“Very clean hotel , great rooms and friendly staff.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites DFW Airport South / Irving
Ranked #19 of 77 Hotels in Irving
ekibrush
“Very clean hotel , great rooms and friendly staff.”
Reviewed August 27, 2011

This hotel turned out to be a nice surprise.
When entering the hall you'll notice how shiny and clean the lobby looks like. A friendly member of the staff welcomed us right away. During my 6 day stay I haven't met anyone not friendly or helpful.
The rooms looks like they're all new or at least renewed. I have been told this hotel has been kept up very well. It's not a new hotel but it looks like it.
The room was quite large. Enoug space to put all your stuff there .
Breakfast is somewhat disappointing , especially to other LQI's.

I give this hotel 4 out 5 stars since the quality of the rooms were so good , airco was working perfect and it's overal feel was nice.

There's a shopping area at the next exit , plenty of restaurants and shops around.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Deerfield Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 26, 2011

I spent three nignts at this hotel. It was centrally located, close to food and the expressway. There is a Denny's next door and a free continental breakfast is available. I didn't have the free breakfast, so I can't coment on it one way or the other. The room was claen, beds comfortable, and it was a good value. I purchased through Hotwire and got a reasonable price. By the way this hotel is approximately ten minutes from the Dallas/Fort Worth Airport. Since the hotel is in the mid-cities, it's accessible to both Dallas and Fort Worth.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 18, 2011

i stayed here for 2 nights and it was great! very nice hotel, clean, bed is comfortable. i would highly recommend for you to stay here! good free breakfast and nice people up front. :D
5 stars :D

Room Tip: king bed ;)
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Mexico
Reviewed March 29, 2011

I stayed at this hotel twice during my trip to the US, and basically I stayed because of the good reviews I read in this web page.
Our first night was flawless, the hotel was clean, the room was also clean and the staff was really friendly and helpful.
The free shuttle is great and useful and there is also a pet smart and a Best Buy just crossing the street, also an Olive Garden is near.
On our second reservation (we made two different reservations for different days because we flew to Orlando and return to Dallas some days later) our room smelled like smoke or cigarrette and the bathroom was dirty, we went to the front desk and they immediately changed our room; our new room was clean as in our first night. I can really say that all the staff was really friendly and courteous, the girl driving the shuttle even helped me with my bags, I'm from Mexico and I'm not used to that :), she has nice eyes btw (don't let my wife know) This hotel is really good and I will definetely stay here again on my next visit to Dallas. You will get value for your money. Keep the good work guys!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Austin, TX
Reviewed January 19, 2011

I was quite satisfied with my two night stay at the La Quinta DFW Airport South. The location is great... You are right nearby a variety of restaurants, plus the Irving Mall is one exit away. We went to a concert at the Verizon Theatre in Grand Prairie, which was just a short drive down Belt Line Road.

The front desk clerk was very friendly upon our arrival, and had everything ready to go. Cleanliness is my number one factor in writing these reviews. Our room was very clean and well appointed. The bed was comfortable and had TONS of pillows...you can never have enough! Our floor was quiet, I never heard any other guests, loud music outside, etc. The room faced the highway so I was a bit worried about noise, but this turned out to be a non-issue.

Breakfast was tasty and standard La Quinta fare. I would highly recommend this hotel to any DFW area visitors!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Clayton
Reviewed November 23, 2010

For price this hotel is an exceptional value. It is very close to the airport. The hotels five mile radius shuttle service saved me a fortune over taxi fare. I highly recommend La Quinta hotels.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank LORAWCLAYTON
LaQuintaIrvingTexas, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites DFW Airport South / Irving, responded to this review, December 7, 2010
Dear LORAWCLAYTON,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We are happy to hear you were impressed by our cleanliness and shuttle service. We hope to see you the next time you are in Irving.

William Mitchell
Lansing MI
Reviewed November 3, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel a few times. I was treated very well at check-in and they were very friendly and helpful. I didn't have any problems at all during my 4 night stay, my room was clean, hotel lobby was clean, staff was super nice and beds were pretty comfortable. The continental breakfast was good with waffles, bagels, toast, fruit and milk and juice. The hot tub outdoors was rather cool one night but other than that, it was a great place to stay. No surprises no frills kind of place. Which was fine for me on this trip. It's in a great location with lots of restaurants close by and very convenient to the highway. I was super excited to find out they had a shuttle to the Cowboy's stadium on game days. That was a big plus for us since we didn't have to hassle with parking at the stadium. Over all I enjoyed my stay at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
LaQuintaIrvingTexas, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites DFW Airport South / Irving, responded to this review, November 12, 2010
Dear YOFLO40,

We appreciate the feedback on your stay with us. We are happy that we met your needs, and hope that you will continue to stay with us in the future. We strive to provide friendly and attentive service with spotlessly clean and well maintained rooms. Do not hesitate to contact us if we can ever be of service to you in the future.