“Outstanding” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 78 Hotels in Irving
Lawton, OK
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We have stayed in this hotel for years. The latest visit was this weekend. It always exceeds our expectations. When you walk in there are gorgeous fresh flowers, the lobby is complete with water feature and grand piano, and there is always a "treat" out for the guest. They APPRECIATE you choosing them and it shows. It is spotlessly clean and the Trevi restaurant is a gourmet dining experience. Sat night we sat out under their arbor for dinner and felt like we were in Rome! The staff is excellent! You will not find a hotel in Dallas that will be more enjoyable than this.

Room Tip: We have never had a bad room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Went to Dallas for the first time to see a new addition to our family. We had no idea where to stay and didn't want to be in a motel and I came across the Omni. We got in a little later then expected and when we checked in it was less then 5 minutes for the key to the room, 815. The room was excellent. LOTS of space, open, cool quiet A/C, the air quality was fresh and clear of odors, huge bathroom, CLEAN, big soft towels, wonderful view of downtown Dallas with floor to ceiling windows, and Wolfgang Puck coffee. The staff was friendly and professional. No problems whatsoever. I would stay here again without hesitation.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Worcester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Stayed two nights on business. The biggest hit for me at this hotel were the staff. In every facility the staff were very customer focused and looking to please without being over bearing or in your face.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
dallas,texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

a 61st wedding anniversary "get-away". Hotel was selected because of reviews, amenities and lovely lake location. Check in went fine. Bellman friendly. Room was a king corner suite. Very large and quite lovely.
the view something else.???? On ther 8th floor we looked down on a small portion of lake ?? a very busy street, and unfinished mono-rail system. I mentionedd this to Bellman and he called FrontDesk to e about moving us to a higher floor on the opposite cornr.
front desk said since no rooms were available then, they would move us the next morn. after Housekeeping and check-outs were done. we left everything packed...grabbed some "nighties" and went to sleep. much noise from busy street. I am a verylight sleeper so it bothered me.

next morn I called front desk o check on our "moving. I was assured wewere to be moved to #2111.for us tojust go onto Fort Worths Kimball
Art Museum, ad they would move usand have our new key waiting when we returned.I eagerly looked forward to returning to our "new" room on the 21st floor with a better view. Alas, when we returned, went to Front
Desk to get new key....they looked at me like I had "lost my mind"!!! No one knew anything abut a move, and we were still in ourr original room with our luggage still unpacked>I should have gone to the night Mgr on duty but, instead wasted time and energy with man on duty at front desk. . He needs a lot of PR work.. F iNally found us a room on a higher floor ( which was for the handicapped with the exact same view. as a comp he offered us a drink in the bar !!!! Wasn't that a great comp after "promise broKen" ?????
no possibility of checking out as i had Prepaid for 3 nights.
The lobby is beautiful an very comfortable.
We ate all three nights at the hotel once in the bar area, and twice in the dining room. The bar-food was Minestroni soup. Luki warm.

Two nights in dining room...food was excellent. Nice amibence, looked out onto the "green" and "lake". Very nice waiters and serrvice. Would eat there again.
As far as an Omni Hotel you will never see us again, and I shall te(which happened to be a "handuicappedll all who will listen about "broken promises". sorry, will never return. And, Thanks for a "memorable" 61st anniversary get-away> Mary S

Room Tip: Gett as high as you can. Ask for room ending in "11"
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

It is an older hotel but still in great shape. My room was very comfortable and quiet. I didn't eat in the hotel but the hotel bar was fine for drinks before going out. Close to the Cowboys stadium and Byron Nelson golf tournament . I wish they had free wifi.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Bourbonnais IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Wow! This hotel knows how to treat its guests!! I signed up for their preferred program before my stay (for a Conference) and do they ever know how to make a guest feel welcome! I couldn't believe there was a personalized note welcoming me as well as compliementary bottled water; and the name and extension of a person I could contact if I needed anything...each morning I had the choice of a complimentary beverage delivered to my room at a select time. Delicious hot coffee and a small muffin were delivered to my door each day. The iron in the room malfunctioned and when I reported it, their staff took care of it immediately. Service was friendly, atmosphere was welcoming and classy...great feng shui, by the way. Would definitely stay there again. Loved it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kelly R
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I'd like to begin this review by saying that this is my "Go To" hotel in Dallas. My family would always stay here when we were kids and now my mom and I end up in Dallas a couple of times a year for a girls weekend shopping trip.

I would also like to mention that I would stay at this hotel again, but they are in need of a tune up in several areas. 1) My mom and I have short reddish hair, my mom found a long dark hair in the bathroom and I found a pubic hair in my bed, right under neath my pillow. Mistakes happen, but their housemaid service needs to have an eye for detail. Also, our light-up make up mirror looked like it had been ripped from the wall at one point and then put back up incorrectly, too high and the wall paper was ripped.

2) They have buffet style breakfast that in previous stays has been fantastic. Made-to-order omelets, fresh cut fruit, pastries, etc. This time it looked like everything had been skipped over. There were no plates at the start of the buffet line and a poor guy stood there for quite a while patiently waiting for some one to help him. When I went to get an omelette the person wasn't at their command station waiting to go... so I waited, but ended up just getting the pre-made scrambled eggs, the jam jars weren't full, the fresh fruit was minimal and my biggest pet peeve is full beverage glasses... our's were not.Numerous diners were complaining so we weren't the only one's who noticed. Again, this all boils down to attention to detail.

I would suggest the head manager take more of an active role to make sure that all of this staff is paying close attention to detail. This is a fantastic hotel and needs to be every time repeat guests stay in their establishment, not walking away thinking what in the hell happened.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Whitney V
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Downtown Dallas
The Joule, Dallas
The Joule, Dallas
#4 of 200 in Dallas
4.5 of 5 stars 957 reviews

Been to Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas? Share your experiences!