“Good overall”

Ranked #7 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Columbus, Ohio
“Good overall”
Reviewed June 4, 2011

I stayed two nights and with AAA rate was very reasonable for a Westin. The room and bed were comfortable, updated and clean. Parking is free. At check in they had a tray with individual cups of nuts and pretzels coated in white chocolate. Yum!
USA todays were delivered to room daily. I liked that the room had a safe for storing my laptop and electronics. There is a computer and printer in lobby for printing flight boarding passes. Beware and make sure when printing from lobby that bar code on your pass prints properly. On my pass the bar code graphic area didn't load properly and printed as an "X", causing minor snafus for me at airport.

I ordered a pizza and beer from room service at 10 p.m. one night and it arrived within 15 minutes. It wasn't the best I've ever had but for room service food it was decent and arrived quickly. About 11 p.m. I was getting ready to retire and my room phone rang. It was a follow up call from room service asking how everything was and wanting to know if I needed a tray pickup. I thought it was nice that there was an emphasis on customer service, but I also thought, who is calling my room at 11 p.m.? I'd have been annoyed if I was sleeping or something.

Parking in front of building gets crowded and there are few spaces to be found when arriving late in evening. I found it easier to park right next to ballroom entrance near rear side of property than trying to go in and out front door.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank shethang
WestinGM1, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this review, June 10, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to recount your experience at our hotel. We are pleased that overall you found the Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport Hotel to be a relaxing and renewing experience. We will certainly take your feedback regarding your stay to heart, particularly your concern about the in room dining follow up call. I can certainly see your point that a late night call might not always be appropriate. We appreciate your patronage and hope that when ever your travels bring you back to the Dallas Fort Worth area you will choose the Westin as you home away from home. Thanks again and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Korean first
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed May 31, 2011

The lobby is nice but past that, the carpets are dreary, the rooms are so bland. The beds certainly weren't heavenly, probably due to the age. The pool area was run down.
The bed linens were nice, the toiletries were okay and there was Starbucks coffee in the room. Housekeeping & the front desk were friendly & helpful.

• Stayed June 2010
2 Thank Cdsking
Dear valued guest. Thank you for your feedback. While I am deeply disappointed that you were not completely satisfied with your stay in our hotel I want you to know that your comments and concerns will be used to improve our product and service going forward. This kind of valuable is exactly what we need to ensure that we remain one of the best ranked Westin hotels in the brand. I hope that you will give us an opportunity at some point in the future to regain your trust in our hotel. We stand ready to exceed your expectations in every way. Thanks again and we look forward to serving you again in the future.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 30, 2011

If you're staying here and need to do a load of laundry, there's a washer & dryer tucked away in a closet in the fitness room that guests may use for free. It's in the closet marked "storage" across from the restroom. Detergent may be purchased at the convenience store across the street. My friend & I had quite an adventure trying to find the laundry room. We were told by 3 different staff members that it was on the 15th floor, but there were no signs indicating a laundry room and none of the staff directions were clear, so we looked in every logical spot in and around the fitness room and pool area. Finally, the 4th person we asked told us it's in the closet marked "storage". Not very logical, but I guess it's a well hidden secret.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank bryang73
Thanks for taking the time to provide us with this feedback. I am glad that you found our laundry and I apologize that it was so difficult to get you there. I appreciate your candor and we will make every effort to simply our directions and signage for future guests.
Corona del Mar, California
Reviewed May 24, 2011

Your stay starts with smiling Tony the Doorman. He will arrange for whatever you need and wherever you need to go. Marey and the others behind the bar are very friendly and remember your drink. The workout gym is tired and they need to invest in it. Great staff but property lacks amenities.

• Stayed May 2011
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 20, 2011

Been here a few times and it's not my first choice for the DFW area. The staff is a bit cold for my taste. Overall it's a pretty clean and well maintained property with pretty comfortable beds. The fitness room is nice, up on the top floor (although the elliptical machine was broken, and when I told someone at the front desk she didn't even write it down.)

The staff, including the front desk, the bell desk, valet and room service, have seemed pretty unconcerned about me when I've stayed here. I was asking some questions about being picked up from the airport after dropping off my rental car, and I swear it was like I was bothering them.

This place is an ok place to stay, but the Sheraton Arlington ten minutes away or even the Sheraton DFW across the street are better choices.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Toronto
Reviewed February 14, 2011

Everything about the hotel was absolutely fabulous. Free shuttle from the airport, friendly staff, nice decor... That is until I was awoken at 4AM by the guest next door showering. The noise from the rattling pipes was so loud that it woke me up and I thought something was going to explode! I went down to the lobby to ask what's going on and the manager tells me it's the "Heavenly Showers" -- 2 shower heads to conserve water. She explained to me that the other guest had to turn on the other shower head (which kind of defeats the purpose of the dual shower head to conserve water) or it'd rattle. I asked her if I could switch rooms but she said it's a problem in the ENTIRE hotel so she couldn't guarantee that moving rooms would solve the problem. She said I need to let the guest next door know to turn on the other shower head if it's making that noise.. Yeah, so I'm going to knock on a stranger's door and explain how to use the showers?!?! I asked them to check how long the person was staying and it turned out the guest was a flight attendant and was checking out that morning. So my sleep quality would depend on the next guest and whether or not they wake up early to shower. The next guest showered at 6AM.. Again, I found out because my washroom was rattling from the "Heavenly Showers".

Out of the 5 nights I was there, I can only say I got 1 night of quality sleep! As result, I went to my business meetings tired and sleepy! .... "Heavenly Shower".. They should really change that name.

That said, I've stayed at many Westin hotels and this is the only time I've experienced this. I would say this is isolated to this hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
WestinGM1, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this review, March 21, 2011
I want to thank you for taking the time to recount your experiences in the hotel. Although we do from time to time have issues that are unique to the operation of the hotel, I am deeply disappointed in our response to your concern. We take great pride knowing that we consistently rank amongst the very best Westin's in North America and I regret that we were not able to provide you with a renewal experience during this stay. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to regain your trust and confidence the next time your travels bring you to the DFW area.
Hendersonville
Reviewed February 12, 2011

Kudos to the staff at Westin DFW. For 3 weeks I was in and out with large company meetings plus one in the middle canceled due to ice. They handled it like champions. Responsive, service oriented, friendly, and creative. I am now a big fan!

• Stayed January 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Hyatt Regency DFW
#2 of 204 in Dallas
Homewood Suites by Hilton Irving - DFW Airport
Home2 Suites by Hilton Irving / DFW Airport North
Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott

Been to The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport? Share your experiences!