Sleep Inn DFW Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanfree shuttledfw airportfree hot breakfastroom doorfront desk staffwaffleshot wateran early morning flightstayed here for one nightindoor poolexercise roomfirst floorgreat customer servicetexasvanrates
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 15, 2008

Hotwire advertised this hotel as 2 1/2 star. This is really a 1 star hotel. Very run down. Furniture is at least 20 years old.

Stayed: February 2008
1  Thank hotelking08
Reviewed November 27, 2007

Usually Sleep Inns are clean and good value. This one you should certainly pass. Carpet filthy, mold in the room, bedding awful, sheets, pillows, towels all thin and worn out.
Light bulbs out, doors need adjusting, we ran out of hot water. I enjoyed the waffles, but I'll get them somewhere else. Another "Patel" hotel but this Patel needs to straighten up or get out of the lodging biz.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 9, 2007

The hotel was fine-- good size, clean, loved the shuttle.

But if you arrive, as I did, without a car, be aware-- there is no restaurant nearby. I had to walk on a busy overpass to get to an unpleasant Denny's for dinner. The Westin and Holiday Inn (across the overpass) both have restaurants. Just be aware that you need a car if youstay here, or a willingness to walk aways in the Texas sun.

That said, the Holiday Inn has a very nice happy hour! Free food!

Stayed: July 2007
Reviewed June 24, 2007

Room 129, which the hotel clerk announced as we were handed our keys, reeked of mildew upon entrance. Whatever Febreeze product they used couldn't cover it up. We had just come from friends fighting a similar situation and recognized it immediately. No other room was available, and we needed to sleep immediately, so we covered our faces with the sheets and blasted the air conditioner for our 6 hours of sleep/layover. The smell was still there in the morning when I pulled the sheet from my face.

Also, the airport COURTESY VAN signs really are problematic at the airport. They are at extreme ends of the terminals--we couldn't see them from the baggage claim area. It'd help if the desk clerk had been more specific rather than speaking in generalities. I doubt that they've been to the airport or know the set-up.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank cinzian
Reviewed March 27, 2007

This hotel is one of many in a "hotel 'hood" near DFW that cater to exhausted and stranded travelers. I had stayed at the nearby Ramada compliments (and I use the word with a touch of sarcasm) of the airline, and this time, on my own dollar, decided to sample another of the properties in what I call "desperation row."

I contacted the hotel around 10 PM from the airport and was told to wait outside the terminal doors as the shuttle was in the area and would be along "in a minute." This translated to 40 minutes in actual
time. In case you are a stranded traveler and are reading this take note: when you exit the terminal follow the signs to "courtesy van" area. This sign, at least where I was waiting, was unlit, grey and almost invisible in the dark. It was about a half-block away from the terminal doors, where the desk clerk had told me to wait. I would
have seen the hotel shuttle in any case, but would have had to trot quite a ways down the street to catch it. (Thanks to the anonymous parking lot shuttle driver who clued me in to wait 'at the grey sign.')

The hotel has a well marked 9-(or so) passenger van -- the kind you have to hoist yourself up into, and pray your skirt is long enough to cover your dignity as you haul yourself in (whatever happened to those little plastic stepstools vans used to use?) and that you are not going to have to sandwich yourself into the last spot. The driver
was polite and genial, even asking each person "How was your trip?" (Since his clientele must be mostly disgruntled passengers who are staying in the area because of misfortune, I have to commend his upbeat attitude.) The trip to the hotel took about ten minutes.

Check in was efficient and the desk agent was pleasant, although she had not been taught guest security guidelines: as she handed each guest a key she announced the room number. As a woman traveling alone, and assigned a room with a window at ground level off the parking lot, I was not happy with the broadcast of my location. Also, when I returned to the desk a few minutes later with my frequent guest card I was told there was no way to add the number to my folio and that I would have to call the main Choice Privileges office. (This is not true, but unless you know how to instruct the staff member how to add the number into the computer it is easier to contact the main office.)

When I opened the door to my room my first impression was that it smelled like urine. Human urine, dog urine? It was not fresh or overpowering, but lingering and unmistakable. I own dogs and cats, I know lingering urine smells. I also know how to expunge them, and will send information on my favorite product to the hotel management.) You may wonder why I did not immediately return to the desk and ask for a new room. I considered it. I turned on the AC, which worked well and brought in fresher air, examined the bed, which
passed my inspection, and decided that the bed was more enticing than
the effort of confronting the desk about a change of room. Did I mention I had only six hours before I had to leave? If I was going to stay longer I certainly would have changed rooms. (In my experience it is often trading one defect for another in this price range.)

The carpeting, walls and bathroom floors showed signs of wear. The shower was clean, had good water pressure and plenty of hot water. There was a refrigerator and microwave, although I did not check either of them out. The desk area was good sized and the free WiFi worked well. The bed was your garden variety hotel standard bed with clean sheets and flattish pillows. The television worked and had a good variety of channels.

I requested a wake up call and received it on time. Check out was fast and efficient. The shuttle picked me up at the promised time. I saw that there was a complimentary breakfast but I left too early to partake of it. The listed hours are 6 AM to 10 AM. I also noticed there was a coin-op laundry for guest use, and a pool. Beverage and snack vending machines were located next to the ice machine. There was a good variety of snacks and carbonated beverages at reasonable vending machine prices.

Would I recommend this hotel to a friend? Yes, if stranded this is an OK place for the price. Next time -- and with air travel you just know there will be a next time -- I will try another hotel to see if it will supplant this one's place on my list. I'll let you know how that goes.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Tat8er