“Still a great hotel despite some housekeeping issues”

Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas
Ranked #3 of 79 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed October 29, 2011

Stayed here for business in Oct and hadn't been there for a while. The hotel is still really beautiful and I stayed in a king suite. Unfortunately, the water in the bidet ran continuously, one of the phones did not work at all, and some of the upholstery was pretty worn. I am a platinum Omni member but some how this was lost in my reservation. When I mentioned it at the front they added it to my registration, but never delivered water in the evening, nor the newspaper I usually request. However, the free coffee and juice service was prompt and much appreciated. I would still stay there but for the money, little things like this need attention.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
OmniTexasMgr, E-Commerce Manager at Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2011

Thank you for the honest and detailed review about your stay with us at the Omni Mandalay Hotel. We will ensure our Front Desk staff alerts the appropriate areas when they add your Select Guest number to ensure you receive all of the benefits you have earned. We appreciate you continuing to choose Omni and know that on your next stay, you will find these issues corrected. Thank you again and safe travels.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,458)

Reviewed October 7, 2011

I stayed a while ago with my family. It's a little out of the way, a car is definitely needed, however the hotel and especially the staff were first class. Within 5 minutes of arriving, a member of staff brought my 4 year old daughter a fabulous little welcome pack, the room was extremely spacious (probably one of the biggest I've stayed in). Room service, housekeeping were incredible. It was the perfect place to come and relax away from the hustle and bustle of downtown Dallas. Fitness suite and pool were great, restaurant, albeit a little pricey, was excellent, parking is free as well. I think what makes the hotel stand alone, is the exceptional level of professional and very friendly staff, who went the extra mile to make our stay that little bit extra special. Yes, I am in the military, and perhaps wearing my uniform and Green Beret may have influenced the staff when my family and I arrived, but after meeting other guests and families and hearing them speak of their stay so highly, I clearly didn't catch them on a good day, I firmly believe every day at this hotel is a good day. I have recommended this hotel to all my family, friends and colleagues, and will without doubt, stay here again when I return. Thanks Omni !.....my daughter still has that little welcome bag !

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
OmniTexasMgr, E-Commerce Manager at Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2011

Thank you for joining us for your getaway. We always enjoy hearing that everything went so smoothly, and your whole family enjoyed their stay with us at the Omni Mandalay Hotel. We appreciate your patronage as well as your service to our country. Thank you and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 6, 2011

From the moment we arrived, this trip to the Omni was a disaster. TV in room didn't work, we had to ask for a rollaway three separate times and finally, there was a loud band playing outside our window until well past 1:00 AM! Terrible stay and we won't be back.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

We apologize that your stay did not live up to your expectations or the expectations we set for ourselves. We want every guest to leave with a very positive impression of our hotel, and we did not achieve that in this instance. If you do reconsider and join us again, please reach out to us and we will ensure that the issues you experienced are a one-time issue. Thank you for your feedback and safe travels.

Reviewed October 5, 2011

My wife and I recently stayed at the Omni Mandalay in Los Colinas. Bought through Priceline and got a great deal. The best thing about the hotel for us was the location to the things we wanted to do. Easy trip (20 minutes) down to Cowboy Stadium and then only 20 minutes or less to the Hyatt Regency where our son was staying that weekend for an Arkansas football game. I suppose if you want all the crowds you should stay somewhere else but for the quiet relaxed time we were looking for it was perfect.

Our room was a corner suite, well appointed and very clean. Bathrooms could use a little updating but they are large and worked well for us. Comfortable, very comfortable beds, wonderful seating area. We only ate one meal there which was the breakfast buffet. It was good and the service was great. Also offered menu service but we were anxious to get to the stadium for the start of the game.
I will defintely stay here again as it met our needs well.

Room Tip: Ask for the city and lake view rooms as high as you can. Hotel is over 28 stories high I believe.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hogfanz

We appreciate your kind words regarding the Omni Mandalay Hotel. We strive to be an enviroment where you can enjoy your weekend, whether you are looking for a quiet weekend away or seeing the sights of Dallas. We look forward to your return to visit us whenever your travels bring you to Dallas. See you soon!

Reviewed September 28, 2011

Top of the line upscale hotel is an understatment! We had an amazing view of the lake from the 16th floor. The room was perfect! The parking garage was free, and safely located next to the entrance to the Hotel. There Italian resturant provided an excellent meal including drinks, and the shopping boutiques were so cute and within walking distance. The hotel grounds were manicured beyond words. It was well worth the money and easy to find. Oh, don't miss the gondola rides that start at dusk. They were worth the wait! I plan to return at least once a year! Way to go Omni Mandalay!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Stephany777

Thank you for the great review of the hotel - we are glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to your next visit. Thank you and safe travels!

Reviewed September 24, 2011

The rooms are clean elegant.... Staff is outstanding. Was there for a conference and all meals and service were outstanding. Loved the outside breakfast area especially in the cool September mornings. Rates are also good and this hotel is definitely a better choice than all the other cookie cutter brands in region- I would even say I would choose this property over the Four Seasons-

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank MTCB
Reviewed September 19, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Omni for our 1st Anniversary. I booked this hotel because it had a spa and because it was on the water. When we arrived, the bellmen were very helpful in telling us where to park (opted not to do valet). The parking garage was free and not a far walk at all. We booked the Suite Surrender Spa package. When we arrived, they already had our express check-in ready. We requested a room with a water/downtown Dallas view and she changed our room without hesitation. Check-in took maybe 5 minutes at the max. The room was very spacious, and more updated than the photos on their website (flat screen TV, etc). The bathrooms could use some updating though. The weather was very nice, so we spent some time out on the balcony. It would be nice if they were a little bigger, as they aren't wide enough to have chairs out there. We went down to the spa for our couples massage and it was amazing! Everyone was very friendly and welcoming in the spa. After our massages, we went down to the pool. There was only one other family there. I saw a sign for dining options poolside, but did not see any hotel staff near the pool. I don't know if it was because we were there after labor day, but the pool area was pretty desolate for a Saturday even though it was 90+ degrees outside. We had dinner reservations nearby and took advantage of the free transfer service they have within 5 miles. In the morning we went down to the breakfast buffet. It was a little pricey, but most Sunday buffets are. And the food was delicious! The hotel was very nice, but seemed somewhat deserted. Which was ok with us because we came there to relax, not party. The service is what really makes this hotel outstanding! I highly recommend the Omni Mandalay!

Room Tip: Ask for a water/downtown Dallas view!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Heidi M
OmniTexasMgr, E-Commerce Manager at Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2011

Thank you for letting us know about your great stay. We are glad you chose to spend your first anniversary with us, and we know this is an important occasion so it is great to hear it went so well. We hope that whenever you need a quick getaway you are able to join us again. Thank you and we look forward to your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West
Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas
NYLO Irving / Las Colinas
Aloft Las Colinas
Aloft Las Colinas
#26 of 79 in Irving
The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport
Dallas Marriott Las Colinas

Been to Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas? Share your experiences!