin and we hope to get the opportunity to have you as our guest again in the near future.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Had a meeting at this hotel. The complimentary shuttle was very convenient. This was my first stay at a Westin. I was impressed with the quality of the room and the number of towels in the bathroom. I saw the planes flying over the hotel when I arrived, but I never heard anything once I was in my room. I slept comfortably. The staff was friendly. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
I am happy to hear that your stay was pleasant. We hope to have you as a guest in the near future.
Chalfont, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 10, 2014

If you're looking for a hotel about 10 mins from the airport, that's convenient to every major highway, that has a great atmosphere, food and service, security and more than adequate parking, this hotel is for you.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the wonderful comments. We hope to see you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Hyatt Regency DFW
Grand Hyatt DFW
#2 of 203 in Dallas
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,090 reviews
Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel

Been to The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport? Share your experiences!