“Texas Stay”

Wingate by Wyndham DFW / North Irving
Ranked #66 of 77 Hotels in Irving

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Korean first
ALPHARETTA
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Business center computer was not working and I could not print my airline ticket.
Also breakfast service is not fast and I had to wait about 10 minutes for scrambled egg.
Garbage pick up was not done frequently, so I just put my stuff on the top of the garbage can. Its been all the time whenever I use the breakfast space.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 19, 2012

The hotel was nice, complimentar breakfast delicous and appreciaed, and the prices were affordable. Would have been an excellent trip but I think some of the staff need to be educated in cultural sensitivity. My partner and I overheard check-in clerks laughing as we left the desk which I found to be rude and discriminatory since I'm sure other couples are no ridiculed. The incident greatly offended and hurt my partner. Won't be returning to the hotel which I regret since the stay was otherwise terrific.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

WESTFIELD
Reviewed October 5, 2012

as always the service was excellent. They really go out of their way to be helpful. Would recommend to any frequent business traveler

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

LUFKIN
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at your hotel. It had all of the comforts of home. It was clean, the staff was very friendly and helpful. I was very please with the room rate and felt like it was well worth the rate.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Blaydon
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We checked in at 6.30 a.m. after the arrival of our overnight flight. When we booked the hotel we made this arrival time known & asked if a later check-out could be made available as our ongoing flight was not until 16.55. Upon arrival the desk clerk commented that we would only be in the hotel for a couple of hours, & I said that we had asked for a later check-out. I was told that usual check-out is 12.00 but she would let us stay until 13.00, which I reluctantly accepted.
The message was not communicated to the house staff as there were three attempts to enter the room before 12.00, & then at 12.00 the reception desk telephoned to remind me that check-out time was 12.00. I told her that her colleague had agreed a 13.00 check out, which she accepted.
I emailed the hotel about three weeks beforehand to ask if the shuttle service to the airport would be available at 6.00. I can't trace receiving a reply, but in the event the service was provided. Bearing that in mind I would have expected hotel staff to realise that a 12.00 check-out was inappropriate & communicate that fact to other employees. All we wanted was a place to get a good sleep, but we encountered many disturbances which were unwarranted & could have been avoided.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple