“Roach motel w/ a nice gentleman working at the front desk.”

Crossland Studios - Dallas - Irving
Ranked #68 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We booked this hotel simply looking for a place to crash for a few hours before an early morning flight. I booked it quickly through Travelocity on my smart phone and did not do my normal due diligence...terrible mistake! Trust the other reviews...there were 3 cockroaches in my room and I left the bathroom and kitchenette lights on all night to keep others away. The room also had a definite smell and someone else in my party had small black hairs all over their bathroom.

Shoot for a 3 star or definitely don't get a 2 star "express deal" or "secret hotel"...There are other 2 stars that would be leaps and bounds above this one.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Studios - Dallas - Irving, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I apologize that the cleanliness of your room was unsatisfactory. I am sincerely sorry for your experience. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. I invite you to contact me, at dir@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you’re in the area.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Management, please don't tell me how sorry you are about my experience. Just fix the problem. By fix, I mean hire a reputable exterminator and close this place until you've irradiated your MASSIVE bedbug problem. I know for a fact that housekeeping and other customers have made you aware of it several times. If I bring bedbugs back to my home, my lawer will send you the bill.
The only ratings sbove 1 are for location (out of your control) and for the poor, mortified, but very courteous front desk girl. Give her a raise.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Navinjunior
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Studios - Dallas - Irving, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Please accept my sincere apologies that your room was unclean upon arrival. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that our team is working to deep clean each of our guest rooms and enhance our offerings overall. Still, I am glad that you liked our hotel's location and that our staff were helpful with your needs.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. I invite you to contact me, at dir@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

We booked a two week stay at @$40 a nite, the phone did not work but the cell phone carried the calls. The internet via free wifi was very slow unless you wanted to pay $5 a day or $15 a week for some higher cost slow anyway faster Wifi. The shower was very clean and the bed was good for sleeping but bring ear plugs for a quiet sleep. TV looked a lost till we realized that the channels did not start till 18 but we got some news a road weather conditions. Would stay again but check room location and room conditions before giving them credit card.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 1947Richard1965
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Studios - Dallas - Irving, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Dick - Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about the cleanliness of the room ; however, we apologize that the free Wi-Fi was not up to standards. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have contacted our internet provider to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at Dir @extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stayed in Dallas to catch a direct flight to PA to visit my s/o on Oct 31. Used hotwire to book the hotel. It's pretty close to the airport, and it was cheap. The rooms are decent size, and it was clean as well, although the air smelled of stale cigarette smoke. The kitchenette and bathroom were nice to have in room. The beds were not terribly comfortable though and the room decor is outdated. I had a first floor room, and at 11pm, shortly after I fell asleep, someone came and banged on my door, when I looked, no one was there. I called the front desk person and her reply was "maybe it was trick or treaters". At a hotel at 11 o'clock at night? I doubt it, even if it was Halloween night. Regardless, she said she'd come check it out. The other problem I had is that someone was smoking somewhere and the smell poured into my room. I'm not a smoker, and I know I'm sensitive to the smell, but I think that if someone's smoking, I shouldn't have to smell it.

All in all, you get what you pay for. I paid a cheap price and wasn't expecting much, so it's hard to be disappointed. I wouldn't pay more than $45 a night for a room here, though. If you're strapped for cash and need a decent place to stay, this is your place. Otherwise, spend a little more somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Kaleigh S
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Studios - Dallas - Irving, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Kaleigh - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Your comments in regards to level of cleanliness in your room and our hotel's ideal location which is close to the airport, are much appreciated. Still, I was disheartened to read that you were disturbed by a knock on your door late at night. My staff takes these situations very seriously, so I am glad that they looked into it for you.

Thank you again for your comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Went for a cowboys and broncos game ...looking to save $$ so .......Love my hotwire when I book my hotels, but this one was the worse place ever ...it ranked 2 stars on hotwire...I was looking to save $$ and well I should have payed more for clean and comfortable. We arrive saturday Oct 5,2013 outside looks descent looks great, as soon as I opened my door, the beds were not even made up, mattress were exposed, it smelled like a dirty old smoker drunkards place. I had to call front office to have beds made up, it was 6 o clockwhen we checked in Walls were dirty in the restroom, we were afraid to touch just about anything in that room, YUCK ... my husband woke up several times during the night for people out in the hall way arguing... okay back to the beds....HARD and UNCOMFORTABLE ...smelly, we went to sams club bought ourselves a blanket to sleep on ...my husband toughed it out on the other bed only to find himself smelling himself with disgust ...he could smell the oder and he is a smoker...it was bad bad bad.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tellit2myheart
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Studios - Dallas - Irving, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that the beds were not made and the room smelled of smoke and was noisy outside. I discussed your comments with our property team, and we are doing a deep clean process on our rooms, especially the smoking rooms. This will ensure freshness of our rooms when our guests check in.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

This place is nasty, unclean, horrible. I wound up here via Priceline name your own price. Of which was recommended to me from an employee from another hotel suggested I do to get a good rate. BAD IDEA! I wish I would have never tried to save a few dollars. Crossroads Hotel is horrible. Roaches in the room, when we first got here the toilet seat was broken, no telephone in the room, lamps did not work, no iron and board. Then they gave me a room right above the electrical room so it was noisy and non-relaxing the entire 7 days we stayed here. Management had bad things to say about Priceline, it was just not a good experience and I am glad we are finally leaving this roach motel today. DO NOT COME HERE.

• Stayed: September 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Studios - Dallas - Irving, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. I sincerely apologize that the toilet and lamps did not work and there was no telephone. Some of our hotels have iron and ironing board in the room and others are available for sign out at the front desk; I apologize that this information was not given at check-in. To prevent this from happening again, I and my team lead are inspecting each room daily prior to our guest's arrival. This will insure quality and compliance of room standards and amenities.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. I hope that you will contact me directly, at dir@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Stayed here back in April and finally getting around to writing a review. I booked this stay through Priceline bidding. Upon arrival I was initially assigned to a room that wouldn't be fit for anyone. The condition of the carpet, bed and bathroom were horrible. It smelled and the bathroom had hair behind the toilet. After complaining to the front desk person I was upgraded to a "better" room. Carpet was still in bad condition but the rest of the room was somewhat better. Bathroom still wasn't as clean as it should be. Didn't feel like switching rooms again and doubted whether there were better rooms so I went to the front desk again and asked for some cleaning supplies. The front desk attendant came to the room and cleaned the bathroom himself. He apologized and said they were having housekeeping issues. This experience has caused me to never again bid for a 2* in the Irving/Las Colinas area using Priceline in fear that this "hotel" may come up as the choice.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank CarlfromPA
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Studios - Dallas - Irving, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Carl - I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that your room was not cleaned to your satisfaction. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, my team and I are going to be working on improving our cleaning procedures as well as inspection policies. In addition, we are going to deep clean your room so these issues are not repeated.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. I invite you to contact me, at dir@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Crossland Economy Studios - Dallas - North Addison - Tollway
Crossland Economy Studios - Dallas - Mesquite
Quality Inn DFW-Airport
Quality Inn DFW-Airport
#64 of 77 in Irving
Red Roof Inn Dallas - DFW Airport North
Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North
Extended Stay America - Dallas - DFW Airport N.

Been to Crossland Studios - Dallas - Irving? Share your experiences!