“Stayed here twice”

The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport
Ranked #7 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I have stayed here twice, the service is excellent , they have a roof top gym and swimming pool, which i use when ever i visit. I visit mostly for business meetings in Dallas. This is one of my favorite place to stay. They have good breakfast, a nice bar in evening which is open till midnight and if you still need to eat something after midnight there is Denny's right across the street. Currently the GYM is under renovation, I am sure they will fix it very soon.

Room Tip: Stay on 14th Floor some of the rooms here are blocked for starwood members
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I was a bit disappointed and expected better quality for a Westin. The hotel was clean, furniture was OK but it just had a feeling of "old". I paid the extra $20 for an executive floor room but didn't see anything different other than a robe on the bathroom door hook. My room faced the airport runaways and had to get used to the plane noise. Great TV in the room though. Probably would not stay here again since hotels are plentiful in the area.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ranger937
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

I want to apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your last visit. We have a great deal of pride in our hotel and our service. We consistently receive high marks from our guests and I regret that you had this type of experience. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to provide outstanding service that our hotel prides itself on. I want to apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your last visit. We have a great deal of pride in our hotel and our service. We consistently receive high marks from our guests and I regret that you had this type of experience. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to provide outstanding service that our hotel prides itself on.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

The hotel was ok and wasn't anything special but it wasn't terrible either. Good place to stay for a Cowboys game as it wasn't that far from the stadium... parking at the stadium is another story. Anyway, not sure if we would stay there again but it was convenient to a lot of places we wanted to go so that factors in as well.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to lets us know about your experience while visiting our hotel. Our goal is for each guest to leave us refreshed and renewed. It’s our promise to you! I regret that your experience was not perfect and I assure you that we take all guest feedback very seriously and work hard to continually improve our service and hotel. We recently completed a refresh of our Westin Workout and added brand new equipment along with state of the art 42"HD LED TV's in every room.We would love the opportunity to have you as our guest again.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Recently stayed at the Westin for a wedding and found the hotel to be very accommodating for our needs. The only negatives were too soft of a mattress (says more about my back I guess) and bad luck on parking; uncle to the bride had his truck stolen from the parking lot. Bar and restaurant overpriced IMO but pleasantly surprised at the presence of Starbucks and complimentary Wall Street Journal for guests.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at several Westin hotels over the years and am usually happy with them - this one, however, was sub par.

The wait to get checked in dragged on even though the line was not that long. My Platinum status was briefly touched on but I wasn't offered an upgrade, although the hotel may have been packed so maybe one wasn't available.
I got to my room, which was a standard king, and noticed that the sink handle was broken. It still worked, but with some jiggling. No biggie.
I went downstairs to the bar, which was packed, for some overpriced drinks but great bartending service.
When I went back to the room to shower, I noticed that the shower/bath handle was all broken and weird, too. I made it work, but it also took some time.
The next day I used the gym, which wasn't too bad - clean with new equipment. From the gym you can see the rooftop pool, which was cool as it was on the roof, but it was very small.
I went down to have my key reprogrammed as I asked for a late checkout. After a long wait in the unusually slow line, I got it and went upstairs only to find that it didn't work. So back downstairs to another unusually long and slow line.
Back up and it worked again - post gym shower after some serious water handle jiggling and again to the airport after yet another long line to check out. See a recurring problem?
The shuttle driver was very courteous and informative.
I probably won't stay here again - the Element is always much better for Starwood properties, and the Hilton DFW Executive Lakes is not bad, either.
But avoid this place if you have a choice.

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to lets us know about your experience while visiting our hotel. Our goal is for each guest to leave us refreshed and renewed. I regret that your experience was not perfect and I assure you that we take all guest feedback very seriously and work hard to continually improve our service and hotel. We do value your Platinum Starwood Status and would love the opportunity to welcome you back and provide the outstanding service that our hotel prides itself on.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I decided to spend a little more money for a Westin and was terribly disappointed. The room was ok overall but nothing special, shower and bathroom was 2 star.

The staff on duty at midnight could not find my reservation until I read them my confirmation number...no refrigertator in room (except one they wanted 15 USD a night for). Wireless did not work and when I complained the staff was rude but finally sorted it out for me.

I would not waste my time or money here if I was you, go across the street to the Sheraton or even the Comfort Inn.

Room Tip: Free shuttle from Airport but most hotels give you that. My best tip is dont waste your money go els...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I have been made aware that you experienced an inconvenience during your stay. It is our goal to meet and exceed our guest’s expectations.It is imperative that we resolve issues quickly and with a spirit to serve. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to provide outstanding service that our hotel prides itself on.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a business meeting. Hotel provides a 24 hr airport shuttle and will transport to restaurants within 5 mile radius upon request (and a tip for the driver). Room was very clean and the bed comfortable. I did hear the airport noise- planes taking off and landing but wearing earplugs helped. Room service was good- I had the veggie burger. The only issue I had was that there are 4 elevators and only 2 were operating. Not good for a group of 250 needing to get to their high rooms. The wait for some was 20-30 minutes! When asked to turn on the other two, the request was refused.

Room Tip: Maybe the noise would have been less if my room did not face airport?
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Hyatt Regency DFW
Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas
Homewood Suites by Hilton Irving - DFW Airport
Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott
Home2 Suites by Hilton Irving / DFW Airport North

Been to The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport? Share your experiences!