“Getting tired” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 78 Hotels in Irving
orlando florida
“Getting tired”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed here recently for business. I am a Starwood member and try to use their properties whenever possible. Usually stay at The Element when in Dalls. While the Element is not a full service property it is so much nicer. The beds ar super comfortable hear and the hotel is relatively quiet for an airport property, but everything else is showing it's age. Gym equipment need some TLC. Mini bars no longer in use, but still in room. Tryied to get a key to keep some sodas in the unused mini bar but none were available. Many better choices in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to lets us know about your experience while visiting our hotel. Our goal is for each guest to leave us refreshed and renewed. It’s our promise to you! I regret that your experience was not perfect and I assure you that we take all guest feedback very seriously and work hard to continually improve our service. We are also in the process of refreshing our hotel. In the coming months we will be installing brand new equipment in our Westin workout as well as new 42" LED TV's in every guest room.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Korean first
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

If your traveling in and out of the DFW airport this is a great location. However be prepared to wait. We waited nearly 15 minutes to be greeted in the bar the night we arrived. The hotel overcharged for "incidentals" by $160 we are still waiting for the charge to be removed. We stayed 3 nights and did valet parking, we had to leave our keys at the front desk every time we arrived at the hotel and had to wait 2 out of 3 times for the valet attendant to return from who knows where to get our car. The hot tub was out of order the entire visit. On a majority of the floors the vending and ice machines were out of order. The fitness center was nice however the temperature was too high for people working out. The hotel was clean however due to our negative experience we will not be staying with a Westin property again.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
I want to apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your last visit. We have a great deal of pride in our hotel and our service. We consistently receive high marks from our guests and I regret that you had this type of experience. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to provide outstanding service that our hotel prides itself on. Please feel free to reach out to me the next time you plan a trip in DFW and I will make sure you are upgraded.
Global
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

I had to travel on a weekend for a business meeting. I convinced myself that things would be "OK" because it was a Westin.

The moment I entered the hotel, I knew that I was wrong. The staff are VERY friendly, and the service is good... I just would have hoped for the Westin brand of environment, rooms, etc.
I was working in my room and there was a TON of noise in the hallways. House keeping was working on the rooms and the slamming of doors happened for over an hour. I live in a major city -- noise is not new to me -- but it is jarring to have doors slamming and then my hotel room door shaking.
There is NOTHING in the area. A Denny's and a gas station (with mini-mart) are the only building other than hotels in the area.
Mini bar is empty, which means you need to go to the lobby for drinks or snacks.

Bottom line -- it is an airport hotel, and feels like it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I regret to hear that your experience in our hotel was not up to your standards. We take great pride in knowing that the most of our guests leave rested and replenished. It is important to us that our guests sleep well in our Westin Heavenly beds. Although, I am sorry about the noise I do see how that would make for a restless nights sleep. I will work with my team to address any acute noise issue that may exist. I appreciate your feedback and look forward to serving you again in the future.
As for our location we offer complimentary shuttle service to many activities. We are conveniently located near Grapevine, Irving, Las Colinas and many other areas that offer excellent dining, shopping and entertainment. We also offer our own unique and outstanding food and spirits in our Blue Fire Grille restaurant and lounge.
Arlington, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

We got a room for our 11th year anniversary. This is my second stay at this hotel. We loved it the first time ! The second not so much.... The ice machines on two levels did not work. My level was one of them. We had to go to three different levels to get ice. main reason we got a room was to go to the jacuzzi. Yes well that didn't work either. I'm really disappointed that a so called 4 star hotel would allows this. Very dissapointing!

• Stayed February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Please accept my deepest apologies for any equipment that may have been out of service during your stay. It is our goal to have everything in working order so that our guests can rleax and be revived. Unfortunately we were performing pre-season work on the Spa during your stay. I am happy to let you know we have completed pre-season work. We would love the opportunity to have you as our guest again. Please let me know the next time you are in the DFW area and I will make sure you get upgraded.
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

If you need to be close to DFW this hotel is a great choice. The first room I was given at this hotel was a little bit loud since it faced the runway. I called down to the front desk to request a new room, so they moved me right across the hall to a room that was much quieter.

The rooms here are very large, they have the typical, very comfortable Westin bed. The gym here was small, but very nice. It did get a bit crowded in the mornings that I was there.

The best part about this hotel was the breakfast. For Platinum guests they offer free breakfast, since there is no lounge, and it is excellent. The omelette station was fantastic and they had lots of fresh fruit.

If you need to be by the airport, this hotel is not a bad choice.

Room Tip: Request a room that does not face the runway.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Simi Valley, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

Just finished a stay at this hotel. The staff are very helpful and professional. The rooms are clean and well sized. Room service is fine and the restaurant is serviceable with a great staff who make you feel at home even when you're dining alone.

Very good value for money.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the other side of the flight path.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stayed for 4 days on business and don't have any complaints. I mainly slept in the hotel but the staff that i did encounter was nice and friendly.
My checkin was for Tuesday but after an early AM flight, i needed a quick nap before heading to the office. i called before my plane took off to ask for early check in. I was advised that it shouldn't be a problem because they weren't fully booked. When i landed, i went straight to the airport and they were able to check me right in. The "heavenly bed" that the Westin offers has ALWAYS been a favorite of mine and it was perfect for my nap!!
The rest of the days went by quickly but i was lucky enough to partake in the breakfast buffet one morning. They had a great selection of foods and fruits and i was sincerely satisfied with my meal. i even ordered room service one night after a long day of work. the bread pudding was FANTASTIC!!!
Best part about the location is that it isn't far from the airport and there is a 24 hour Dennys across the street. This may not mean much to some, but for a night owl like myself who seems to always miss dinner, this was a godsend.
All in all, i enjoyed myself but i don't think i've ever had a bad time at the Westin. I will say that the bathrooms seemed a little small to me. Either my memory of the bathrooms is bad or my stay at the Four Seasons the week before is clouding my judgment. Smaller bathroom aside, the shower head made up for it! i didn't want to get out!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Homewood Suites by Hilton Irving - DFW Airport
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,866 reviews
Home2 Suites by Hilton Irving / DFW Airport North
Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel
Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas

Been to The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport? Share your experiences!