No photo provided
Add it.
Motel 6 Dallas - Irving DFW Airport East
Ranked #61 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed January 11, 2012

We stayed here for one night before an early morning flight and booked it because we just needed a place to sleep for a reasonable price. Where to begin???
The floors were so nasty that my shoes were actually sticking to the tile and carpet. Counters in kitchenette and bath were stained. Hair in the sink and bathtub. The toilet wouldn't flush without almost over-flowing. When I called down and asked them to send someone up to address the problem I was told that they don't offer room service. Room Service???? Seriously??? I explained that this was not "room service" but a maintenance issue to which the front desk replied "You can come to the front desk and get a plunger to use". I would never stay here again and would not recommend to anyone at any price.,

Room Tip: Choose a room at another hotel!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank IsItFiveOClock

Reviewed May 22, 2010

For no more than what we paid, we were very happy. Only minuses were slow drains in the bathtub and kitchen area, and they advertised a full sized refrigerator. We got the regular size fridge you see in hotels. When I think full size, I think the size we have at home.
However, the staff was all very friendly and polite. Great service, and yes, the room was huge!
If we are ever back in Dallas, I will want to stay there again!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank NewMichele
Reviewed December 16, 2008

My husband and I stayed at The HomeGate (HomeSuites Inn) in Irving, Tx on December 12th thur the 15th. We where in town to see a Dallas Cowboy Game. The location of this hotel is great. Easy ride to see the game. Everything you would need is right there, including a mall, movies theather, Wal-Mart and resturants. The hotel it self is just OK. When we entered our room I felt that the maid could have done a better job cleaning the room. They serve muffins, donuts, and coffee for breakfast. But it ends at 9:30. I wouldn't stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 27, 2007

Upon arriving @ the hotel there was no info for reservation from Hotels.com, I had changed the room type the day before, the frontdesk clerk was very helpful by calling them, I also called them, it took quite awhile. The clerk gave us a temporary room to wait, and then accomodated us very well after the foul-up was corrected!

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 10, 2007

Title says it all. Good location, helpful and courteous employees, nice pool. Rooms are large and in decent condition but they aren't cleaned well at all. For example, the shower had at least three soap bars and wrappers from previous guests, I had a couple of encounters with cockroaches, surfaces like closet rods and out-of-reach parts of furniture were caked with dust and dirt, cigarette burns on the comforter (non smoking room!), etc. I checked in on a Friday evening and a large trash can in the courtyard was full with pizza boxes stacked on it. By Monday morning it hadn't been touched. That's probably where the cockroaches come from. Only because I paid next to nothing to stay here can I say I got my money's worth.

I am now noticing that this place goes by two names: Homegate and Homeplace. Why?

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Sulphur Springs TEXAS
Reviewed June 8, 2006

Our reservations were made over the internet. We checked in and viewed our room. The room did not have enought beds to meet the needs of our family as stated on the reservation. We checked out within 30 minutes and were told we would get a full refund. The next morning I called to verify and the manager said he would not refund or credit our credit card. We did not sleep, swim, eat, or even flush in their hotel yet we are being charged as if we did. The manager was contacted by the reservation company to get my refund and he refused even them. It is my opinion that this hotel cares for only getting money - YOURS - and not about meeting the needs of the customer. This manager is extreemely difficult to work with!

• Stayed: June 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
Houston, TX
Reviewed March 16, 2006

My stay at the Homeplace Suites was awesome. The room is a complete room with a kitchenette, flat screen television, and sofa bed. The staff was helpful in everyway possible. The location is perfect. There is a Super Walmart right next to the hotel and several restaurants in the area. The mall is right across the highway. For the price I paid for my stay there and what they have to offer, very few hotels can beat them.

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled on business