“Decent Hotel - Join the Select Guest Program” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas

Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas
Ranked #3 of 78 Hotels in Irving
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Decent Hotel - Join the Select Guest Program”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

The hotel isn't new and some of the rooms could really use some work. (Some coworkers ended up in rooms with murphy beds that could also be used as meeting rooms. The decor and layout was really off-putting and they ended up switching rooms.) But the value was pretty good. It's close to the airport, so you can get in and out. But I would only stay there if I had business in the area. The staff provided GREAT service. Join the Omni Select Guest rogram in order to get free internet. The faster check-in, free breakfast beverage and a free pressing are also great perks. While the hotel may not be among my favorites, I've been at a number better Omni Hotels and their Select Guest program is one of my favorite. Hopefully they'll update this one to the standards of others.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for your review and for your loyalty to Omni Hotels & Resorts and our Select Guest Program. We are sorry to hear that our rooms and decor did not quite live up to your expectations but are very glad that our staff provided such great service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed here because we were attending a highly-anticipated event at the nearby convention center for our anniversary.

Keep in mind, I got a really good deal on this place so I am considering value a top priority. No, this is not luxurious nor is it new or modern. I actually thought the service at the check-in area was just OK as well.

What really impressed me was how they treated us for our anniversary. We were upgraded to a suite with a view of the canal and a large-sized balcony. Additionally, the Omni provides small perks such as shoe polishing, pressing your pants, etc. They even spoiled us with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries! Finally, we were provided efficient transportation to and from the convention center with hardly any wait time.

There is really no reason to complain when the service and treatment is like this. I guess I came in with low expectations and was wowed. I look forward to booking more stays with Omni, particularly at the Omni in downtown Dallas.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
We're so glad you had such an enjoyable anniversary experience and that you took the time to share it! We always love to hear when we've made our guests feel "spoiled" and hope we get the chance to spoil you again soon!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stayed here for business for 2 weeks.

1) Decor and everything in the room looks old and outdated
2) Staff was friendly
3) Breakfast room-service (in terms of quality of food) was just average
4) Loved free newspaper delivery in the morning
5) Cleaning service was outstanding
6) Laundry service was over-priced
7) Bar in the first floor lobby is not good for watching sports. TVs are located in odd positions. I ended up walking 3 blocks down to the Italian Cafe place (with a bar) to watch NFL games
8) Great dry-cleaning place across the street from the hotel
9) Free parking

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review as we always appreciate receiving guest feedback. We take pride in providing a superior level of service and cleanliness so we are happy to hear that both of these areas received high marks with you. We're sorry that some other aspects of your stay and the decor fell a little short. We do hope you will consider us again when your travels bring you back to our area.
Carrboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

This was my second time lodging at the Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas. Like before, the purpose was business and the requirement for lodging was to be close to my meeting site, walkable, and above average TripAdvisor ratings. The Omni Mandalay met all these requirements.

Early check in of 1pm was available and my room was spotless clean with a lovely personalized welcome note. And after 20 minutes or so, a lovely unexpected treat of sweets was delivered, compliments of hotel management that must read TripAdvisor reviews, since in the note, there was an apology for the problems I encountered in the onsite restaurant (Trevi's) years earlier.

Mornings and evenings were spent walking along the canal and as before I sensed no safety issues. There are Bose speakers placed along the hotel section of the walkway and the musical exotic sounds of bells, gongs and flutes, was ideal for the stroll. Breakfast was included in my rate, so although my previous experience with the restaurant years earlier was totally unacceptable, this time around I found the selections to be plentiful, scrumptiously delicious, with attentive staff and very friendly/humble breakfast chef.

Would I return? Yes. Will I dine at the hotel? Absolutely!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you so much for giving us a second try and for taking the time to submit this review after your stay. We do take all feedback from our guests very seriously so we are glad we were able to correct previous issues and make your dining experience so much more enjoyable this time around. We look forward to providing another spectacular stay on your next trip to the Dallas area!
austin, texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Had never stayed here before, but came up for the Cowboys' game. Nice room, beautiful room, exceptional staff -- all very friendly. Had dinner with my husband at The Ranch in Las Colinas -- as recommended by the concierge -- loved it. It was nice taking the complementary drive to the restaurant and back. Had breakfast buffet at the hotel -- delicious with home-made breads. Great stay, good beds.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your feedback! We are glad our staff provided such a friendly and exceptional stay and that the room accommodations and food and beverage experience were so enjoyable as well.
hadley rille
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

got a great internet rate. nice clean quiet room, pretty lobby, easy parking, big flatscreen, would return. nice location. good views from high rooms, las colinas is pretty. love dallas for visiting!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your review...we're so glad that your visit hit so many highpoints and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Dallas!
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

From the moment I stepped into the Mandalay I knew I was going to like this hotel.
Staff are incredibly attentive and friendly and the guy on the front desk was a pleasure to deal with. Had flown for 25hrs and was in no mood for a long check in and he picked up on this and helped me get to my room in minutes....thank goodness for observant people!
The bed was exceptional and it felt like sleeping on clouds and there are more than enough pillows to sleep with.
There is wifi in the room (for a charge) but you are able to get this waived if you join their club and this was free...so a no brainer.
Tv has many channels and is a nice 40 inch flat screen, and there is a safe in the room big enough for a laptop.
Bathroom well stocked and has a bathrobe and loads of towels and for the ladies and those non folliculily challenged, there is a hair dryer.
There is enough US style plugs for the power hungry among us and the room was well lit when need be.
The maid service didn't come until I called them on the first day, but were thorough with their duties for the rest of my stay.
The pool was nothing special but nice enough and great to lie by during a hot day.
The gym is well equipped and has towels, water, personalised tv's, circuit weights, free weights and running machines etc. actually an excellent gym.
The breakfast was excellent and there was a lot to chose from and the waiters we're superb! Not a sad face among them and made getting up a pleasure.

Overall a stunning stay and I would definitely recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Loads of free parking at the hotel and a bar across the road called the cellar which was also nice