“Very nice for the Price”

Wingate by Wyndham DFW / North Irving
Ranked #65 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We were forced to stay here because of an airline problem and were given a coupon for this hotel. We were quite impressed. We noticed the "rack rates" and in our opinion (although we were not paying for it) we got a lot for our money. Very clean, well kept and the two guys at the font desk were very helpful. If I ever had to over-night at DFW again, I would not hesitate to stay here. But part of the reason is the BlueFire Grill at the Weston just across & down the street. I reviewed it a few minutes ago. Brisket Sandwich to die for!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Sanjay V, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham DFW / North Irving, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Thank you so much for your feedback. I'm glad that we could acommodate you and that your experience was great. If ever you are back in the area, we hope you come again.

There are newer reviews for Wingate by Wyndham DFW / North Irving

Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

As I was checking in, I watched as they gave a customer towels for blankets and another customer that needed a fridge for insulin a hard time. This place is horrible stay away. The staff was extremely rude and did not seem to care for peoples needs. It would be much better to just stay away.

1  Thank Airforce514
Sanjay V, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham DFW / North Irving, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Thank you so much for your feedback. It is much appreciated. The behaviors you speak of should not have happened. I apologize that you had to experience that while staying with us. I will speak to the staff so that things are handled in a different manner the next time these issues shall arise. Thank you for staying with us and I hope you visit us again in the future.

Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

The entire hotel stunk of mold and was muggy. The floors were dirty in the room, humid as the AC was off - it was 95 degrees in Texas this day. The pool was filthy. We were at breakfast at 9:40am (breakfast ends at 10am) but staff refused to cook eggs or bacon. It was all gone at this point so had to settle for muffins and cereal. The lady at the front desk spent more time on iPhone than looking up to speak to us. If you want clean rooms and good customer service this is NOT the hotel for you.

1  Thank Texanfam5
Sanjay V, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham DFW / North Irving, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Ricky,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I have discussed the issues with the staff so hopefully this incident will not occur again. If ever you all decide to come back to the area, I hope you take advantage of the 1 free night stay voucher that we issued to you. I hope the duration of your summer is filled with joy!

Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We stayed on July 5th one night.

Pros: This hotel is in a good location and is easy to find.

Cons: The hotel is very hot inside. We stayed on the second floor and the whole floor smelled like cigarettes and as we make our way down the hall to our room we could smell
marijuana.( I thought it was funny seeing two kids with their mom leaving their room to go to the pool and them covering their noses with their towels lol.) This hotel is not as clean as the website shows it to be. Stains on carpet and walls. The AC made noise all night. The cable tv had static so I had to jiggle the cable wire all night.

Overall I don't know if the price is right will more than likely not stay here again.

PS. We had a request to be put in corner away from other guest because our baby had surgery at Cooks and crys all night hotel did not accomadate. Which is fine but we would like to apologize for those who had to deal with the crying.

• Stayed: July 2014

I definitely want apologize for the inconvenience during your stay. I must also mention that we train the front desk to do their best to accommodate guest's special needs/requests. If you were not put on a certain floor or given a particular room, it's probably because we didn't have anything available. At least I hope that this is the reason. As for the 2nd floor, we do have 9 smoking rooms in the hotel and they are all on the 2nd floor. For those individuals that do not request a smoking room, we try to put them on the 1st or 3rd floor unless we are sold out and in that case we have no choice. I will check with my maintenance crew to be sure that the AC is lowered throughout the hotel especially during the summer months. This Texas heat and the smell of cigarettes and any other odor for that matter, tend to amplify. Thanks for your feedback and we value your business.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Today I was saved by the staff at this Wingate! Having booked online, I emailed the hotel to confirm a few things. When it was discovered that I had accidentally booked with a different site, they fixed me up right away with warmth and professionalism. I write "they," but in fact it was one person, Ms Coleman, who helped me out so much. She was great, both on email and on the phone. Now THAT'S good customer service. Thanks.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Sanjay V, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham DFW / North Irving, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Mr. Stavros,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I pride myself in having Mrs. Coleman as my assistant. She is indeed amazing. I am glad to hear that she was able to help you during your time in need. We welcome you to stay with us anytime and look forward to meeting you upon your arrival. Have a safe trip.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

We were on our way to Canada from Cincinnati and our flight got cancelled due to weather, so we were forced to take a flight to Dallas to catch the next morning flight to Calgary out of Dallas. So, I make travel arrangements for my job and I love the Wingate's in Ohio and have trusted Wingate on our trips to Florida, in Tennessee and Georgia…so since I trusted them, we called and made reservations for Wingate in Dallas. They really let me down. First they hooked us up with a shuttle from the Airport which was a nightmare. Took them almost an hour to pick us up and get us to hotel. Then the hotel was NOT at all the Wingate I know and love. Choose someplace else around DFW.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

I am so sorry that we were not able to meet you expectations. I greatly appreciate your feedback. Hopefully in the near future, you may return for a better experience.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Sanjay V, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham DFW / North Irving, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014