“Don't stay here, unless you like sharing a room with roaches”

Crossland Studios - Dallas - Irving
Ranked #68 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed October 5, 2013

This place is nasty, unclean, horrible. I wound up here via Priceline name your own price. Of which was recommended to me from an employee from another hotel suggested I do to get a good rate. BAD IDEA! I wish I would have never tried to save a few dollars. Crossroads Hotel is horrible. Roaches in the room, when we first got here the toilet seat was broken, no telephone in the room, lamps did not work, no iron and board. Then they gave me a room right above the electrical room so it was noisy and non-relaxing the entire 7 days we stayed here. Management had bad things to say about Priceline, it was just not a good experience and I am glad we are finally leaving this roach motel today. DO NOT COME HERE.

• Stayed: September 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Studios - Dallas - Irving, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. I sincerely apologize that the toilet and lamps did not work and there was no telephone. Some of our hotels have iron and ironing board in the room and others are available for sign out at the front desk; I apologize that this information was not given at check-in. To prevent this from happening again, I and my team lead are inspecting each room daily prior to our guest's arrival. This will insure quality and compliance of room standards and amenities.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. I hope that you will contact me directly, at dir@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

There are newer reviews for Crossland Studios - Dallas - Irving

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Stayed here back in April and finally getting around to writing a review. I booked this stay through Priceline bidding. Upon arrival I was initially assigned to a room that wouldn't be fit for anyone. The condition of the carpet, bed and bathroom were horrible. It smelled and the bathroom had hair behind the toilet. After complaining to the front desk person I was upgraded to a "better" room. Carpet was still in bad condition but the rest of the room was somewhat better. Bathroom still wasn't as clean as it should be. Didn't feel like switching rooms again and doubted whether there were better rooms so I went to the front desk again and asked for some cleaning supplies. The front desk attendant came to the room and cleaned the bathroom himself. He apologized and said they were having housekeeping issues. This experience has caused me to never again bid for a 2* in the Irving/Las Colinas area using Priceline in fear that this "hotel" may come up as the choice.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank CarlfromPA
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Studios - Dallas - Irving, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Carl - I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that your room was not cleaned to your satisfaction. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, my team and I are going to be working on improving our cleaning procedures as well as inspection policies. In addition, we are going to deep clean your room so these issues are not repeated.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. I invite you to contact me, at dir@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I only stayed there for an hour before i could die of bad smell in the room..everything looked so dirty in the room.. I wasted 40 bucks on this ever sucking hotel.. The lady at reception was extremely rude probably because I was asian.. Guys!!! for 5 bucks more there are thousands better hotels/motels out there.. Will never ever go there again.. Bye bye forever

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Dany-Pak
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I read the bad review and it sounded like the different hotel I stayed in Mississippi. This location isn't the best but not too bad. Compared to the last hotel I was at this place is a good deal. the carpets is average, bathroom and small kitichen was clean. They supply enough pots, pans, dishes, coffee cups for two people. You will have to clean by hand or eat out. I chose to cook here. Wasn't as easy as being at home but it can be done. Tv is limited to basic Cable, about 25 channels and the internet isn't the fastest but fast enough to watch movies over the web. Coffee maker didn't work and was replace with new one.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Eric T
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Studios - Dallas - Irving, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Eric - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the cleanliness of our hotel and the ammenities we have to offer. As well, I am happy that you enjoyed the in-room kitchen and our convenient location. Still, I am very sorry that the coffee maker in your room did not work properly.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I have been staying at Crossland for almost two months now for business. I have always been treated very well. The staff here is awesome, they take care of you like you are family. I would recommend staying here if you need to stay for one night or for months. Anything I have needed they have taken care of and even recommend great places to go and eat. If you are ever in the Irving area and need a place to stay I would suggest you stay here at Crossland.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 290Sam
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I can tell you that the review above must have been written by an employee. I stayed at this hotel. It is a one star at best. The room they attempted to give me was yellow cigarette stained walls, stained horrible carpets, old dirty bedspread, small hard uncomfortable bed, burns on the counters and floors. What a joke.

When I went to change rooms I was told by the first person that it was the only room available. I went back up to it, then returned to the lobby. There were many rooms available, you can tell because the curtains are open, and the rooms are vacant.

So I got a second room. This one not quite as nasty, but still stained carpets, dirty old bedding, non working elevator, uncomfortable small bed. Holes in the walls patched but not painted, disgusting environment.

I would not stay here again. I would not bring children here. This place is terrible. Period

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank InterestingBusiness
DFWCC, Manager at Crossland Studios - Dallas - Irving, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that your stay here with us was an unpleasant one. In response to your feedback, I am currently addressing the issues you mention in your review. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at Dir@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Friendly staff. Decent location with average style restaurants nearby. Room isn't overly large but it is clean. Kitchen shows a little wear but clean. Shower and bathroom clean also. Bed is firm. Doors open to the outside but the area seems pretty safe.

Room Tip: Since rooms open right to the outside, I'd prefer a 2nd or 3rd floor room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Stan446
DFWCC, Manager at Crossland Studios - Dallas - Irving, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that we were able to accommodate you. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Crossland Economy Studios - Dallas - North Addison - Tollway
Crossland Economy Studios - Dallas - Mesquite
Quality Inn DFW-Airport
Quality Inn DFW-Airport
#64 of 77 in Irving
Red Roof Inn Dallas - DFW Airport North
Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Irving DFW South

Been to Crossland Studios - Dallas - Irving? Share your experiences!