“Tired”

Ranked #7 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Tired”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Staff were not friendly, and rooms are very dated. Lots of stains on the floor, the bathroom had stains in the tub and did not feel clean. Not what I would expect from a Westin, I think value for money was not there.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Tim28970
JPeets, Starwood Hotels at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations. Rest assured that I have shared your feedback with our entire staff so that any issues may be addressed. We hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Korean first
California
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Check in was great, shuttle service was fine. Bar was nice.

I was on the second floor and it was INCREDIBLY noisy. Apparently this is a dog friendly hotel, and there is nothing wrong with that, but I guess I was on the dog floor. The people across the hall had a couple dogs and every time room service or housekeeping came to the door, the dogs barked incessantly. Being on the second floor, I could hear everything from the lobby and from outside as well.

In my room the outlet in the bathroom looked like it was going to fall off the wall and I was unable to open the blinds.

Otherwise it was a very nice hotel, clean, great mattress, nice bar.

Room Tip: choose a floor about 4+ to avoid sound from lobby and outside.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Tiflalawi-Adventures
Thank you for your review, we truly value our guest feedback. I will be sure to share your comments with the rest of our team and I hope you will stay with us again in the future.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I flew into Dallas for one night and was very pleased with the Westin. Shuttle service was very reliable. Check-in was perfect. The clerk was discreet and professional. He never said my room number out loud (I appreciate this as a single traveler). He didn't say anything about my Priceline reservation. When I showed him my Gold SPG card, he offered me a free drink or extra points. The room was clean, comfortable and stylish. I checked out the gym and the pool on the top floor. The tv is a nice and big flat screen! The elevators work with no problem. If I am back in the DFW area again, I will definitely stay at this Westin.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure serving you and we hope to see you again soon!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Sat on hotel shuttle, waiting to pick up pilots at DFW E Concourse. At first, they didn't show up, and the shuttle headed to the exit. Little did I know we were going around to wait even longer. Pilots got on and said, "Hey this shuttle timing worked out great. Doesn't usually work so well." I didn't point out to them that we'd been actually been waiting, gone around, then picked them up. Not a big issue. Then, I walked into the lobby to check in. I was the first in line. Pilots came in well after me, as their bags were in the back of the shuttle. However, front desk staff refused to acknowledge me, and instead rushed to check in the pilots who were behind me. Even if I wasn't Starwood Platinum, I'd be offended. Spoke with manager on duty, Amy, who was very sympathetic and did all she could to make me feel like my business was appreciated. Had dinner in hotel restaurant and service was fantastic. So, net-net, it's a mixed bag. Will I stay here again or will I write a complaint to SPG? Not sure yet. Maybe both. Maybe neither. But the people who did care, did a great job. Unfortunately, the damage was already done.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Jim W
Thank you for your response. I am very disappointed that your check in experience was not what we expect from our associates and the Westin Brand. We will work to resolve this issue and we hope to see you again.
Indiana
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Great location. Nice bar area. Food was really lacking. Everything was either bland or over seasoned. Awesome meeting area and it is a nice that a staffer is always around to direct you to the right area. Frequent shuttles to every half an hour. Rooms are updated and comfortable.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your response and comments. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I have shared this feedback with the team so we can improve our dinning experience.
Cornelius, North Carolina
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Overall the hotel was fine - nothing special, but functional and quiet. Only issue was that the business center personnel were not very helpful. Requested the use of a conference room so my boss and I could hold a conference call and the business center personnel informed us the "charge" for 15 minutes of use would be $75.00
That seemed quite excessive, especially in light of the fact that we had two rooms for two nights at a standard rate.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. Please accept my apologies for not meeting your expectations. We are working with Westin on their new program called Tangent which will provide better alternatives for business travelers who want to have short meeting.
Glen Carbon, Illinois, United States
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Full service hotel with established staff who were very accommodating. Customer service was above average. Rooms were clean but temperature control in the room was a bit of an issue. Could not seem to keep room cool enough. Price was a bit high for amenities provided.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments. We hope to have you as our guest the next time you are in DFW.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Hyatt Regency DFW
Grand Hyatt DFW
#2 of 203 in Dallas
Home2 Suites by Hilton Irving / DFW Airport North
Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel

Been to The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport? Share your experiences!