“Beautiful hotel, great service”

Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas
Ranked #3 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The Omni in Las Colinas is a great hotel. The rooms are nice and large, clean and well-appointed. The staff is friendly, check-in and check-out were both really quick. I have stayed here twice for business and would stay again with no hesitation.

Room Tip: Join the Select Guest program for free Wi-Fi and a free morning beverage delivered to your room - re...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed June 25, 2013

This was my second visit to this hotel and I was even more impressed and delighted with my visit this time.

I travel frequently for both business and pleasure and this may be my favorite hotel I've stay at.

The Good:

The lobby and public areas were fantastic and well maintained
The location is close to the airport but feels hundreds of miles away in the quaint private section of Irving Texas.
The rooms are very tastefully decorated and well appointed. Modern and plush
The staff was unbelievably friendly and accommodating, I didn't have a single experience that was less than pleasant and professional.
The restaurant food was fantastic
The service even better.
The pool area was serene and well maintained
The gym and workout areas were clean, many choices for equipment.
The place never felt crowded

The bad:

Absolutely nothing. Great trip, great hotel and wondeful pleasant staff...

Room Tip: Upper floors give a beautiful view of the canals and lakes. the monorail is pretty cool
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We have been here before and had loved it that time. I am happy to stay that we still love it after subsequent visits. The hotel has excellent location and decor. Bear in mind, it is not in downtown Dallas, but it is quite close to the DFW airport, but still not very close! There is no big city hustle and bustle right next to the hotel, but all good things are less than 10-15 min by car and it is quite easy to get around from this hotel. I would say, I am impressed by the roads in the DFW area (other than I-635 which seems to be chronically congested and always under construction!!!). Irving is a great location to stay in Dallas area.

It is great place to relax and chill, either as a couple or even with the kids as a family. There is a great lake which the hotel sits right next to and our room has always had a great view. On site food is good and there are several very nice options (new since our prior visits) nearby (walking distance). I believe it is connected to downtown by a train ride nearby, although we have not availed it since we always had our car.

We love to take walks around the hotel, along the lake. There is a nice walking trail there. Its great in the morning and we found it safe in late evenings too. There is small kids play area in the hotel, outside near the lake and some nice flowers there.

During one of next visit, we plan to use the Mokara spa.

Room Tip: Get a high floor room, the view is amazing.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank bondj303
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I'll just start from the moment we checked in. We had booked a King Murphy Suite with the Mandalay Escape pkg. included (the nicer room was the same price as a regular room this particular weekend) and they promptly greeted us and sent us to our room. The room was very nice but we have stayed at this property before and prefered a room with a view of the Dallas skyline. We chose to take a regular room on a higher floor with that view instead and they made changes. We were celebrating our Anniversary so we were traveling without kids and looking for some quiet romantic time together. At bedtime, the concierge came in and gave us turndown service, scattered rose petals on the bed/floor, brought champagne, assorted truffles and cookies, turned on romantic music and furnished us with robes. The entire hotel always smells so good and fresh. Very clean and well kept. Beautiful flowers and greenery are all over the place and at night a pianist entertains the guests in the lobby. Most of the travelers while we were there were couples. Things were very quiet and enjoyable. The pool area was super clean and the young lady working in the pool area was very nice and helpful. We enjoyed pina coladas and also ate lunch ordered poolside. The whole are around the hotel is nice and there is a walking path around Lake Carolyn where music is played and you can take gondola rides and paddle boats as well. We were served a delicious breakfast in our room as well as 2 free drinks for each of us before breakfast arrived. The packaged we reserved included 5pm late checkout so we took advantage of the time and stayed the afternoon. When we left a young man named "David" went after our car, loaded it up and provided us with bottled water for the trip home. He was very, very courteous as was the whole staff while we were there. This hotel is "top notch" and in a very romantic setting. We will definately be back!!!

Room Tip: Choose a high level room with a view of the Dallas skyline
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank happyfamilyTexas
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The Omni does a better job than most hotels of hiding it's age. Highs: Staff is first rate, facility is clean and furnishings are very nice. Beautiful view. Quiet rooms. Lows: a lack of outlets in the rooms, as common in older hotels, some areas showing wear and tear, particularly conference facilities. Location is not within walking distance of many restaurants, so if you are not driving, you're trapped. In my room the iron was visibly broken, having obviously been dropped by a prior guest.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Jim R
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We love this hotel when traveling with family. It's a great location and it doesn't seem like you are in the big city. The area around the hotel is very quiet.The rooms are great, the staff is great, and the kids enjoy it. They give the kids gift backpacks when we arrive. That never get's old for them.They have a boat ride in the back of the hotel. I haven't been on in, but it looks like it would be fun if you are on a romantic getaway. We usually spend most of the time in the pool because the kids love it. If you can get a corner room, those are my favorite. Great view and the kids enjoy it.

Is this my favorite Omni? Not quite. The one Downtown tops all, but this one was my favorite up until they built it. So for what its worth, this is still a great hote if I can't get a room downtown.

Room Tip: Join Omni Rewards to get free internet. If you plan to stay in Omni Hotels in the future the rewards...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kevin H
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I love to travel to Dallas,but I prefer to stay in Irving.Last February I stayed in the Four Seasons,and I was pretty sure I`d never find another hotel in the área like the Four Seasons.I was mistaken.
Four Seasons was sold out and I tried the Omni,and I´d never regret my choice.
We booked a corner suíte and we had plenty of space.The room was very nice,large king bed,a sofá,table,chairs,marble bathroom.Very clean and tastefully decorated.
Check in by Christina was the fastest in my life.I asked if there was a mini fridge in the room and she immediately provided one.Kate,the Concierge ,was very sweet and helpful.Bobby,the bellman was amazing.
The hotel is adjacent to Lake Carolyn,beautiful in the sunny days.We had lunch at Trevi`s and food and service were perfect!!!
I have just a tiny complaint.I ordered some packages online,and they arrived before I did.I was charged for it.However,I couldnt find in the hotel website where this fee was mentioned!!!

Room Tip: Corner suíte!!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Liylly
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas
Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West
Aloft Las Colinas
Aloft Las Colinas
#28 of 77 in Irving
NYLO Irving / Las Colinas
Dallas Marriott Las Colinas
The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport

Been to Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas? Share your experiences!