“Good for short stay”

Sleep Inn DFW Airport
Ranked #45 of 79 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed May 25, 2013

This place fit the bill for me. I was coming in from out of town to catch an early 6am flight at DFW. I did not want to spend a lot of money for a few short hours. They allow me to park my vehicle for the duration of my trip. I don't have to get mixed up in the airport traffic. This perfect for this option. I am here to rest my head for a few hours.

To stay in this hotel for an extended vacation; for me , that would be an absolute no for reasons stated by other reviewers.

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed May 20, 2013

This property is pretty outdated. I can sleep on almost anything (including the floor) and these beds were pretty awful. The price was good but for reasons I guess. Pretty bare bone stay and good if you're only staying one night. The staff was really nice. Not very helpful but defintely friendly. Unless they updated and got new beds, I wouldn't stay at this property again. My back hurt for days afterwards.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stayed at the Sleep Inn the night before an early flight out of DFW. I was pleasantly surprised considering the very reasonable price. The room was quiet, the bed was good, plenty of pillows. Lots of lighting and I did not have to play detective trying to figure out how to turn lights on. Also PLENTY of electrical outlets for charging phones, etc., and the complimentary Wi-Fi worked perfectly. Bathroom and shower were clean. A/C worked great. Complimentary breakfast was very good with an assortment of hot and cold foods plus coffee, juice, yogurt, etc. Waffle maker, too. The hotel offers a park and fly package, but for security purposes I opted to leave my car at "The Parking Spot" which is right across the street. It could not have worked out better for me. The only reason I did not give 5 stars is I noticed some cobwebs on one of the sprinkler heads in the room and also in the corner of the bathroom.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Melinda L
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Definitely a barebones property. No tub, just a shower. No fridge. No microwave. Very slow wifi. Very limited channel lineup on TV - foxNews but no MSNBC. No Comedy Central.
Hallways noisy at night - a problem because the rooms are not well soundproofed.
Still a good value for the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Texasleaguer
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I've stayed at many Sllep Inns over the years and this was below average when compared to others. Funishings were dated and carpet was due for replacement. Any green space in the back parking area was covered with dog feces. We had kids who wanted to blow off steam after a day in the car and had run around on the pavement in order to avoid the dog waste. Pool was tiny and was told it closed at 9PM. I suspect this wasn't the truth - because of the pools proximity to the front desk, I think the desk clerk didn't want to have to deal with the noise of kids in the pool. Anyway, for the price it was overall tolerable although there are many other hotel choice within a few blocks.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bill W
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We stayed two nights here.
The first night was not a good experience with the room not being fully cleaned, a broken window which we didn't realize was cracked open throughout the night, and the vending machine not working well.
The staff was nice when we were checking out and the next night which we had already booked previously we stayed in a different room that was clean and in better shape over all. It was also closer to the pool.
The pool was warm and we had fun. The hot tub was hot but too many bubbles formed within minutes.
The breakfast was a more than continental and included things like plain eggs.
There was a computer in an open area but the internet connection was either super slow or non working.
Overall an ok stay but very worn out place.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank muchfuntotravel
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I stayed five days on this place. It's simple but clean, the breakfast don't offer nothing besides the basic and during the nights other guests make a scandal (every night they fight, slamming the doors and yelling) and the staff was to shy to interfere. In my last day, somebody brake the driver window of my car and stole what was inside. They said they have security cameras on the parking lot but wasn't responsible for it and worst, didnt give me ANY assistence. So no, I don't recomend this place! For the same money you can find better rooms close to the airport.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo