“VERY very VERY CLEAN”

La Quinta Inn & Suites DFW Airport South / Irving
Ranked #19 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Great experience. Clean, Quiet and a ride to airport and back !! Was there for adult trip to Vegas. Staff was very friendly and accomodating. Breakfast was nice and quiet. Drivers were very polite. Will be back !

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 5, 2014

This is a typical 'chain type' hotel expected in the US that offers reasonable rates.

I stayed for one night after a flight from the UK before an onward journey early the following day. I chose not to call the courtesy bus as it can take over 30 mins for pick up so I took a cab. If you choose to do this there is a minimum charge (20 dollars) because the hotel is only 10-15 mins drive from the international terminal.

Check in was smooth and the room was as expected - very clean, 2 double beds TV internet and a good size bathroom with shower.

There is no bar or restuarant, only coffee facilities. However the courtesy bus is available to take and pick you up should you wish to go out to eat/drink. Reception will give you recommendations.

No complaints, a pleasant and comfortable night stop.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I had business over the Christmas holiday and I spent a significant portion of my time at this La Quinta. The location is very close to the south entrance of the DFW airport and near shopping areas. Next door is a Denny's and the prices there were very reasonable with large portions.

But the highlight of my stay was the excellent staff. They were pleasant and courteous and unfailingly friendly. At one point I needed a ride to pick up prescrption meds and even my driver was courteous and prompt. Great bunch of people!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

I located your hotel via a website and looked forward to staying with you. However, once I arrived with a large family including babies at your hotel, I experienced complete frustration. We had a long travel day prior to check in with a 3 month old and 2 yr old. We had an early morning flight scheduled the next morning and I only wanted to get checked in and relax. When I met the girl at the front desk, she informed me she COULDN'T TAKE CASH! She said since I booked my reservation through a 3rd party online, they would have to collect from me on the 3rd party site. I had previously had difficulty using my card even though the $ was available. So I offered to pay her cash and that is what she said. It was an ordeal and made me feel I wouldn't have a room that night for my family or the shuttle we needed to the airport the next day. Regardless we eventually ended up with the rooms but then I had to pay the hotel directly the next morning! All that frustration and stress for nothing! The rest of the visit was good as I asked for a quiet area and out accomodationa were honored. This is a very clean but older hotel. The shuttle driver was prompt and helpful the next morning and dropped us off right where we needed to be for our flight. The location of this hotel is good as there are many food choices available nearby. It is kind of tricky getting to the hotel but once there it's easily accessible. I would have ranked this hotel higher if not for the front desk girl at check in.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank MMCMOM
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Took care of my daughter and granddaughter the were coming to visit us and the flight they were on was grounded and she had no place to stay the airport and airline told her she could sleep in the airport with a 6month old baby they had been stuck on plane for 12 hours. My daughter calle my at 2am crying I called this hotel and they got her a room sent a shuttle and made my daughter feel safe and got her back to the airport on time for her flight This hotel and management and staff took care of my daughter and baby granddaughter they went above and beyond thank you

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 17, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Campbell C
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed at this LaQuinta for only one night during a business trip in Irving, TX. There was a problem with the deadbolt on the door in my first room and the desk clerk gave me a new room immediately. My room was spacious, clean, and quiet, and the bed was comfortable. The LaQuintas where I have stayed don't have the luxury, fluffy beds and pillows that some places have, but this was fine. As usual with other LaQuintas, there was free wi-fi and free breakfast. It was very convenient to my meeting place and had a good variety of restaurants nearby. It was also very good value. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business