La Quinta Inn & Suites DFW Airport South / Irving
Ranked #13 of 78 Hotels in Irving
Juneau, Alaska
“Texas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I had one night in Texas on my way from Ecuador to Alaska and thanks to the La Quinta staff and hotel it was an enjoyable experience, the shuttle was fast and on time, both coming and going from the airport. A ride to a nearby restaurant for a Texas steak dinner was provided as well, just as I planned when I made my reservation. A morning swim and some sun started my day as I headed back to Alaska with the on time shuttle back to the airport.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank ekunibe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Winfield, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I called ahead and let them know I would be arriving and checking in late due to flight delays. I was told no problem. I arrived after 1 AM and desk clerk was on the phone for 20 minutes giving rate quotes to a caller. Looked up at me once and said,"Just a minute". He finally got done on the phone and got my reservation and asked if I wanted to keep the charge on my discover card. I told him I don't have a Discover card and he said yes I did. I told him to put it on my Visa and he handed me the registration card he had which noted Visa and had my correct information. He looked at it and said "well I thought it said Discover". This guy was out of his mind. In the AM I found there was no shampoo or conditioner in the room. Went to front desk and they found shampoo and then told me they don't supply conditioner. I then told the manager about the night clerk and he said, "wow, that's too bad". I went and packed and then checked out. Do yourself a favor and stay at the Hampton Inn across the highway. Much better hotel, great staff and the same price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Tom D
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Staff was pleasant. Breakfast buffet was OK, but not that extensive. I thought I had lucked out by getting a room at the very end of the hall, but that put my window facing the freeway, so there was a fair bit of noise. Room was clean, but could have used some updating. When I unplugged something from the wall, the entire outlet tried to come with it. Also, the bathtub faucet wouldn't stop dripping.

Overall, it was OK. I guess it's a decent value for the price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Corpus Christi, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel after returning from a vacation in Aruba. We had parked our car at the hotel since the parking was more economical ($5.00/day) than the parking at DFW. The hotel is very clean and fresh. Breakfast was the typical bright side noted at LQ Inns. It would have been better if it were a hot breakfast. The staff was very helpful and friendly. At check-in, I was upgraded to an executive suite at no charge to the second floor. My desire was a king size room on the first floor but none was available. The Wi-Fi in the room was free and had good strength. The shuttle to and from the airport was very convenient and quick but it runs on hourly intervals. The airport, DFW is about a 20 minutes drive away. The lady, shuttle attendant was very helpful with the luggage. There are some chain restaurants within walking distance of the hotel.

Room Tip: The suites are pretty large.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DennisTyler_Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Staff was very helpful, facility was nice. Our room was located on the third floor, there was an awful smell in the hall. We stayed for a week, the smell did not improve over the weeks stay. Our room was clean and the odor was not inside the room. We did not report the issue until late in our stay. Overall, we enjoyed our stay. We would stay again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Palestine, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This LQ Inn & Suites just south of D/FW airport location has a Excellent rating overall on everything including the airport shuttle service in our opinion. Check it out and there recent awarded servives on this location !!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family