“Great Hotel!”

Ranked #4 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Boston
“Great Hotel!”
Reviewed May 18, 2009

We only stayed one night as we checked out of the hotel we were in dowtown beacause we were not happy with that hotel. We were upgraded to a wonderful suite at the Omni on the 20th floor with great views. Hotel, staff, service, food at the restaurant, all were excellent. I won't stay any place else next time we are in Dallas.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
Plano, Texas
Reviewed March 7, 2009

Nice hotel. Very comfortable and spacious room. Nice view of immediate area with Dallas off in the distance.
Staff was friendly and efficient.
We had a suite, with separate sitting area. Nice balcony views. Comfortable bed. Nice bathroom.
Highly recommended in you are staying in the Las Colinas area.
Dinner was also a wonderful experience.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Arkansas
Reviewed February 8, 2009

My husband and I stayed here for our 1 year anniversary. We loved everything about the hotel and location. It was beautiful and the staff were wonderful!

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Baltimore
Reviewed December 22, 2008

I stayed at the Omni Mandalay for two nights Dec. 2009. I booked the hotel on their website and was upgraded to a suite at no charge. From the pleasant check-in staff, to the breakfast staff in Trevi my last morning, everything was first class. It was lovely to be greeted with a smile and a how are you from every staff member we encountered. Beautiful lobby, spacious room with first class amenities, really top notch breakfast buffet in Trevi, clean rooms, nice hotel bar. Concierge not only gave us brochures for shopping areas as we requested, but gave us printed directions and coupon books. Fast elevators, which is important when you're tired and just want to get to your room. Piano player in the lobby area was so nice to listen to while enjoying a glass of wine. I will search for a reason to return to Irving so I can enjoy this hotel again. Having traveled as a career military wife, and extensively since retirement, this is truly the best hotel I've had the privilege of staying in.

• Liked — Spacious room, great staff, so eager to help in any way.
  • Disliked — I liked everything about the hotel.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Manhattan Beach, California
Reviewed December 9, 2008

Beatiful spacious hotel and room. Room had a nice view of Irving from the 17th floor. The pool and hot tub were a plus. Free parking and minutes away from some great restaurants. The canal that feeds into the lake is nice to walk along.

• Liked — value, room size and pool.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Carrboro, North Carolina
Reviewed October 2, 2008

The purpose was business and the requirement for lodging selections was to be close to my meeting site, to be walkable, hotel van service for short hops (I didn't want to rent a car or spend more $ to take a taxi to my meeting), and above average TripAdvisor ratings. The Omni Mandalay met all these requirements.

Mornings and evenings were spent walking along the canal and I sensed no safety issues. A handful of local restaurants were within a one block radius of the hotel -- so you can avoid the high priced restaurant in the hotel.

I dined mostly in the hotel and banquet style breakfast in the hotel as stated above was pricey and easily forgettable. I found the breakfast chef arrogant, slow, and inattentive to my requests. Room service lunch was greasy.

However, I found other hotel staff as attentive and professional. I requested and was able to check in at 8am and arrived at a clean room (unlike one of the other TripAdvisor posters whose room was not clean). Once entering the room there was fresh fruit and a lovely welcome note. However, the note didn't have my name on it -- it was for another business traveler that canceled their reservations. Nonetheless, I enjoyed the treat.

Would I return? Yes. Will I dine at the hotel? Probably not.

• Liked — Location, cleanliness, quality accomodations
  • Disliked — Food
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 1, 2008

If you are visiting Dallas and want a little more comfort for your money the Omni Mandalay in Irving is a great pick (and if you are actually mainly visiting Irving, like I, even better yet!). The hotel is located about 20 driving-minutes from downtown Dallas, and about 40 minutes from Fort Worth. The Millennium business park/Urban Towers is technically in walking distance (10 or 15 minutes), though you should take your time if you don't want to break out in a sweat in the hot Texan climate.

When I booked my room I decided to upgrade to a suite, and I would recommend for everybody to do the same as it is only marginally more expensive and a lot of value for your money. The suite is extremely spacious (I would guess about 500 square feet), with a King size bed, 2 sitting areas, 2 TVs (for the TV-obsessed), mini bar, a large bathroom, separate entrance area, and a dressing/drink preparation area (for lack of a better word). My particular room also happened to have a stunning view of downtown Dallas, Fort Worth in the distance, and the Las Colinas area of Irving itself.

The staff was very helpful, especially for making dinner and transportation arrangements.

I didn't try the hotel restaurant, but the menu looked very appetizing. There are also a few restaurants (really few, though) in walking distance on Las Colinas Boulevard, but other than that the local area has no night life to speak of (personally, I went to Dallas in the evening).

All in all, the Omni Mandalay is a great place that offers excellent value and exceptional comfort not too far away from the Dallas metropolitan area.

• Liked — Spacious room, great view, great staff!
  • Disliked — Not much to do within walking distance...
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Downtown Dallas
Omni Dallas Hotel
Omni Dallas Hotel
#5 of 201 in Dallas
Oak Lawn
Hotel ZaZa Dallas
Hotel ZaZa Dallas
#3 of 201 in Dallas

Been to Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas? Share your experiences!