“Lacking for the Price”

Ranked #7 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Los Angeles, California
“Lacking for the Price”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I stayed at the Westin DFW while traveling for work when I had a lat night and early morning, so I didn't have a lot of time to take advantage of the amenities. My main complaint is based on the four-star rating of the hotel. With these higher-end hotels, you don't get the included amenities (breakfast, free wifi, etc.) that the more affordable options use to get your business. That is supposed to be because what high end hotels do offer should be top-notch.

My room was clean and nicely decorated, but I wasn't wowed by any means. The robe and towels were super scratchy - clearly over-bleached. With rates that high, the hotel should know when to toss old towels and buy some new ones. Their cost cutting in that area was really disappointing as all I did was sleep and shower there.

The Bliss Spa toiletries were similarly disappointing. They left my hair dry like typical hotel shampoos. Again, that's one of the few things you are paying for, so I'd like to have shampoo that actually works well, rather than just paying for the name of the Bliss Spa.

That said, they really do have something with the heavenly beds. Super comfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciate our guests sharing their experiences, so that we know what areas we excel and what areas we need to improve. I hope that the next time your travels bring you to our area, you will choose to stay with us again and experience the service and quality that we are driven to provide. I am sorry that this stay did not meet your expectations. We look forward to your return and winning your loyalty.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Korean first
Wausau, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Recently spent two nights here. The hotel itself is very nice. Clean, comfortable rooms. A very nice restaurant/bar. Good conference rooms. Unfortunately, the area itself is pretty dull, though there is a gas station right across the street.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank wisctravfamily
Reviewed September 24, 2012

What a surprise... an airport hotel with friendly service, a great bar/resturant and a fast lobby coffee location with starbucks to get you out the door. Rooms a 'standard Westin' but that's OK in this location and a 50% the cost of the on airport Hyatts it is a great value too.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Ottawa, ON
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Many hotels to choose from in the Airport Area and the Westin in a good one. However, over $200 per night, so if you are on a budget, this may not be the best.

Did not have a chance to use much of the facilities, other then the restaurant/lounge which was very nice.

The free shuttle to the airport is much appreciated and should considered when evaluating the price.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I don't have a long drawn out, boring story about this place.....it was a typical Westin, quality throughout, no "problems"......just a nice stay with no hassles. I had a suite which was really spectacular, having taken some suite deal Starwood was offering. I really enjoyed the stay. I didn't pay for parking....I don't know if I am just lucky (handsome?) or they just changed the policy. I saw the valet area and it clearly stated the charges.....the rest of the parking lot had no barriers or gates....so I don't know what the deal is on that.

Room Tip: The suite was really sweet!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Denver
Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

Overall great stay - Stayed 5 nights in Sept 2012. Clean with super comfy beds! Stayed on the 11th floor, faint plane and road noise were not bothersome to me. But this was an issue for others in my group staying on lower floors. Breakfast was good, friendly and very welcoming staff. Only complaint: Took several days to acually get someone on the phone to address a billing issue (explaining the lower 'service' rating)

• Stayed September 2012
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to see that you plan to return and we look forward to delivering on our promise for our guests to leave 100% satisfied. I am sorry to learn that you had to wait to have your billing concerns adressed. We have reviewed this with our team. Your experience is valuable to our further developement. Thank you for choosing Westin. We look forward to your return!
Malolos, Bulacan, Philippines
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I was surprised to know that you have to pay 8 dollars for parking when their guest book clearly says you do not have to pay for parking..are they saying that their things inside the room is outdated? I would rather recommend staying @ Grand Hyatt...parking is free and they will cover the toll fees, and definitely great room.

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Michael C
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are in the process of updating our collateral to reflect the changes in pricing. I apologize for the incovenience during your recent stay. I sincerely hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again when your travels bring you to the DFW area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Hyatt Regency DFW
Grand Hyatt DFW
#2 of 203 in Dallas
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,090 reviews
Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel

Been to The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport? Share your experiences!