“OU/TX football weekend”

Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas
Ranked #3 of 79 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Fifth year in a row that I stayed here with the OU Alumni club for the weekend. Hotel staff always very friendly and helpful. Would highly recommend the Omni Hotel to everyone for a very pleasant stay.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
Write a ReviewReviews (2,454)

Reviewed October 15, 2013

This hotel is very comfortable. I enjoyed my stay and would stay here again. The front desk was very helpful and the rooms were roomy and clean. My company is close by and it is only one of the hotels approved to stay at. I always pick this one if there is availability.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I was given a big but strangely positioned room. The main entrance face the bathroom, before you see a big hall that is fitted with big sofa set and bed. Then make another L-shape turn and you discover a small kitchenette and a funny small door-less room. And at the end of it, you found another door that leads to another public corridor! Not to mention that all the light switches are oddly placed and difficult to locate. The frontdesk sent a hotel staff to assist me, even he took a long time to locate all the light switches! I was not quite please with the arrangement. Nonetheless as I arrived past midnight, I thought I would settle with it. Then came the next frustration - it took me more than 2 hours on the phone with the helpdesk to get the interneet working. Should I return to the area, I promise I won't be staying here.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2013

stayed here for long weekend celebrating my Mom's birthday and seeing the Denver-Dallas NFL game. Hotel is outstanding as is their service. Reasonably priced and the service was great. Nick at the front desk took special care to ensure that all four rooms were what we requested. At last miute I asked them to arrange transportation to the game. They came through in grand style.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Hotel and facilites all great except elevator. Delays getting up and down to room. No available food choices but one expensive in hotel. Have to travel distance to eat. No other activities around as area is condo/business buildings.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our weekend at the Omni. The rooms are quite large and the beds are nice and firm. Everything was clean, and staff was extremely friendly. The have several employees stationed at the front doors, who greet you and open the doors for you as you come and go, it's a very nice touch. It helped this Sooner fan get over an unpleasant experience at the Cotton Bowl!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Very bad hotel!!! I don't ever write these reviews but this hotel and it's staff were so garbage I felt compelled to do so. The ceiling in the bathroom was literally covered in thick black mold!! I spoke to the hotel manager Anthony, who sent one of the employees, Sean, to clean it, and instructed him to simply remove it by using a rag and water... When I asked Sean, if he used any other cleaning product he admitted that he didn't even use soap! I was speechless, and I asked if that was the proper way to deal with this issue and his response was if you a have call the front desk.... I took many pictures of the terrible mold problem in the bathroom, and intend to forward them to the state of Texas health authorities, who like myself don't feel that it's sufficient use simply water to deal with of a serious mold in a hotel room.
Next we have the mini bar where items like the bottled water are only slightly expired by say, 3 years!!! Yes 2011 was the expiration date of every single bottle of water placed in the minibar. This wasn't an isolated incident either considering they bottles placed in the mini bar after I removed the original ones were also expired in 2011!
I wish I was done but there's more, so here's a list of what else:
• both the hot and cold water taps for the sink were scalding hot
• other than the expired water, nothing absolutely not one thing was replaced over 3 days in the minibar
• the dry cleaning & laundry that I gave in Saturday morning came back Sunday night unwashed or pressed and only was returned after I called and asked where it was already
• huge filthy stains on the carpets in the room

After the mold, the expired products, the plumbing issues ect .... After speaking with the manager in the am and 25 min of holding on the phone in the evening, I was graciously offered a wonderful upgrade into the exact same room on a higher floor!
This place should be ashamed to call itself a 4 star resort because if you can't offer a clean room, proper adherence to the state health codes functional plumbing and non expired beverages it's my view you should not be operating.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Mrfletch01
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West
Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas
NYLO Irving / Las Colinas
Aloft Las Colinas
Aloft Las Colinas
#27 of 79 in Irving
The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport
Dallas Marriott Las Colinas

Been to Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas? Share your experiences!