2,622 results
All reviewsmokara spaselect guestlas colinaslake carolynbeautiful hotelchocolate covered strawberriescorner suiteturn down serviceself parkingroom servicebreakfast buffetbusiness meetingfitness centerbed was very comfortablefour seasonsdfw airporttrevi
Reviewed July 5, 2008

We had an amazing 2 night stay at the Omni over the 4th of July. For starters, the hotel is extremely child-friendly, more so than any other hotel we've stayed at. Upon arrival they gave our 2 year old a little backpack containing toys, treats, and activites to help keep her busy. In addition, if requested at the front desk, they also offer additional toys and books and even have outlet covers to child-proof your room. Then, in addition to the beautiful pool overlooking the lake/canal, they also have a playground. Plus, they have activities for the kids, at least the weekend we were there. They had storytime, a time for ice cream, and other events we didn't have time to participate in. We also loved our room. It was very clean and nicely decorated. It was a suite, and it was a nice size with a walk-out balcony and a beautiful view overlooking Las Colinas. It was also well laid out, with the sitting area separated from the bedroom area by a wall, so it was easy for us to put our 2 year old's pack-n-play in the sitting area and not have her be bothered by our lights and the TV. It was also a great hotel to stay for the 4th of July. They offered free VIP tickets which gave you front row seats to the Irving orchestra, followed by front row seats to watch the wonderful Irving fireworks display afterwards. It was a very relaxing and enjoyable time for all of us.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2008

I recently stayed at the Omni the night of my wedding. What a wonderful experience. I booked during a promotion and got one of the king suites for half the normal price. They were very accommodating and allowed us a late checkout the next day. They also left us a very nice bottle of champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, and a not from the hotel manager congratulating us on our marriage. The bed was very comfortable and the room overall was exactly what we were hoping for. Additionally, they were helpful in holding onto some things for us. We left my tux and my wife's wedding dress at the concierge for pickup later that day and were tremendously helpful in this way. All in all it was a great night. I'm anxious to find an excuse to go back.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2008

Just stayed there for our one year anniversary!! From the moment I called for reservations we were treated like gold!! We were upgraded to a Mandalay Suite at no charge and it was awesome!! The check in/out process is the easiest I have ever seen. Anything you request is done instantly! Chocolate covered strawberries, wine and a nice note congratulating us on our anniversary were waiting for us in our room. The bed was the best I have ever felt in a hotel room. The pool is awesome, right next to the lake. The breakfast buffet is great and reasonably priced for a hotel. The concierge knows the area and can send you to great restaurants. We will definitely go back again. It was worth the money.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed April 19, 2008

I am a selective/picky traveler and I booked this hotel through priceline because of the good reviews on Trip Advisor. I was MORE than happy with the GREAT hotel Omni has at Los Colinas! The employees were so awesome--they were all so friendly and loved their jobs. I paid $139/night through priceline and when I arrived I asked, after I gave my name, if there were any upgraded rooms available. The next thing I know, I was put on the 26th floor corner unit (room 2602). Wow, what a spectacular view and talk about quiet. I didn't see one other person on my floor the entire time of my stay! I booked two services at the spa. The first day I arrived, I had a deep tissue massage with Mary. She was great. One of the best massages I've had in a long time! Plus, I received 25% off for my 1st visit to the spa--this is an April 2008 special I got from the website and booked before I arrived at the hotel. The massage was just like the ones at Glen Ivy Hot Springs in CA. The next day I had a facial with Kim. My skin has not looked this good in a while! The spa employees were so nice they told me the best place to eat Thai food. A few blocks away from the hotel is a fabulous Thai Restaurant. I had the Coconut Chicken soup and Chicken & Broccoli--to go so I could eat in my beautiful room with the view. I was on this trip by myself for a memorial/funeral so not the best of circumstances but my stay at the Omni was very comforting and the people were warm and genuine. I would go back to the Omni at Los Colinas in a heartbeat!!! I can't wait to try other Omni hotels like the next time we go to Hawaii. I usually book hotels like Westin, Sheraton, Hyatt or Marriott's. The Omni is up there with them in class and charm.

• Stayed: April 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed April 3, 2008

I got my room through Priceline for $88 total. I was expecting a super wonderful experience. I checked into my room and in less than an hour a maid quickly knocked on my door and then entered before I could respond. She did not have a cleaning cart so I am left wondering why she needed in. The view and bed were good. Bathroom was mostly clean. The tub was peeling around the drain and the ceiling had mold marks on it. No fan, super sauna shower experience. I tried the hot tub outside and it was only slightly warm with two jets running. I would never pay the $500/night price that was given on my room's door. I've had better experiences with cheap motels, breakfast included! Also this place is for people who check out early. I had a maid knock to come in and clean, told her when I was leaving, and I got two more knocks before it was even near the time I gave.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business